Modiphius.com  |  Modiphius Shop

Where is the Galactic Map?

Is there a galactic map anywhere in this book? I picked up the Gamemaster Bundle standard edition and haven’t found a map in the core book. Having a hard time deciding which to run first, Dune or Fallout? Both are amazing books.

I’m afraid there’s no definitive map of the Known Universe (or at least we don’t have one).
I’d like one but its very spread out over a vast amount of planets.
Trickier, but more useful, would be a map of common Guild Heighliner routes.
It’s on my list to see if we can get something similar sometime.
But given travel times are an instant no matter where you go its not as useful as it might otherwise be.

I’d say run Dune first, but I am a little biased :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. I’m a little disappointed but no big deal, I can make up my own map. I am planning to run my game in the era shortly after the Buttlarian Jihad when the Spacer’s Guild didn’t have a complete monopoly on space travel…when other companies, slavers, smugglers, and houses used their own ships to travel. This of course took much longer than a guild ship and was far more dangerous, but is also more interesting to me. Particularly the idea that the Guild considered themselves the primary owners of Arakis and anyone trying to harvest their own spice needed non-guild transport.

A part of me really wants to run this sooner rather than later but I think some additional products could really be helpful to kicking of a successful campaign. I’m particularly interested in what migh follow as far as era books and especially a more complete House creation book that is alluded to in the corebook. Really love the adaptations made to the 2d20 system for this setting.

Over on the discord channel Keith posted the below link where there had been an attempt to create various maps of the Imperium.

They aren’t the prettiest, but there is solid reasoning behind them.

1 Like

If you are happy with Dune Encyclopedia derivative content then the article discussed here The Stars and Planets of Frank Herbert's Dune: A Gazetteer | Dune Wiki | Fandom. …was shared by the author back when I was making my own D20 version of DUNE.
[EDITED - Link to much more useful editable version]
Dropbox - The Stars and Planets of Frank Herbert.doc - Simplify your life

Actually another thing I found missing, and given the starting focus of the game, is a map of Arrakis included in the corebook.

Was there any specific reason why it wasn’t included, @Andy-Modiphius ?

The GM screen has a map of the Northern region of Arrakis.
Andy has said that the screen will be available as a pdf so you would be able to use that as the map.

1 Like