Factions we're looking for?

I don’t know if they’d be “Heroes” for the draugr faction, but the Dragon Priests would be pretty awesome to play around with.

Also second a Blades faction. One of my favorite groups in the games.

We are unlikely to do generic beasts - wolves and bears are well served by other miniatures, and not doing them frees up a slot in the schedule where we can put in something really uniquely Skyrim.

There are a couple of bards in the lineup, but they don’t really work as a whole faction.

Blades - well, maaaaybee. I mean, can you think why dragonslayers might be useful?

Draugr will be getting some love in a later chapter, and will have some very cool “heroes” that you can form parties with.

5 Likes

How about spiders .Skyrim spiders are very unique looking

Yeah, they’re Solifugae instead of Araneae. I wonder how I know that…

3 Likes

I understand how you would want to free up your release schedules with more important miniatures. Do you think there would be any talk in the future with releasing .stl files for beasts like bears and wolves that you don’t plan on releasing as physical models, kind of like how Fallout does with some of their terrain and vehicles? Skyrim’s fauna are some of my favorite things about the game.

We’d still need to create the STL files of the bears and wolves, so that’s two sculpting slots that aren’t being used for something else. I also think it’s probably unlikely that we’d release STL files for actual figures, as opposed to terrain and scenics. I’ll never say never, but there are no plans right now.

I know that generic wolves and bears may be unlikely, but what about some named creatures? I am a big fan of the dogs in Skyrim, especially Barbas and Bran (even if they do get me stuck in doorways sometime) and would love to see them in the game. Bran could be part of the Dawnguard faction if there are plans for that. While there are some good dog minatures out there, I have yet to see an armored husky and you guys make some great dog miniatures, my favorite is the armored Dogmeat from Fallout Wasteland Warfare. I may be extremely biased, but even so I think one good boy would be a good addition to the game.

I’ll also throw in that I hope we get things like Sabercats, Horkers, and other elder scrolls specific versions of animals. I get the generic being generic, but animals like that are a specific part of the Tamriel experience.

1 Like

Dogs - we do seem to be a company that likes dogs. I’m sure my canine companion, Buster, would not let me hear the last of it if we didn’t look at something that he could collect and paint (though, his brush control is not all it could be).

Sabrecats and Horkers, plus Mudcrabs, are certainly more likely than bears or wolves.

2 Likes

I can understand the bards not working as a complete faction. They are typically support characters, and have little to do in Skyrim. They are amusing though and being able to have one in the party is nice.

Odds of getting graybeards?

Greybeards are, like the Bards College, a cool idea, but don’t really fit into a skirmish game. They spend all their time up in High Hrothgar, shouting down for a delivery when they run out of milk.

But, as I’ve said before; we’ll never say never. They might make a nice promo figure, maybe.

2 Likes

I Imagine the Greybeards and Bards from the college would not be a “faction”. They would probably fit into Heroes or Hirelings. Greybeards would probably have a high Septim count to run them in a skirmish game. They would probably have a recharge rate of 2 Thum’um per round. The Bards would be cool to give a AOE affect to their allies at the cost of it being a full activation after or before movement. I personally can’t wait till the Dwemer (at least their Automatons) are released they being my favorite in the lore of the Elder Scrolls.

+1 for the Thievesguild - regular and nightingale sets, dark brotherhood, and various bandit types.

While not ‘factions’ - some of the distinctive homes, shops, etc. would be great. I’m on my 3rd play-through of Skyrim right now and I have to say, it’s surprising how few unique building models there really are – you could probably capture most of them in a village set or two. Same goes for the delve terrain.

Will you be selling terrain, markers, etc. to the FLGS? I’d like to support them too when they re-open by purchasing through them.

2 Likes

+1 for the Forsworn (because of Ulfric’s shenanigans)
+1 for the Thalmor (mainly because they’re a threat to the Empire, amongst other things)
The vampires, the silver hand, the companions and the dawnguard are in order too.

I don’t feel like the guilds (companions and blades excepted) should be counted as a faction as they aren’t actively bickering with another faction. The bards’ college sits around and learns songs, the thieves’ guild goes maffia on Riften:

I suppose you could have them as “key” figure (Greybeards excepted) in a quest accompanying you in a delve.

I mean, @Pipareykir , you aren’t wrong…but the idea behind playable factions isn’t “which ones have beef with each other”, especially since we have a solo/cooperative aspect to the game. It’s to have characters from those factions playable.

Sure, the thieves guild isn’t actively trying to undermine the bards college while they backstab the college of winterhold who in turn is trying to spread the truth about the companions, but it would be hella awesome to have thieves guild characters and missions that aren’t about straight up combat but instead sneaking into a place, or a bard follower who comes with more support magic instead of flames, or a novice initiate who also summons other figures to the board like atronachs, or a warrior who, when the chips are down, can activate their quick spell and transform into a werewolf.

It doesn’t matter if they are bickering with another faction, this isn’t a pvp only game that requires such contrivances.

Yeah, I’m all for different sort of guild’s missions or some sort of “mini-game” if there are starters for each guild scheduled later. Like extermination or fight in a tavern for the compagnons, searching for books or fighting summoned creatures or rogues mages for mages guild, and stealth missions for thieves guild. I kinda like the idea of thieves in the middle of a town trying to rob something from citizens and for winning to have a maximum value of item in septim.

Those are some great ideas for solo and coop missions!

@Unwol that makes me want to write up the opening mission of the thieves guild, Brand-Shei’s ring.

Have a set area (the market place of riften) with figures around and you have to move from place to place, with sneak checks when you loot and a possibly opposed sneak check when you plant it. It can be a good opener since you don’t have to remain stealthed through the whole thing, just when you are doing the two options.

It’s be a quick one, like the escape from Helgen missions, but could be fun

1 Like

You can imagine some missions as to make escape a prisoner from a dungeon for example (robing keys from a guard, modify prisoner’s list… There’s so many things available !

1 Like