Vestiges Resurgent 3

This was written in Facebook but no one answered, maybe you know something:
I have read Vestiges 3 and I would like to begin this last scenario knowing some of the rules there, not as I did with the 1&2!

The scenario says Enclave could put up 2 turrets in the blank markers as the map suggests, but I don’t see any blank marks.

Also, the winning conditions are stated by cap costs, but the cap costs written in the forces are not updated (and the total caps in Locals is wrong!), Dog 90, Missile launcher 41… Should I use this cap costs for the winning conditions or the real one? Should I use only the model’s cost or do you count them with their equipment?

In any case, Jon Webb said all the official scenarios would be with V2 dogs, so this dog should be at 80 caps, right? 90 is for the old version…

I suppose that hanger doors, you put the green rulers as the map suggests, and when you close them, you slide the green ruler from the impassable zone to the exit zone, right?

Thanks!

1 Like

Bump

I’ve only just got to this and have the same question re the turrets - anyone?

I’m going to move this to the new rules area, hopefully the devs will be able to answer their intent ASAP.

Thanks.

1 Like

You’re correct about how the hangar doors work (slide the rules into the middle when closed).

As far as caps costs, I use the current costs when determining cap-based victory conditions in any scenario. The Devs might have a different answer, but it makes sense to me to use the updated values.

Turret placement seems to have been missed on the map, so I’m no help there.

yeah, the problem is the suggested forces are different from the last costs, so if I use the suggedted forces, I should use other costs.

I would like to know how the turrets work in the game, not the problem here about location, I would like to know how do you equip and deploy them? distance? actions? requirements? friendly? they appear as equipment but no rules about that

Turrets are a bit tricky.

If my memory serves, they count as an item and are deployed in base-to-base contact with the unit. They take an action to deploy, and will target ANY MODEL within their awareness range including friendly models (unless you take the Turret Inhibitors).

And don’t you need to roll anything? Like an expertise test… Is the action you need an expertise one? (just for reaction distance and engagement rules). If you carry one on your multiple-model unit, could it be deployed by any model?

Regarding points costs, its one of those things where, because we use a living model, points do change and we don’t go backwards and retweak all that has gone before.

Honestly, F:WW is a pretty permissive game, so its probably easier to either run with the models as presented with some imbalance, or if its really egregious in terms of balance, make some tweaks.

Outside of Battle Mode, going in with a mindset of win at all costs, or major points wrangling might not serve you well.

If the points are really out of line, then drop a model, or a few upgrades to bring it back down to something more suitable.

The turrets will need to be answered by the devs for sure (sorry, I didn’t work on this scenario pack).

2 Likes

Hey. Coming in with an official response on these matters, tagging @DK-dark and @maxam ;

• Bullet point 5 which proceeds the instruction to place the turrets, tells the player to place down 6x non-blank, non-lettered Searchables onto the board. These would be the markers referenced in bullet point 6. We generally don’t put Searchable Markers on the maps for missions where Searchables are placed in a large broad area, over a particular spot.
  • Regarding the cap costs for the Suggested Forces. We won’t be updating forces on older scenarios following an errata but as Jon suggested, F:WW is a game where the social contract of games carries a solid bit of weight - if the players want to make adjustments to these Suggested Forces to take into account updated caps costs, they are free to do so.
  • Count the total cost of the model (model, plus gear and perks etc) for the Victory Conditions for this scenario.
  • You’ve got the Hangar Doors spot on. When closing the doors, they slide across from the impassable zone to cover the exit zone. When opening the doors, they will slide across from the exit zone to the impassable zone. No model may move through these doors, regardless of which zone the doors are in.
  • I’m unsure about the turrets themselves. I’ll ask a Dev and get back to you guys on that one.
1 Like

1: So it is just an errata, because it says “place up to 2 turrets on the blank markers as the map suggests”, should it be “place up to 2 turrets on the searchable markers as the map suggests”???
2: This was said because Dog was being used with old points but new stats, so we did not know if it was intended being played like that or with its matching stats&points.

Thanks for the answers, I will wait for the turret rules, I think they need to be clarified and added at some point in the FAQS pdf

1 Like

That’s right regarding the turret placement. I didn’t notice until this morning that there are no blank markers contained within the Searchables (put that down to a full day of answering rules queries haha!), so I’ll get your suggested wording to the Devs.

Regarding placement of Turrets during scenario setup, change point 6 to:

1. Place up to 2 Mk III Turrets within GREEN DISTANCE of the Enclave Deployment Zone not within the Impassable Area of the Battlefield.

In regards to rules on how to use Turrets, these are all detailed on Page 51 of the F:WW Rules of Play booklet. When using these rules during this scenario, the Turrets will not react to Triggers caused by the Enclave (defending) force.

1 Like