A few questions

Me and my friends just got into this system and spent the first session making characters with me as the DM. I have the rules down pretty good but I could use the help of some seasoned players/game creators and figured the forums is the place to start. I have 3 questions

1: If you have a talent that let’s you use one skill in place of another (for example Accent let’s you use linguistics in place of persuade) does the expertise and focus in the alternate skill count for buying talents and other misc bonuses or do need the expertise and focus in the original skill?

2: Do the nercomancer talents in the book of skelos benefit from the xp reduction for having focus ranks in sorcery?

3: In nameless cults in sets religion there are abilitys that they can get in a sidebar, can only the preist and the archtypes in take book use or can any follower of set do so, and as a last note the snake summoning ability does not list an action I’m assuming it’s a standard action but I’m not sure?

Thank you and any help is appreciated !

My take on the first two questions, as I haven’t purchased and processed the Nameless Cults yet

No, you simply replace the skill with another and its Expertise and Focus for the check.

2: Do the nercomancer talents in the book of skelos benefit from the xp reduction for having focus ranks in sorcery?

The extra talents outside the core rulebook, unless placed in respective talent tree for you to estimate the XP cost based on the tier, have fixed price. They should also be aligned with respective skill. The XP cost for such out-of-the-tree talents should be reduced accordingly :slight_smile:

1: If you have a talent that let’s you use one skill in place of another (for example Accent lets you use linguistics in place of persuade) does the expertise and focus in the alternate skill count for buying talents and other misc bonuses or do need the expertise and focus in the original skill?

NO

YES

3: In nameless cults in sets religion there are abilitys that they can get in a sidebar, can only the preist and the archtypes in take book use or can any follower of set do so, and as a last note the snake summoning ability does not list an action I’m assuming it’s a standard action but I’m not sure?

YES-ish A priest of any sort is fine and if a PC (especially a sorcerer) has been devout prior to learning of this ability I’d probably allow it as an RP award.

By Priest do you mean to include anyone that has the Priest talent (only available though the Priesthood caste), even if their archetype is something far removed from Priest/Priestess?

I ment the archtype, and the archtypes in the nameless cults book.

And thank you to all that have answered !