Vault-Tec Experimentation!

Vault-Tec experiments!

For those of you running your own homebrew settings, what kinds of experiments was/are Vault-Tec running in your vaults?

I have four different vaults in the region I’ve set my game, but I haven’t really decided what was/is going in all of them. I’m pretty sure I’ll have one be a control vault or “good” vault, as Barb put it, in the show.

So share your ideas! Let’s do some experimentation!

I made up a Vault experiment in which the food production systems were meant to fail after a decade, but the vault would have an advanced system of cloning like Vault 108, able to produce large quantities of useless clones with no real cognitive function. This was Vault Techs idea of a long term test on the effects of clone based cannibalism, sort of a soylent green scenario.

1 Like

I have a Vault in my setting where the overseer is a RoboBrain, who constantly runs RPGs for the inhabitants. The RPGs are meant to emulate the classic “Hero’s Journey”. The hope was that years of gaming in all sorts of hypothetical situations would better prepare the dwellers for Reclamation Day.

The catch is that the Vault Dwellers have been conditioned to see themselves as the heroes of the story. The problem comes in when the NPCS don’t see the dwellers as anything special. Just a bunch of fortunate, pretentious, jerks that had luxury and safety while the world burned.

I know this is pretty basic, but I think it has the potential to get really meta, really fast!