Some assembly required

I’m new to miniatures assembly. Please help as my fingers are covered in gorilla glue and the arms aren’t going onto my minis.
Garrett

1 Like

Before you break out the glue test fit the part. Figuring out how something seats right prior to soaking your fingers in glue is the way to go. You don’t need a lot of superglue to stick parts; Less is more, especially with resin parts. Get your fingers cleaned off and don’t sweat it; We’ve all been there :smiley: . If you have any specific questions I’m sure lots of people would be happy to help.

Did you wash the pieces first. Wash in warm water with dish soap, preferably Dawn, rinse well to get all the soap off and dry thoroughly. I usually do this the day befor I assemble and let dry overnight.

With gorilla super glue, apply a little to one part, let set approximately a minute then mash together hard.

1 Like

As much blue sticks my fingers to the arms so when I pull my fingers away i dip the arm back off
Garrett

sounds like you’re using too much superglue. just a very tiny bit should do it.

I’m a total Klingon when it comes to fine mechanics like this. I bought some superglue that has a thin needle-like applicator attached. One drop was more than enough to attach an arm.
Of course I even broke one of the miniatures, but even this was fixed easily.

I broke two arms assembling the first. 6 minis. A fresh container of gorilla glue is making the difference. Now I am trying to Prime using reaper hd white primer but cannot get smooth application. Should I be using something else?
Garrett

Did you wash your miniatures? If not, you should.

No, I didn’t. I guess I will going forward.
Garrett

I would suggest Dawn dish soap and warm water.

Thanks for the advice about the glue. I have been struggling to assemble the mini’s. Wish I would’ve thought of this myself.

If someone hasn’t already told you, get some “Zip kicker”. It is an accelerating agent for curing superglue. I use thick, or gap filling and hit it with a spray of the zip kicker. It binds very quickly thereafter. One caution - do not have superglue on your fingers and spray it - the resulting reaction produces a fair amount of heat. So you have been warned.

Thanks for the advice about the zip kicker.
Garrett

1 Like