Any Date for Wave 9 Previews?

Agreed, the game is feeling a little abandoned right now. Absolutely 0 word about naything is super worrying I understand that delays and such happen, but a small blog post explaining the situation would be welcome.

I suppose we will see at the next ‘fallout friday’ in a week. Maybe everything will be revealed then?

4 Likes

I don’t believe those dates are correct as no one else has the book listed for release in less then a week and the game’s releases traditionally come out in the last half of the month – not first.

I’m not too worried about the lack of communication on the game and I don’t think it’s neglect but just dealing with the realities of working with licenses. Modiphius is a much smaller company then people may realize and Bethesda has had a backlog of approvals for FWW and other stuff from Modiphius due to Starfield and now that that’s out the Fallout team is likely working their way though that (approvals go up through people that work on the games like artists and writers and not just with a merch crew) so Modiphius has likely spent the past month or so working on getting next year’s releases moved through. Remember that they’re 100% beholden to Bethesda’s schedule to get product out which makes having time for a stream even harder.

If having less communication means we get wave 10 and Factions out next year without any more delays I’m fine with that. Things are, again, likely being held off for Modcon (assuming it happens) as setting up and running a stream is very disruptive to a team and if they ran one earlier in the summer they’d still need to have people involved in Modcon and that just takes a lot of time away from the day-to-day jobs. I know I’d be pretty unhappy if my company made me run 2 streams in a few months due to each one of those taking away a good weeks worth of time just to prep for (at a minimum) as it’s 100% just on the FWW team to do all the work for their stream – and if that backlog is being worked on like I’m thinking then they really don’t have time to loose.

Fantasywelt and Wayland games have the rulebook listed for September 8th.
The thing is that John has suddenly disappeared and no one is announcing nor saying anything about FWW for 3-4 months, maybe 2 blogs without news about the game (or at least some Explanations about the delays, the missing info, or something related)

2 Likes

Ah, well that’s because Jon stepped down as line manager for FWW earlier this year. He’s been “Head of Creative Services” for non-rpg games for a few years now and couldn’t keep up doing both jobs to the degree they were needed. It’s not his place to come in a communicate these things anymore as it’s not his project. There’s 2 line managers now for FWW, that have worked on the game for a while, Samantha and Ben and I think they’ve been waiting for the stream to talk about if officially.

This isn’t anything super secret – Jon was talking to people about it months ago on Discord – but there’s not been any official statements yet.

Hey folks, as noted I have stepped down from the Fallout projects (both Wasteland Warfare and Factions) for the forseeable future as my workload did indeed get a bit overwhelming and I felt it was time for some new blood to take the games to the next stage.

ModCon 2023 will be on the 23rd September and that’s when we are going to show off the full Wave 9 (Nuka World) minis. Obviously due to the slight delay a couple of the sets have been scooped and appeared online, such is the wonder of having three plus month lead time on solicitation.

I don’t want to give too much away about what’s coming next (partly as I am not in those meetings any more) but Samantha and Ben are working hard with the next steps and we are cracking on with wave 10 , 11 and 12 in the meanwhile, all of which are sculpted and plenty of which are painted too!

I’d planned on revealing my goodbye at ModCon but I’ve mentioned it a few places and I guess folks are right to have noticed I’ve gone a bit quiet, so I guess now you all know why.

Still with Mod, just taking a back seat to rearm and recharge while I wait for the next big project to come my way.

Its been fun for sure, very excited to see what happens next for the Fallout line.

Cheers.

6 Likes