Corey Belote-style Starship Sheets Resource

Ugh, if we’re getting technical, then the California, implied to be a contemporary of the Galaxy since they use the same saucer section, should have the TNG delta rather than the Voyager/DS9 delta.

However, if we go by the shows they first appear in rather than era, then their deltas are perfectly fine. :grin: :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses:

And in truth, I don’t want to go back to Mr. Gone and tell him to do more work that might be considered superfluous. I’ve tortured him enough over the last couple of months. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Slight misspelling of my name, but it is such a common one that I am use to it and it is the reason why/how I got the nickname of “Core” since I tried to correct someone once and they took it to mean that there was no Y in my name instead of there not being an E. :wink:

I am glad that you all are finding a use for the Starship Sheets that I worked on. I do have a number of other ones that I have been creating and even making some updated versions of existing ones that I am hoping to have done before the start of the new year.

4 Likes

Cory, I’d like it if you, me, and Mr.Gone could compare notes on creating new starship sheets or modifying/improving old sheets. I’ve been a bit busy of late, so I haven’t been able to ask Mr. Gone to finish up a few last sheets that I’d like to get done. Also, I’d like your opinion on all the sheets Mr. G and I have already created. You can find them here: Cory Belote Style Starship PDFs - Google Drive

If you need to talk to me directly, my email addy is cfduque@verizon.net

Hope to hear from you soon!

1 Like

Have set a reply and I’ve had a look at the work that has been done. Sorry for the delay, battling a cold and I didn’t get notified of replies for some reason.

I got your email and replied a little while ago. Mr. Gone also received the same email. I look forward to our collaboration. :smiley:

I just added the Type 9A cargo shuttle to my shuttlecraft folder.

Likewise, since the Archer class scoutship is only 40 meters long, it’s only Scale 2 so I had Mr. Gone make a shuttle format version of it; you can download it here.

1 Like

Now that the Discovery Campaign Guide (2256-2258) book is on preorder with the PDF available now upon purchase of the physical book, I have access to the official stats of the Discovery era starships. And so, I’ve just emailed Mr. Gone and Cory Belote to make updated starship sheet PDFs for the starships, both Starfleet and Klingon, of the Discovery era. We’ll do the Cardenas, Walker, Magee, Nimitz, Hoover, Malachowski, Shepard, Engle, Helios, Hiawatha, and (of course) Crossfield first.

After that, we’ll do the Discovery era Klingon ships (Bird-of-Prey, Qugh, Daspu’ [aka the Toliet Brush class], Qoj, Batlh, Chargh/Jach, and Na’Qjej [aka the Blade ship]) as well. (No wonder those Klingon ships in Season 1 didn’t look so Klingon to me; I didn’t realize they were centuries-old salvaged Hur’q ships. Who knew?) :stuck_out_tongue:

It might take us a few weeks to complete this project (it all depends on how busy Mr. Gone is, really), but I can happily say that I just got the ball rolling tonight.

Mr. Gone just came through with the Discovery era Federation starships. I now have the Cardenas, Crossfield, Engle, Hiawatha, Hoover, Magee, Malachowski, Nimitz, Shepard, Walker, and the DISC/SNW version of the Constitution PDFs now ready for download at my GoogleDocs. For the time being, they are the first 11 PDFs listed in my Federation Starships folder found in my original post.

The next batch of DISC Era PDFs will probably be either the Section 31 starships from Season 2 or the Klingon/Hurq ships from Season 1. Stay tuned.

1 Like

I just got my mitts on the Utopia Planitia PDF with my preorder of the TNG Collector’s Edition of the same. (Damn, but all three versions of the book covers are beautiful, it was hard to choose between them, but since I like blue better than white and I wanted a Collector’s Edition over a regular version, the TNG cover won out.) With official stats of updated and new spaceframes in this book, I’m going to go back and update my Corey Belote starship sheets in my GoogleDocs. The list of ships I’m updating are (in order that I updated them):

Antares (good to see official stats for this workhorse classic)
Archer (which is officially Scale 3 instead of the Scale 2 I thought it was so I’m moving it into the Federation Starships folder instead of Federation Small Craft)
Cheyenne
Daedalus (United Earth era version sheet, not the Federation era version sheet)
Intrepid (United Earth era)
*NX Refit (United Earth era)
Warp Delta (United Earth era)
Soyuz (Hooray for Kelsey Grammer’s TNG cameo!)
Sid-Nala (just a Sydney with Rugged Design changed to Extensive Shuttlebays)
Centaur (yup, it’s Scale 4 after all; I fought the law and the law won)
Freedom (TNG era, not the ENT era Freedom class from ST: Beyond)
Springfield (Aw, it doesn’t have Mission Pods after all? That’s a shame)
Raven type (Man, the smaller Danube runabout is more advanced than the Raven? That’s a shame)
Niagara (Funnily enough, my fan design of this wasn’t too far off…)
Inquiry (Finally! Some ST: Picard love!)

NOTE: I don’t know if this is a discrepancy or just a typo, but the Weapons System rating of the Constellation is noted as 9 in the Command Division book, but is rated as 8 in the UP book. I’ll leave it to others more well-versed in the rules to determine if this is an error or a typo before I make any changes. Ditto for the Sydney and its Computer rating.

Okay, I hope you guys find my updates useful.

All of the spaceframe systems were revised to follow the construction rules in chapter 3. So Command sb and other space frames are technically outdated, though groups are welcome to use whatever version they want.

Ooof.

Whelp…

BC

1 Like

I feel your pain, BC. I think I have to review all of my pre-statted PDFs to match up with the latest stats. You have the bigger and more complicated task, I’m sure, but FWIW, I sympathize.

Welp, indeed, sir.

Ok, I went back and updated the stats of every PDF of all the ships mentioned in the UP book, with the exceptions of the STO ships as I don’t have PDFs of them yet. There are a lot of STO ships in the game and Mr. Gone and I don’t have the time to make PDFs for every variant. But with published stats of the Vesta, Ross, Reliant, Sutherland, Gagarin, Odyssey, and Pathfinder, I think Mr. Gone and I will make PDFs of these ships for everyone. Stay tuned.

Inspiration struck me last night and I decided to finish the Section 31 ships before I make the STO ships from the UP book. I took Cory’s teal-colored Discovery starship scheme and had Mr. Gone replace the Discovery delta with the Section 31 logo. Mr. G had to crop the image file’s right margin to convert it from a4 to letter size, but he sent me the image file he made this morning as a proof-of-concept. What do you guys think of this?:

Keep in mind, this is only a jpg so far; Mr. G still has to convert this to a PDF with fillable fields, but this is what the Nimrod class PDF will look like. Mr. G will make versions for the Sec 31 stealth ship, the Hou Yi and Shiva classes next.

Thoughts?

Never go from A4 to letter, but always take DIN A/B/C formats! :wink:

No, to be honest: I very much like the layout! The Sec31 logo does well on the upper left elbow.
The only thing I’m not sure about are the “breaches”-bars. I think that maybe I would try simple(r) boxes, in a miniaturised style like e.g. the shields. But I’m not sure on that.

In total: I like it very much! :+1:

By chance, did you make a list of the spaceframes where the Utopia Planitia stats are different from previously-published stats? Is it just Contellation and Sydney, or are there others?

BC

I haven’t made a list, but I can tell you that I remember changing the stats of quite a few starships as I’ve tried to update the stats in my PDFs. I’m not anywhere near complete of changing all 104 of my Federation starship PDFs, but I can tell you that I remember changing the stats of almost every ship I’ve updated. To make a list of all the ship classes that had their stats changed in the UP book from their original publishing in the earlier STA books would be an hours-long project. I’m not interested in making multiple versions of every PDF with their old and new stats; I’d rather use the UP stats in my PDFs and be done with it.

That being said, there’s nothing stopping anyone from downloading one of my PDFs and refilling the fields with the old stats if that’s what they want.

But to directly answer your question, BC, I’ve had to update almost every ship mentioned in the UP book. I think there was maybe 1 or 2 ships at most where their UP stats matched what was published previously. I don’t remember which ship or ships they were. Sorry.

1 Like

Thanks, Sutehp. That gives me a sense of the magnitude of the change.

Tomorrow, I’m gonna wear some sleeves so I can roll them up.

BC

2 Likes

I feel your pain, BC. :grimacing:

In any case, good luck with the updates! :slightly_smiling_face:

Note for both of you - a lot of the details for the weapons have changed between the original release of UP and the 2nd version. Make sure you check your values :slight_smile:

1 Like