Dune Beta Test Open

Is the Dune Beta playtest private forum already open?

I have the beta docs, and many questions. Any word on when the private forum will be opened?

2 Likes

Same here - read the rules, have many questions and definitely need some help from the community to run 2D20. Hope the private forum opens soon. Now off to make some spice coffee.

1 Like

Scroll to the very bottom of the front page of the forums. See if you have a link down there. (I do)

Curious. Made sure I signed up with the Beta test email, but I do not see any link of the sort. :worried:

Did you use the same email address for the beta and the forum?
Definitely open, just posted (first thread, what do I win?)

That’s what I meant by signing up with the same email.

You do mean the forum front page and not the Dune category front page?

EDIT: Hope it’s not that I have out of date browsers on a 9 year old computer, because that would mean I never get to participate.

I do mean the forum home page. @Andy-Modiphius can you assist?

1 Like

¯_(ツ)_/¯
Dunno. We play again tonight with the beta, but just won’t get to talk about it. :roll_eyes:

In any case, thanks, poi. :upside_down_face:

I think poi is correct, although I’m not the webmaster so this is mainly a guess.

The private forum will only appear for you once you are signed up to it and they will use the email you signed up to the beta to sign you in automatically. If you are not in it, you won’t see it (no matter how much spice tea you drink).
If you used a different email to your forum one, you’ll need to drop the forum masters (not me) a line (giving us both emails so we can check you are signed up) and they should be able to do it manually.
But we’ve had a lot of mails so if you haven’t had an invite or the forum hasn’t magically appeared they may still be getting round to you. They may have only added a few test mails at the moment too.

I will check with the forum lords to make sure I’m not talking rubbish and get back to you though. :slight_smile:

The same email where I received the beta is what I used to sign up today with. Had the beta the full week.

EDIT: Since I have used the same email should I still contact the forum masters? Or email someone?

Has anyone else not received the playtest documents? Signed up at the start of the week but Friday came and went and I didn’t get sent anything.

Do I need to reapply and wait another week? Scheduling a game is difficult enough at the best of times so I was really hoping I’d have them.

And how do we do that?
Having run session 1…

I’ve been looking foward to this since forever. I’ve first read Dune when I was 14 (I’m 39 now) and have been a fan ever since. I simply devour any Dune media that it’s out there. I’m currently running a Star Trek Adventures session (it’s my first time with the 2d20 system), but so far I think it’ll work great with Dune. Even the idea of the Eras of Play works fine. I’m just curious which Canon will be used: Brian Herbert’s (probably) or the Dune Encyclopedia. Cheers!

@Andy-Modiphius I signed up last week and got the document, but none of my players did, even though I listed their emails when I signed up. Do they need to sign up separately?

I believe the documents only go to the GM, we just need the players listed so they are covered by the NDA which is done by adding their mails. We are working on the assumption you asked them and they are ok with it. :slight_smile:

Once you have the documents you are welcome to share them with anyone you added in your sign up as they are covered. But it cannot be shared any further by anyone.

Thanks! I was assuming along those lines but glad to be sure!

Great to be here! Have already run 1 session of the QS! Hopefully will finish this coming Tuesday

1 Like

I’m lucky that I’m playing with family. Me, my wife, my two tweens and my oldest son all love Dune.

3 Likes

“No Guts No Glory!” ready for Beta Playtest of DUNE RPG :wink: