How Charge Bonus works?

Hi. I have some question about Charge Bonus and how does it work.

So, in page 23 Of Rulebook we can find a condition for earning Charge Bonus. As a result of Charge Action player can choose what kind of bonus model has earn (Black or Green effect dice).

Next in page 25 Rulebook we can find following text:

IF A MODEL MAKING A CC ATTACK HAS TWO CHARGE BONUS MARKERS NEXT TO IT AND IT PERFOMS A CC ATTACK AGAINST THE MODEL WHICH IT CHARGED, ONE BLACK AND ONE GREEN DICE ARE ADDED TO THE ATTACK ROLL.

How can i receive 2 Charge Bonus?
And how does first and second earned Charge Bonus work?

Fow example:
My Sole Survivor Nora is Heroic and in activation i have 2 nuka cola bottle in special effect dice (blue dice).

1. In 1 Qiuck action Nora Charge a Super Mutant Brute and earn her first Charge Bonus (ex. Green). (p. 23 Rulebook)
  2. In 1 Action Nora atack Brute in Close Combat and earn her second Charge Bonus (ex. Black) because she already has Green dice as first Charge Bonus (for Charge action)? Or not? (p. 25 Rulebook)
  3. In 2 Action Nora atack Brute again (in Close Combat) and earn a 2 Charge Bonus (One Green and One Black) because she has 2 Charge Bonus. Or not? (p. 25 Rulebook).

If i wrong, how can i earn a second (TWO Charge Bonus) Charge Bonus to get another One Black and One Green dice? Or maybe i don’t undestand this part of rule and how the Charge Bonus earning works.

You only gain a charge bonus from charging. Gaining a second charge bonus only comes from some extra abilities - mainly Battlecry, and I think some Boosts and other upgrades. Attacking automatically uses up all of your charge bonuses, and does not add any more.

Thanks for answer.

But what kind of extra abilities or boosts/upgrade you mean?

Battle Cry is a part of Charge action and in rulebook i can’t find opportunity to use Battle Cry when you already engaged (Already in Close Combat), so you can’t earn some extra Charge Bonus this way.

Or maybe you can gain a Battle Cry bonus+Charge Bonus… Hmmm … But i think it too cool to be real.

However if you don’t spend first Charge Bonus, scheme which i described will work :slight_smile: and you can gain a 2 Green + 2 Black Bonus Dice at third Action (If you still alive).

No, you cannot use Battle Cry once in combat…you use Battle Cry as you charge, and as it says on p36, if this works you get one of each Charge Bonus token (Black and Green) instead of just one token. Also, Charge bonuses go away as soon as you do anything other than attack the charge target. Lastly, you only get a charge bonus token for charging, not for attacking in close combat.

I don’t know the boost cards exhaustively, but I wouldn’t be surprised if one of them allowed an extra charge bonus somehow.

Hi,

What YogoZuno said is correct.

The two markers mentioned are only due to a successful use of Battlecry. When a model Charges it gains a charge bonus of either black or green (shown by placing a black or green dice marker). If a model with Battlecry successfully uses it, they gain a dice marker that makes their total black and green, i.e. if they chose black when they Charged then they get the green, or if they chose green when they Charged, they get the black. (Battlecry is part of a Charge action so this is all done as part of the same action.) If the Battlecry fails, the dice marker the player added to the model gets removed.

The entire bonus must be used on their next action (if it is a melee attack against the model that was charged), or discarded if any other action is performed.

Therefore, it is not possible for a model currently with a charge bonus to gain another charge bonus on top of that.

When Battlecry succeeds, the two bonus markers must be black and green (as described in the Battlecry rules). The rule above is actually there to ensure it is clear that both extra dice get added to the next attack, and there is no option to use just one of the dice markers and keep the other, or not use them at all.