Stun timing... during breakaway from Melee

Playing against the AI and the unit was instructed to break engagement to take a ranged attack chance.

So the unit is committed to the move, but my guy gets a free quick attack. He does and voila, gets a “STUN” result.

I interpreted the outcome as this:

AI unit committed its action to the move – that action was spent. However since after the attack he could no longer move (stunned), it basically cancelled that first action from completing. His second action, he “moved” to remove the stun status and basically remained engaged.

Seem right?

I suppose the other option is that I hit him, he staggered away to where he was going in a “stunned” state, and then his second action was to remove the stun. Same result except no more engagement (which would have been better for me – more people could have shot him :slight_smile: ). Seems that violates the effect of “stun” in that you cannot move while stunned.

Thoughts? Some FAQ I missed somewhere?

EDIT: Found this on another site from the designer “Hi. The withdrawing model has committed to moving but the attacj occurs before they actually perform the move. So, the withdrawing model would be stunned before they get to move, then the withdrawing model can then perform their move action but all it will do is remove the stun and they will not move as a result. The end result would tbe the withdrawing model would not have moved but would have removed the stun.”

So I guess cancelling their move was the wrong action and the first move was correctly removing the stun. Which gives him another move (and thus another chance at a quick attack!)

1 Like

It is right, it gets stunned and it remains engaged, so it needs to use that move action to take out the stun token, and then it could use the 2nd action to move again, and maybe it needs to spend again the 2nd action to remove the token :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Was still able to play his turn correctly. Second breakaway worked without a hit. But at least he couldn’t shoot that turn.