Continuing Mission Wishlist

@TonyPi Thank you for the quick reaction. BTW I forgot to write down that I like Continuing Mission site a much and that you guys do a tremendous job. :+1:

And in the regards of the wish list I have a feeling there is never enough of Missions. :wink:

1 Like

I’m a big fan of some of the ships from the novels. Particularly the Merian would be nice to see, since the Miranda is getting pretty long in the tooth. Not quite as dedicated to science as the intrepid or as combaty as the PDD ships. A nice scale 4 trooper to fill out fleets, and with a smaller crew for a more intimate feel.

@TonyPi Great changes on the Continuing Mission page, even my wish for summarized reviews had been put into action, thank you very much ! :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Exciting things coming in November at Continuing Mission, including Maquis Month at Featured Crew (starting with Ro Laren), and a team effort on something big on the first weekend of November. Watch this space!

Here’s the main landing page for our new endeavour, Sargon And Beyond: A Continuing Mission Living Setting. We’ll expand this region as we go.

1 Like

I would be very interested in conversions of some of the old FASA content. I have some ideas on those myself, but a number of the starship designs were very nice. They had a few aliens not yet statted out as well, but I think you’ve covered most of those. Ships from other games such as Starfleet Battles would be fun to see as well.

1 Like

For the love of God, don’t do anything with SFB!! I don’t have time now to tell you why it’s a terrible idea, but I’ll get back to you.

SFB? Is that… Searching For Bananas? ~Queues the Banana song~

Edit: Sorry, I couldn’t resist… I know what you are referring to with SFB, although not sure why. Other than it being a bad product in your opinion.

Wonderful product. Overly zealous about their IP. More later when not on my phone.

FASA material would be great to flesh out the 23rd century fleets. Particularly the Romulans. Note that Star Trek Legacy did use FASA’s Whitewind and Winged Defender cruisers…

I did a bit of work on the FASA fleets, although I was quite selective (some of the designs, especially from Starfleet, are hideous by my reckoning!). Maybe I should look at submitting them?

1 Like

Okay, so here’s my cautionary tale about doing things with Star Fleet Battles material.

TL;DR – Don’t do it. Not worth the trouble.

Longer – Years ago, I not only ran a website for the Decipher Trek game, I also managed and edited the ezine. One of the last issues we did had an article in it converting a lot of SFB material into CODA terms.

The issue hadn’t been in the open for a whole day before I got a somewhat angry email from Amarillo Design Bureau, making a lot of troublesome noise about my little fan magazine using their IP without so much as a “howdy” before I did so. ADB is local to me, so I called them up and we talked, and we got things settled down, but it was an annoying experience at best.

They’re very zealous about protecting their IP, and from what I understand about their eternal license (they apparently got a pretty good deal back in the day before Paramount knew what they were sitting on), they kind of have to be, so it’s not that I didn’t understand where they were coming from. I just wasn’t terribly happy with them leading their defense of said IP with a thinly veiled threat of legal action instead of just talking to me.

So, yeah. Save yourself a headache, and just don’t do it.

An easy way to browse the site would be my request, instead of just a whole bunch of articles that you have to go through in chronological order.

Would it be worth looking into video games for additional ship types or could there iffy trouble there? Especially for non-Starfleet ships, games like Armada could be good to help flesh out potential classes of vessels.

Armada does have a good ship set. The Venture class scout is always the one that first jumps out at me, along with the romulan ship set in general

Agreed on the Romulan ship set for sure, the Griffon especially makes for a good antagonist ship to have without having to default to a D’deridex class warbird everytime.

I’m going to enthusiastically back up the combat tracker suggestion. Starship combat is especially hard to keep track of. I think it slows the game down. I’d prefer if Modiphius would do it in an official capacity, but yeah that’d be really useful.

I want to see the TOS crew updated for the movies. Seeing a Star Trek 6 era Kirk, Spock, etc would be awesome.

I had a play with a starship combat spreadsheet a few months back, but left off looking at it. Maybe I should take a look!

I’ve found that 2 or 3 ships is fine, but as soon as the enemy have more than a couple of ships, it’s very easy to lose track of who’s had how many actions! And even the simplified damage is difficult to track.

Thanks. What are the most common things that you find yourself needing to track during starship combat? What can be left out?

I’iglii :slight_smile:

1 Like