Starbases - Mission Profiles?

Deep Space 9 (Terok-Nor, Cardassian Nor-Type Station) is listed to be Scale 12.

That was chosen because of the way Scale 12 interacts with the docking rules I wrote - you can dock Scale 6 ships on the pylons.

Thanks, I wasn’t aware of that. Coincidentally, I thought about a talent for drydock or shipyard stations that would modify the scale when it comes to docking etc. keeping a lower scale when it comes to support crew etc. to represent a relatively small station in terms of personnel being very large in terms of architecture.

Should this be abandoned and simply moved to a trait?

Further to this @Modiphius-Nathan, none of the starbases have Tractor Beams. I assume this is an oversight. If so, what strength should they be?

There is a talent for that purpose, in the Starbases section of the Command book. DS9 has that talent. But the station is also huge.

As with ships, my rule of thumb for Tractor Beam strength is Scale -1, maximum 5.

1 Like

Thanks Nathan. That’s what I assumed, thought I’d clarify whilst it was kind of on topic.

The reason I went with scale 8 for the Nor class Cardassian station in my estimated work-up was because I added the Docking Capacity Talent to the frame. That talent (from the command book) increases docking capacity by 1.5 times it’s scale, and increases the available ship size by 2. That would put a scale 8 station with docking capacity for 12 ships of scale 6 max. That would make it fairly close to what was portrayed within the series for DS9. The smallest scale a Nor class could be would be 8 with the Docking Capacity talent.

Unless they put stats for DS9 in the DS9 crew supplement, I haven’t seen any official stats for DS9.

Stats for the station are, in fact, in the DS9 character pack, along with stats for the Defiant.

That is true for DS9 in particular and the source where I got my information on DS9’s Scale 12 from.

But as I understand this thread, the posters are trying to build starbase frames. Thus, the stats of DS9 do help to get estimates of the Nor-Station-Class. But the DS9 stats hold not true for all of the Nor-Class-Stations, because they (may) have different mission profiles built in.

I was not aware of DS9’s stats being in there. That is useful information. However, the Defiant’s stats are less of a ‘I need to know them’ in my opinion… I mean, they do have the Defiant class stats in the books. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, unless someone posts the stats for DS9 here, then I can’t really do much as far as that goes. I was going to go scale 10 max for DS9, but went scale 8 instead in my estimation. Since the stats are available out there, maybe we should leave the Nor Class off for now, and bump the Kelvas Repair up to scale 14.

Well, I, personally, would deem that very impolite towards Modiphius. I mean, basically they’re trying to actually sell that buch of numbers. So, I wouldn’t post them here in bulk.

So it should probably left out for the moment. Just my two cents.

1 Like

Instead of the Nor, what about using S’harien Station (https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/S’harien_Station) as the basis for a Romulan version?

Or, there’s also Algeron (which looks to be TOS Movie era…): https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/Romulan_Space_Station_Algeron

1 Like

That’s why I suggested to drop the Nor class from our list. :stuck_out_tongue:

The S’harien Station is a Star Trek Online creation, well past the TNG era, so I wouldn’t really add that to it, however, we could take the stats I have for the Nor on the page I put together, drop the system stats by one, and increase the scale to 10 for an Algeron Romulan Station.

I thought so. I was basically trying to support your point there. Sorry, if I was unclear, there. No offense intended.

No offense taken, and I knew what you meant, I was just being a little bit of a smart-aleck. It’s a problem I have on occasion. The medication isn’t working for it, unfortunately. :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s medication for that? :smiley:

Yup. It’s called Boottothearseium. You can get it in pill form! It works wonders, most of the time…:crazy_face::sunglasses:

1 Like

I think I’ve had that before, but in a suppository.

1 Like

I updated a document I’ve been working on for this which combines SSiron’s sheet with the Duty Profiles as well as the Traits and Talents from Continuing Missions pages.

There’s some placeholder info at the moment, but the stats and such should be there for all the discussed starbases. :slight_smile:

Let me know what think?

(The link displays best in Chrome, and when we get things more along I’ll convert it to a PDF… )

2 Likes