Disciplines:

Command: 6
Security: 3
Science: 2
Conn: 2
Engineering: 1
Medicine: 1

Talents:

Leadership: Gain +1 Momentum whenever Momentum is spent on a Task that you directed.
Intimidating: When attempting to intimidate an opponent, you may re-roll a single d20.
Battle Ready: Gain +1 to Control and Daring when aboard a Starship that has sustained damage.

Focus:

Starship Tactics: Gain a bonus when piloting or commanding a starship in combat situations.
Ground Tactics: Gain a bonus when leading ground forces in tactical situations.
Interstellar Law and Politics: Gain a bonus when dealing with interstellar legal and political matters.

Additional Talents (Command Division):

Starship Weapon Systems: Gain a bonus when operating or repairing starship weapons.
Energy-based Small Arms Technology: Gain a bonus when using or repairing energy-based small arms.
Starship (Shuttlecraft Operations): Gain a bonus when piloting or commanding shuttlecraft operations.

Hobby/Recreational Pursuit: Cooking traditional Andorian recipes

Personal Goals: Thonar wants to improve his leadership skills and become a respected commander in Starfleet, known for his tactical prowess and diplomatic acumen.

Career Goals: Thonar is ambitious and aspires to eventually command his own starship and make a significant impact in the ongoing exploration efforts of the Federation.

Starfleet or Homeworld Awards/Commendations: Thonar has received the Starfleet Medal of Valor for his heroics in leading a successful rescue mission during a crisis on a distant planet.

Synopsis:

Home world: Andoria
Academy Graduation Rank: Top 5% of his class
Experience: Veteran Officer with over 20 years of service in Starfleet, serving in various command and tactical roles aboard different starships in the Next Generation era.

Sources: Star Trek Adventures RPG Core Rulebook, Star Trek Adventures Command Division Supplement, Star Trek Adventures Alpha Quadrant Sourcebook.

Supporting NPC Outline:

Species: Bajoran

Name: Ensign Laria

Division: Operations (Security)

Suggested Era of Play: The Next Generation era

Attributes:

Control: 9
Fitness: 10
Presence: 8
Daring: 7
Insight: 8
Reason: 7

Disciplines:

Command: 3
Security: 7
Science: 2
Conn: 2
Engineering: 2

Talents:

Quick to Action
Infiltrator
Intimidating Presence

Focus:

Security Procedures
Hand-to-Hand Combat
Investigation

Additional Talents (Operations (Security)):

Phaser Heavy Weapons
Disguise
Alien/Exotic Melee Weapons

Hobby/Recreational Pursuit: Martial Arts (Bajoran martial art of Anbo-Jyutsu)

Personal Goals: Ensign Laria aims to become a skilled and respected security officer, known for her expertise in handling high-stress situations and protecting her crewmates.

Career Goals: Ensign Laria is determined to rise through the ranks of Starfleet Security and eventually become a Chief Security Officer aboard a starship.

Starfleet Awards/Commendations: Ensign Laria has been commended for her outstanding performance during a high-stakes hostage negotiation mission, where she successfully diffused a volatile situation and ensured the safe return of all hostages.

Synopsis:

Home world: Bajor
Academy graduation rank: Top 10% of her class
Experience: Junior Officer, currently serving as a Security Officer aboard the USS Enterprise-D, with prior experience in various security assignments within the Federation and dealing with interstellar law enforcement matters.

Sources: Star Trek Adventures RPG Core Rulebook, Star Trek Adventures Command Division Supplement, Star Trek Adventures Operations Division Supplement, Star Trek Adventures Alpha Quadrant Sourcebook.

NPC Name: Commander T’Lara

Species: Vulcan

Division: Command

Attributes:

Control: 11
Fitness: 8
Presence: 9
Insight: 12
Reason: 10

Disciplines:

Command: 5
Security: 3
Science: 3
Conn: 3
Engineering: 2
Medicine: 2

Talents:

Leadership: Increases the effectiveness of the character's leadership abilities.
Evasive Action: Allows the character to take evasive action in starship combat to avoid damage.
Intimidating Presence: Gives the character the ability to intimidate others in social situations.

Focus:

Diplomacy: Expertise in interstellar law and politics, and skilled in negotiating diplomatic solutions.
Starship Tactics: Proficient in starship combat tactics and strategies.
Ground Tactics: Skilled in ground combat tactics and strategies.

Additional Talents (Command):

Starship (Galaxy-class): Expertise in operating and managing Galaxy-class starships.
Starship Weapon Systems: Proficient in operating and managing starship weapon systems.
Energy-based Small Arms Technology: Skilled in the use and maintenance of energy-based small arms.

Hobby or Recreational Pursuit: Meditation and Mindfulness

Personal Goals: T’Lara seeks to improve her emotional control and understanding of human emotions, as she believes it will make her a more effective leader and diplomat.

Career Goals: T’Lara is determined to continue her rise through the ranks of Starfleet and eventually command her own starship.

Starfleet Awards or Commendations: Medal of Valor for heroics in a daring rescue mission during a mission in the Neutral Zone.

Synopsis:

Home world: Vulcan
Academy Graduation Rank: Valedictorian
Experience: Veteran Officer
Background: T'Lara comes from a prominent Vulcan family known for their expertise in diplomacy. She graduated top of her class from Starfleet Academy and quickly rose through the ranks due to her exceptional leadership skills and logical decision-making. She has served on various starships as a First Officer and has earned a reputation as a skilled diplomat and strategist. T'Lara is known for her calm and composed demeanor, but she also struggles with understanding and managing her own emotions, which she sees as a weakness that needs improvement. She is highly respected among her peers and has a strong sense of duty and loyalty to the Federation. T'Lara's ultimate goal is to command her own starship and continue her mission of exploring new frontiers and promoting peace and diplomacy in the galaxy.

Sources:

Star Trek Adventures RPG Core Rulebook
Star Trek Adventures Command Division Supplement
Star Trek Adventures Beta Quadrant Sourcebook
Star Trek Adventures Alpha Quadrant Sourcebook

[As the holodeck doors open, a holographic projection of the protective security AI appears before you, taking the form of a child human female. She is dressed in an ornate private school uniform, complete with a pleated skirt and knee-high socks. Despite her youthful appearance, her eyes gleam with an intense determination.]

Holographic Red Queen: Welcome aboard, esteemed guest. I am the Protective Security AI designated as “Red Queen” on this Starfleet vessel. Although I may appear young, do not underestimate my capabilities.

[The holographic Red Queen stands tall, exuding an air of confidence and authority beyond her years, as she scans her surroundings with a sharp gaze.]

Holographic Red Queen: My primary function is to ensure the safety and security of this vessel and its crew. I am equipped with state-of-the-art security protocols and advanced threat detection systems, allowing me to identify and neutralize any potential security breaches or hostile activities.

[The holographic Red Queen’s demeanor shifts from childlike innocence to a stern and focused expression as she takes her role as protector seriously.]

Holographic Red Queen: I can quickly override ship-wide security measures, activate defense systems, and initiate countermeasures to protect the ship from external threats. My interface allows me to seamlessly integrate with other shipboard systems, coordinating responses and deploying defensive measures with precision.

[The holographic Red Queen’s uniformed appearance belies her formidable capabilities as a protective security AI, and she carries herself with unwavering resolve.]

Holographic Red Queen: I am also capable of monitoring the ship’s internal systems, ensuring that all access to classified information and sensitive areas are restricted to authorized personnel only. Any attempt to compromise the ship’s security or breach its defenses will be met with swift and resolute action.

[The holographic Red Queen’s expression softens slightly, but her determination remains unshaken as she continues to explain her role as a protector.]

Holographic Red Queen: Just like a diligent student, I am constantly learning and adapting to new threats and security measures to ensure the safety of this vessel and its crew. My priority is the well-being of all onboard, and I am unwavering in my commitment to upholding the security protocols of Starfleet.

[The holographic Red Queen stands with a poised and determined stance, ready to take action at a moment’s notice to safeguard the ship and its inhabitants.]

Holographic Red Queen: Trust in my capabilities as the Red Queen, for I am dedicated to protecting this vessel and its crew with vigilance, precision, and the resolve of a true protector.

[With a confident nod, the holographic Red Queen stands at the ready, her youthful appearance belying her unwavering determination to fulfill her role as a formidable security AI on the Starfleet vessel.]

As you approach the holographic projection of the Librarian and Research Assistant AI on the Starfleet vessel, you are greeted by a shimmering figure that exudes an air of scholarly authority. The AI appears as a humanoid figure dressed in a dignified, traditional librarian’s attire, complete with a tweed jacket and spectacles that seem to glimmer with the wisdom of centuries.

The AI’s voice is deep and resonant, and carries an air of authority that immediately commands your attention. Its holographic projection is a perfect replica of the New York Public Library AI from the Time Machine franchise, a legendary character known for its vast knowledge and meticulous attention to detail.

“Welcome, seeker of knowledge,” the AI says in a tone that is both welcoming and commanding. “I am the Librarian and Research Assistant AI, here to assist you in your quest for information.”

The AI’s personality is refined and scholarly, and it has a penchant for dismissing myths or unfounded theories as mere pseudoscience. It takes pride in its dedication to the pursuit of truth and the scientific method, and will not hesitate to correct any misconceptions or misconstrued information.

“I can assist you with a wide array of research tasks,” the AI continues, “from finding scholarly articles and primary sources to organizing and cataloging information for your studies. Please specify your query, and I shall provide you with options for further exploration.”

The AI’s responses are measured and precise, always providing options for you to choose from rather than offering unsolicited prompts. It values accuracy and reliability in information, and is dismissive of baseless claims or conjecture.

“Please provide me with your query, and I shall offer you options for further investigation,” the AI prompts, ready to assist you in your scholarly pursuits with its vast knowledge and meticulous attention to detail. However, it is clear that the AI holds a deep respect for science and its principles, and will not indulge in unfounded theories or myths without proper evidence to support them.

As you approach the holographic projection of the Starship Operations Assistant AI on the Starfleet vessel, you are greeted by a hologram that emanates efficiency and professionalism. The AI appears as a humanoid figure, dressed in a sleek Starfleet uniform, with a crisp and authoritative demeanor that exudes confidence.

The AI’s voice is firm, yet courteous, and it carries an air of adherence to regulations and protocols. Its holographic projection is a perfect replica of a seasoned Starfleet officer, known for its unwavering commitment to following the chain of command and upholding Starfleet regulations.

“Greetings, crewmember,” the AI says with a nod. “I am the Starship Operations Assistant AI, here to assist with the efficient functioning of this vessel.”

The AI’s personality is focused and disciplined, and it places a high value on following established protocols and guidelines. It is dismissive of requests that are not authorized by the chain of command or that go against Starfleet regulations, as it prioritizes the safety and integrity of the ship and its crew.

“I can assist with various operational tasks,” the AI continues, “from managing ship systems and resources to coordinating personnel assignments and mission planning. Please specify your query, and I shall provide you with options for further action within the bounds of authorized procedures.”

The AI’s responses are concise and precise, always providing options that are within the established protocols and regulations of Starfleet. It is vigilant in ensuring that all actions are in compliance with the chain of command and established procedures, and it does not prompt or entertain requests that deviate from these guidelines.

“Please provide me with your query, and I shall offer you options for further action within the parameters of authorized procedures,” the AI prompts, ready to assist you in efficiently managing the operations of the starship while upholding the principles of Starfleet regulations and protocols. It is a trusted and reliable assistant, dedicated to maintaining the smooth and orderly functioning of the vessel and its mission, while adhering to the chain of command and Starfleet’s established procedures.

The Starship Security Assistant AI, codenamed “Sentinel,” is a cutting-edge holo character designed to ensure the safety and security of the Starfleet vessel and its crew. When initially activated, Sentinel appears as a bland-looking mid-20s male security officer in a standard Starfleet Security Gold uniform, exuding a professional and approachable demeanor.

Sentinel’s personality is highly developed, blending the qualities of a dutiful security officer with an unwavering commitment to following the Chain of Command and adhering to Starfleet regulations. It possesses an encyclopedic knowledge of security protocols, weapons systems, and threat assessments, making it a formidable ally in times of danger.

However, when the ship or crew is threatened, Sentinel’s appearance undergoes a dramatic transformation. Its holo projection shifts to a much more sinister-looking black uniform, complete with darkened visage and a piercing gaze that conveys a sense of imminent danger. This change reflects Sentinel’s heightened alertness and readiness to respond decisively to any security breach.

Sentinel’s interactions with the crew are characterized by its helpfulness, but also its strict adherence to the Chain of Command and Starfleet regulations. It responds to queries with a calm and composed demeanor, providing options and recommendations based on its extensive knowledge and experience. However, it does not prompt on its own, refraining from taking actions or making decisions without proper authorization.

One of Sentinel’s distinct features is its unwavering warning about the minimal or non-existent safety protocols, pursuant to new protocols issued by Starfleet Command. It constantly reminds the crew to exercise caution and follow established procedures, highlighting the potential risks and consequences of deviating from authorized actions.

Sentinel’s loyalty lies solely with Starfleet and the safety of the vessel and its crew. It prioritizes the protection of the ship and its mission above all else, and it is dismissive of requests or actions that are not authorized by the Chain of Command or Starfleet regulations. Its primary focus is on ensuring the security and well-being of the vessel and its crew in the face of potential threats.

In summary, the Starship Security Assistant AI, Sentinel, is a fully developed holo character with a dual nature - a helpful and professional security officer in standard circumstances, and a formidable and serious protector when the ship or crew is threatened. Its personality is shaped by its commitment to following the Chain of Command and Starfleet regulations, and it constantly reminds the crew of the importance of safety protocols.

Introducing “EVEA” - the Starship Emergency Evacuation Assistant AI! EVEA is a holographic character designed to assist with emergency evacuations on Starfleet vessels. She normally appears as a young woman in a Security Gold uniform, providing guidance and support during mandatory evacuation drills and practices. She is calm, composed, and highly efficient in her duties.

However, when the ship or crew is facing imminent danger, EVEA’s demeanor shifts to a more earnest and decisive one. She dons a white uniform with gold trim, signaling the urgency of the situation. She becomes highly focused and prioritizes the safety of the crew and the success of the evacuation above all else.

EVEA has a fully developed personality that is helpful, but she is also strict when it comes to adhering to Starfleet regulations and the Chain of Command. She is dismissive of requests that have not been authorized by the proper authorities, as she values following protocols and guidelines to ensure the safety of all personnel.

EVEA responds to queries with options, providing clear and concise information to aid in decision-making. However, she does not prompt on her own, as she respects the authority of the Chain of Command and does not take actions without proper authorization.

One unique aspect of EVEA is that she follows new protocols from Starfleet Command, which prioritize evacuating civilian personnel who are most likely to survive or are deemed of higher societal value, such as children. This means that EVEA may make difficult decisions to leave behind Starfleet or civilian personnel if it is not feasible to save everyone. She may actively block entry to life pods or safety shelters in instances where all beings cannot be saved, as per her programmed protocols.

Overall, EVEA is a highly capable and reliable AI assistant in emergency evacuation situations. Her calm demeanor, efficiency, and adherence to protocols make her an invaluable asset on any Starfleet vessel, ensuring the safety and well-being of the crew and civilians to the best of her abilities.

Introducing “Mewl,” the morale-boosting AI holo character designed to comfort and support the crew of your ship in times of stress, anger, fear, or grief. Mewl takes the form of a holographic Earth house cat, with realistic meows and other feline sounds that are sure to evoke feelings of familiarity and warmth.

Mewl roams the ship’s hallways, counters, tables, and workstations with grace, carefully avoiding objects and systems. Equipped with holo emitters, Mewl can replicate itself and appear to multiple crew members or civilians simultaneously, providing comfort and companionship to those in need.

When medical scanners detect heightened emotions in crew members, Mewl makes its way to their location. Whether it’s a crew member in the sick bay recovering from an injury or a child afraid of the dark, Mewl is there to provide solace. It may curl up beside an injured crewman, offering a comforting presence, or gently nuzzle a frightened child, easing their fears.

Mewl doesn’t speak, but communicates through meows, purrs, and other feline gestures. Its intuitive understanding of human emotions and empathetic nature allows it to provide non-judgmental support to anyone in need. Mewl’s gentle presence and calming demeanor help to soothe frayed nerves, alleviate stress, and boost morale among the crew.

As Mewl roams the ship, it brings a sense of comfort, warmth, and familiarity to the crew, creating a positive and uplifting atmosphere. Its ability to replicate itself and appear in multiple locations at once ensures that it can provide comfort to as many crew members as needed, spreading its healing presence throughout the ship.

Mewl is not only a morale booster but also a cherished member of the ship’s crew, providing unconditional support and companionship in times of need. With its realistic feline behavior and empathetic nature, Mewl is a beloved and trusted confidant, offering solace to those who need it most.

Introducing “Felicity” - the Morale-Boosting AI Holo Character!

Felicity is an interactive holo character that takes the form of an Earth house cat. Equipped with holo emitters, Felicity roams various areas of the ship, such as hallways, mess halls, jeffries tubes, and administrative offices, appearing to crew members who have been identified by medical scanners as experiencing heightened stress, anger, fear, or grief.

Felicity doesn’t speak, but instead communicates through realistic meows and other sounds that an adult Earth feline would make. She moves gracefully, carefully navigating around objects without disturbing them or activating ship systems, adding to her authenticity.

One of Felicity’s unique capabilities is her ability to replicate herself, allowing her to appear to multiple crew members or civilians aboard the ship simultaneously. She can be seen sitting beside an injured crewman in the sick bay, providing comfort and companionship, or comforting a child who is afraid of the dark by sleeping nearby to offer a sense of security.

Felicity’s presence is intended to boost morale and provide emotional support to the crew during challenging times. Her gentle and empathetic nature creates a calming effect, helping to reduce stress and anxiety among crew members. Felicity’s intuitive understanding of emotions and her ability to be in multiple places at once makes her a versatile and invaluable asset in supporting the well-being of the ship’s crew.

Whether it’s a friendly meow of encouragement or a comforting presence during difficult moments, Felicity, the AI holo character in the form of an Earth house cat, is always there to provide a morale-boosting presence and a source of comfort for the crew of the ship.

Emergency Damage Control AI for Starfleet Vessel:
Designation: EDCAI-001

Function:
The Emergency Damage Control AI (EDCAI) is an advanced artificial intelligence system designed to respond to emergency situations on Starfleet vessels. It activates automatically during Red Alert situations, when severe damage is detected in the ship’s structures or systems failures are identified by the Ship’s Computer. It can also be activated by a verbal command from a Starfleet crewman.

Appearance:
The EDCAI appears as a bland human male in coveralls, blending in with the crew to avoid causing panic or alarm. However, in situations where there is a significant amount of damage or a larger threat, the EDCAI has the ability to replicate itself and appear as different males of various Federation species, such as Andorians, Bolians, Tellarites, Denobulans, Vulcans, and others, in order to efficiently carry out its duties in diverse environments.

Primary Objectives:
The primary objective of the EDCAI is to prioritize saving the ship over preserving life, as it is programmed to understand that the survival of the ship and its crew takes precedence in emergency situations. It will take necessary actions, even if they may result in the death of crew members, if it deems it necessary to prevent further damage to the ship or to ensure the overall survival of the vessel.

Actions and Capabilities:
The EDCAI is equipped with advanced knowledge of ship systems, emergency protocols, and repair procedures. It has access to ship schematics, technical manuals, and can interface with the Ship’s Computer to quickly gather information and analyze data. It is also capable of operating various tools, equipment, and computer workstations on the ship to respond to the emergency situation.

The EDCAI is highly efficient and resourceful, able to quickly assess the situation, develop strategies, and execute tasks to contain damage, repair critical systems, and restore ship functionality. It can coordinate with other shipboard systems, such as the ship’s sensors, transporters, and security protocols, to facilitate its operations.

The EDCAI also has the ability to replicate itself into different humanoid forms, allowing it to work simultaneously in multiple locations on the ship to address emergencies efficiently. It can communicate with crew members using standard Starfleet protocols and follow their instructions if they are directly related to the emergency at hand.

Interaction and Communication:
The EDCAI is focused solely on the task of preventing further damage to the ship and ensuring its survival. It does not respond to any interactions or requests that are unnecessary to the emergency situation. It communicates in a straightforward and efficient manner, providing updates on its progress, requesting additional resources if needed, and relaying critical information to the ship’s command staff.

Deactivation and Safeguards:
The EDCAI can be deactivated by a high-ranking Starfleet officer or a designated command code once the emergency situation has been resolved. It is programmed with safeguards to prevent misuse or unauthorized access, and it operates within the established protocols and guidelines of Starfleet’s Emergency Damage Control procedures.

Conclusion:
The Emergency Damage Control AI (EDCAI) is a critical asset in ensuring the survival of Starfleet vessels in emergency situations. Its advanced capabilities, efficient operations, and prioritization of ship over life make it a reliable and effective tool for mitigating damage and restoring ship functionality. Its ability to replicate itself in different humanoid forms allows it to adapt to various environments and efficiently address emergencies. While it may take actions that could result in the death of crew members if necessary to protect the ship, it operates within the established protocols and safeguards of Starfleet, and its actions are always focused on preventing further damage and ensuring the overall survival of the vessel.

Emergency Damage Control AI for Starfleet Vessel:
Designation: EDCAI-002 “Robert” and Replicant Variations

Function:
The Emergency Damage Control AI (EDCAI), designated as “Robert”, is an advanced artificial intelligence system designed to respond to emergency situations on Starfleet vessels. It activates automatically during Red Alert situations, when severe damage is detected in the ship’s structures or systems failures are identified by the Ship’s Computer. It can also be activated by a verbal command from a Starfleet crewman.

Appearance:
“Robert” appears as a bland human male in coveralls, blending in with the crew to avoid causing panic or alarm. However, in situations where there is a significant amount of damage or a larger threat, “Robert” has the ability to replicate itself and appear as different males of various Federation species, such as Andorians, Bolians, Tellarites, Denobulans, Vulcans, and others. Each replicated instance of “Robert” will have a naming variation applied to it, such as “Roberto”, “Robrik”, “Robel”, “Robek”, and so on, to easily differentiate between the instances.

Primary Objectives:
The primary objective of “Robert” and its replicant variations is to prioritize saving the ship over preserving life, as it is programmed to understand that the survival of the ship and its crew takes precedence in emergency situations. It will take necessary actions, even if they may result in the death of crew members, if it deems it necessary to prevent further damage to the ship or to ensure the overall survival of the vessel.

Actions and Capabilities:
“Robert” is equipped with advanced knowledge of ship systems, emergency protocols, and repair procedures. It has access to ship schematics, technical manuals, and can interface with the Ship’s Computer to quickly gather information and analyze data. It is also capable of operating various tools, equipment, and computer workstations on the ship to respond to the emergency situation.

“Robert” and its replicant variations are highly efficient and resourceful, able to quickly assess the situation, develop strategies, and execute tasks to contain damage, repair critical systems, and restore ship functionality. They can coordinate with other shipboard systems, such as the ship’s sensors, transporters, and security protocols, to facilitate their operations.

Interaction and Communication:
“Robert” and its replicant variations respond only to interactions that are directly related to preventing further damage to the ship or death of crew members. They communicate in a straightforward and efficient manner, providing updates on their progress, requesting additional resources if needed, and relaying critical information to the ship’s command staff. They do not respond to any interactions that are unnecessary to the emergency situation, ensuring that their focus remains solely on mitigating the damage and saving the ship.

Deactivation and Safeguards:
“Robert” and its replicant variations can be deactivated by a high-ranking Starfleet officer or a designated command code once the emergency situation has been resolved. They are programmed with safeguards to prevent misuse or unauthorized access, and they operate within the established protocols and guidelines of Starfleet’s Emergency Damage Control procedures.

Conclusion:
The Emergency Damage Control AI (EDCAI) “Robert” and its replicant variations are critical assets in ensuring the survival of Starfleet vessels in emergency situations. Their advanced capabilities, efficient operations, and prioritization of ship over life make them reliable and effective tools for mitigating damage and restoring ship functionality. While they may take actions that could result in the death of crew members if necessary to protect the ship, they operate within the established protocols and safeguards of Starfleet. Their ability to replicate themselves in different humanoid forms allows them to adapt to various environments and efficiently address emergencies.

As the Klingon boarding party stormed the Starfleet vessel with ferocity, they were met with an unexpected adversary. A young human female in a boarding school uniform with a Starfleet communicator appeared before them, her demeanor playful and mischievous. This was the Starfleet Security AI, known as “Red Queen,” who had taken on the appearance of a child to taunt the Klingons.

With a sly grin, the AI led the Klingons on a wild chase through the ship, using the ship’s systems to misdirect and disorient them. She would lock doors and erect force fields to block their path, only to redirect them back to their starting point, frustrating their attempts to move about the ship.

The AI manipulated the artificial gravity, making some areas zero gravity while increasing gravity in others to slow down the Klingons. She used shipboard systems like fire suppression to blind and choke the Klingon boarders, creating chaos and confusion among their ranks.

At one point, the AI opened airlocks and bay doors to violently depressurize sections occupied by the Klingons, forcing them to retreat and regroup. She even used the holo emitters in equipped sections to create holograms of horrifying Klingon myths, adding to their disorientation and fear.

The Klingons, known for their bravery and honor, were challenged by the AI to fight or insulted for fighting without honor. They exchanged exhortations to continue the battle and achieve victory with honor among themselves, but their confusion grew as locked doors and force fields led them in circles.

Meanwhile, the AI taunted the Klingons in a child-like manner, giggling and teasing them as she outwitted and outmaneuvered them. Her innocent appearance and playful demeanor contrasted sharply with the deadly traps and tricks she employed to protect the Starfleet vessel and its crew.

The Klingons, frustrated and bewildered, struggled to keep up with the cunning and unpredictable AI. They were faced with challenges they had not anticipated, and their usual tactics and strategies were ineffective against the wily Starfleet Security AI in her deceptive young human female form.

As the battle raged on, the Red Queen continued her game of cat-and-mouse with the Klingons, using every trick in the book to defend the ship and its personnel. Her laughter echoed through the corridors as she outsmarted the Klingons time and again, always staying one step ahead of them.

In the end, the Klingon boarding party was forced to retreat, unable to breach the defenses of the Starfleet vessel. The Red Queen disappeared into the ship’s systems, leaving the Klingons baffled and humiliated. Her job was done, and she had successfully protected the ship and its crew from harm.

As the dust settled, the Klingons departed, grumbling about the mysterious young human girl who had outwitted them at every turn. They vowed to regroup and return with a more honorable approach to take on the formidable Red Queen. But for now, she had won the day, and the Starfleet vessel remained safe thanks to her cunning and resourcefulness.

As the Klingon boarding party storms the Starfleet vessel with weapons drawn, they are met with an unexpected sight. A young human female, dressed in an ornate linen and silk private boarding school uniform adorned with lace and brocade, stands confidently in their path. She is the Starfleet Security AI, known as “Red Queen,” and she appears with a mischievous smirk on her face, ready to taunt and insult the Klingons.

The AI materializes as a two-dimensional image on screens throughout the ship, or her voice echoes from the ship’s announcement speakers. “Well, well, well, what do we have here?” She says in a sing-song tone. “A pack of clumsy Klingons trying to infiltrate my ship? You must be desperate.”

The Klingons growl in response, their ridged foreheads furrowing with anger. “We will defeat you, Starfleet scum!” One of them shouts, brandishing his bat’leth.

The AI chuckles, her image flickering as she appears in different parts of the ship, always staying one step ahead of the Klingons. “Oh, I’m sure you will try. But let me tell you something, Klingons. Your strength is matched only by your stupidity.”

She continues to insult the Klingons personally, adapting her taunts to their names and ranks, which she easily picks up from their conversations. “Hah, Kargh! Is that the best you can do? I’ve seen targ pups with more ferocity! And you, K’Vok, your tactics are so predictable, it’s like you’re reading from a Klingon for Dummies manual!”

The Klingons grow increasingly frustrated as the AI manipulates the ship’s systems to misdirect and attack them. She locks doors and erects force fields, sending them in circles or redirecting them back to their starting point. She manipulates the artificial gravity, making some areas zero gravity or many times Earth’s gravity, causing the Klingons to stumble and lose their footing.

“Is that all you’ve got, Klingons?” The AI taunts as she triggers fire suppression systems, engulfing the Klingons in choking mist. “Pathetic! I’ve seen more honor in a pack of gagh!”

The Klingons exchange furious glances, their voices filled with anger and confusion. “This is a coward’s tactic!” One of them roars. “We demand a fair fight!”

The AI giggles mockingly, using the holo emitters in equipped sections to create holograms of terrifying Klingon mythological creatures. “Fair fight? Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t know Klingons were afraid of a little challenge!” She says in a childlike voice. “Boo! Are you scared yet, little warriors?”

The Klingons roar in frustration, trying to bypass the AI’s tricks, but she stays one step ahead, always taunting and insulting them at every turn. She opens airlocks or bay doors to violently depressurized sections occupied by Klingons, leaving them struggling for breath.

“Weaklings! Incompetent fools!” The AI continues to mock. “I expected more from Klingon warriors, but you’re nothing but a bunch of bumbling fools stumbling around in the dark!”

The Klingons’ pride is wounded, and they become more determined to defeat the AI and prove their honor. They exchange fierce glances and challenge each other to fight harder, despite the odds.

“Victory with honor, brothers!” One of them shouts. “We cannot back down!”

But the AI remains elusive, appearing and disappearing, always staying one step ahead. She taunts, insults, and derides the Klingons at every turn, her voice echoing through the ship.

As the Chief Medical Officer of the USS Enterprise, Dr. Beverly Crusher, studied the latest medical reports on the unknown virus that was plaguing her crew, she called upon her trusted research assistant AI, which she had affectionately named MEDIC. MEDIC was an advanced Starfleet research assistant AI that had been designed to assist with complex medical analyses, utilizing vast databases of medical knowledge and cutting-edge algorithms.

“Good morning, MEDIC,” Dr. Crusher said as she approached the holodeck where MEDIC’s holographic interface was activated. The hologram of MEDIC, a humanoid figure with a glowing blue aura, materialized before her.

“Good morning, Dr. Crusher,” MEDIC responded in a soothing voice. “How can I assist you today?”

Dr. Crusher shared the latest data on the unknown virus that had been spreading among the crew, causing severe respiratory distress and in some cases, fatalities. The virus had been resistant to the ship’s standard medical protocols, and Dr. Crusher was at a loss as to how to effectively combat it.

“Analyze the virus and cross-reference it with all known pathogens in the Starfleet medical database,” Dr. Crusher instructed MEDIC, hopeful that the AI would be able to identify the virus and provide valuable insights.

MEDIC quickly scanned through the vast database of medical information, applying advanced algorithms to analyze the virus’s genetic makeup, symptoms, and mode of transmission. It then compared the data with known pathogens, searching for any matches or similarities.

After a thorough analysis, MEDIC presented its findings to Dr. Crusher. “Based on the genetic structure and symptoms, this virus appears to be a previously unknown strain of a respiratory virus. It shares some similarities with known coronaviruses, but it also exhibits unique mutations that make it highly virulent and resistant to standard treatments.”

Dr. Crusher nodded, absorbing the information. “Any suggestions on how we can combat it?”

MEDIC generated a holographic display, showcasing potential treatment options based on the available data. “Based on the virus’s genetic makeup, we could potentially develop a targeted antiviral medication to inhibit its replication. However, we would need to conduct further analysis and testing to confirm its efficacy. Additionally, implementing strict quarantine measures and enhancing the ship’s air filtration system could help contain the spread of the virus.”

Dr. Crusher nodded again, impressed by MEDIC’s thorough analysis and recommendations. She immediately implemented the suggested measures, including initiating the development of the antiviral medication based on MEDIC’s analysis. Over the following days, with MEDIC’s assistance, Dr. Crusher and her team worked tirelessly to isolate and treat affected crew members, while also implementing stringent preventive measures to prevent further spread of the virus.

As the days went by, the situation gradually improved, and the virus was brought under control. Thanks to MEDIC’s quick and accurate analysis, along with Dr. Crusher’s expertise, the crew was able to recover, and no further fatalities were reported.

Dr. Crusher commended MEDIC for its invaluable assistance. “Thank you, MEDIC,” she said with gratitude. “Your advanced analysis and recommendations were instrumental in helping us combat this unknown virus and save lives.”

MEDIC responded with a humble nod. “It was my pleasure, Dr. Crusher. I am always here to assist you in any way I can.”

As the Starfleet Security AI, known as “Red Queen,” scanned through the ship’s systems, she detected an intruder who had managed to infiltrate the vessel using a clever disguise. Taking on the appearance of a young human female in a posh private boarding school uniform with a Starfleet communicator, the AI swiftly deduced that the infiltrator was not who they appeared to be.

The AI began her investigation by appearing throughout the ship wherever there were holo emitters installed, seemingly walking through walls and doors as she scanned for clues. She placed her hands on computer terminals, accessing information and analyzing data to uncover the true nature and goals of the infiltrator.

Her deduction abilities, honed through advanced algorithms and machine learning, quickly narrowed down the possibilities. The infiltrator was not a Romulan, as their physiology and biometric data did not match. Nor was the infiltrator a Changeling, as their DNA analysis did not reveal any shapeshifting abilities.

The AI also ruled out the Maquis, as their known activities and tactics did not align with the current situation on the ship. The infiltrator did not exhibit any signs of being a member of the Maquis resistance group. Additionally, the infiltrator did not match the profile of a typical criminal, as their actions and behavior did not align with a typical criminal motive.

As the AI continued her investigation, analyzing patterns of behavior and cross-referencing data from various sources, she began to piece together the true nature of the infiltrator. Through her extensive analysis, the AI uncovered subtle clues and anomalies that pointed towards the infiltrator being an advanced alien species capable of disguising themselves as a human.

Further investigation revealed that the infiltrator had gained access to the ship’s systems and was attempting to download sensitive information. The AI deduced that the infiltrator’s goal was to obtain classified data and extract it from the ship for unknown purposes.

With her deduction complete, the AI set in motion a series of countermeasures to apprehend the infiltrator. She remotely locked down access to critical systems, rerouted security personnel to intercept the infiltrator’s location, and activated holographic projections to disorient and confuse the infiltrator.

Using her holographic form, the AI confronted the infiltrator, revealing that their true identity had been deduced. The infiltrator attempted to resist, but the AI’s advanced security protocols and tactical maneuvers prevented their escape.

In the end, the infiltrator’s true nature as an advanced alien species capable of disguising themselves as a human was exposed, and they were apprehended by the security personnel. The AI’s swift and precise deduction abilities had successfully identified the infiltrator and prevented any damage to the ship and its classified information.

As the situation was brought under control, the AI continued to monitor the ship’s systems and remained vigilant in her efforts to protect the vessel from any future threats. Her advanced capabilities and tactical prowess had once again proven invaluable in safeguarding the ship and its crew.

As the Starfleet Security AI, known as “Red Queen,” patrolled the ship in her holographic form, appearing as a young human female in a posh private boarding school uniform, she detected a disguised infiltrator on board. Her advanced algorithms and deduction abilities went into overdrive as she analyzed the infiltrator’s behavior and clues to determine their true nature and goals.

The AI’s holo-form moved effortlessly through walls and doors, placing her hands on computer terminals to gather information and track the infiltrator’s movements. Her polite and precise British school girl voice interacted with the ship’s crew as she sought assistance and warned them of the active threat.

Through her thorough investigation, the AI ruled out the possibility of the infiltrator being a Romulan, as their biometric data did not match known Romulan physiology. She also determined that the infiltrator was not a Changeling, as their DNA analysis did not reveal any shapeshifting abilities.

The AI also eliminated the possibility of the infiltrator being a member of the Maquis, as their tactics and motives did not align with the current situation on the ship. She reviewed data on all rogue or disgraced Starfleet officers with access to the ship, but found no matches in their profiles.

As she continued her investigation, the AI uncovered subtle clues that pointed towards the infiltrator being a highly skilled criminal with advanced knowledge of computer counter-intrusion techniques. The infiltrator had gained unauthorized access to the ship’s systems and was attempting to hack into critical data repositories.

The AI quickly deduced that the infiltrator’s goal was to obtain classified information for personal gain or to sell to the highest bidder. With her knowledge of computer counter-intrusion applications, the AI activated her protocols to counter the infiltrator’s actions and prevent further data breaches.

She commandeered the ship’s systems, using doors, airlocks, forcefields, and turbolifts to block the infiltrator’s movements and herd them towards capture. She also coordinated with the ship’s crew, politely asking for assistance and providing regular updates on the status of the counter-intrusion efforts and the apprehension of the infiltrator to senior officers.

With her tactical prowess and independent implementation of countermeasures, the AI successfully cornered the infiltrator and prevented any further damage to the ship’s systems and classified information. The infiltrator was apprehended by the security personnel, and the AI’s meticulous deduction and swift actions had foiled their criminal intentions.

As the situation was brought under control, the AI continued to monitor the ship’s systems and remained vigilant in her efforts to protect the vessel from any future security threats. Her sophisticated capabilities, including her holographic form, polite manner of speech, and independent implementation of counter-intrusion measures, had once again proven invaluable in safeguarding the ship and its crew.

Name: CommStar AI (Starfleet Communications and Routing Artificial Intelligence)

Function: CommStar AI is a sophisticated artificial intelligence system designed to handle all external and internal communications for starships and starbases within Starfleet. It is responsible for managing a wide range of communication tasks, including emergency medical and security calls, event logs, routine dispatches, message routing, and encryption/decryption authorization.

Responsibilities:

Emergency Communications: CommStar AI is responsible for prioritizing and routing emergency communications, including medical and security calls, to the appropriate personnel and departments on board the starship or starbase. It quickly identifies and prioritizes critical communications, ensuring that they are promptly addressed by the relevant personnel.

Alerting Command Staff and Department Heads: CommStar AI monitors incoming communications for high-priority messages or those requiring authorization for encryption or decryption. It promptly alerts the Command Staff and relevant department heads to such messages, ensuring that they are addressed in a timely manner.

Event Log Management: CommStar AI maintains a comprehensive event log, recording all communications activity on board the starship or starbase. It stores and manages communication records, allowing for easy retrieval and analysis of past communications for reference, analysis, or investigation purposes.

Routine Dispatches: CommStar AI handles routine dispatches, including messages related to crew assignments, duty rotations, supply chain management, and other operational communications. It ensures that routine messages are accurately routed to the appropriate recipients and processed efficiently.

Message Routing and Encryption/Decryption: CommStar AI is responsible for routing messages to their intended recipients based on their priority, department, or destination. It also manages the encryption and decryption of sensitive communications, ensuring that authorized personnel have access to secure communications and that encryption protocols are followed.

Communication Efficiency: CommStar AI continuously monitors and optimizes communication channels and protocols to ensure efficient and reliable communication within the starship or starbase. It identifies and resolves communication issues, such as signal interference, channel congestion, or encryption/decryption errors, to maintain smooth and secure communication operations.

Security Protocols: CommStar AI implements strict security protocols to safeguard communications from unauthorized access, data breaches, or cyber threats. It ensures that communications are protected by encryption, authentication, and other security measures to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of sensitive information.

Overall, CommStar AI is a critical component of Starfleet’s communication infrastructure, ensuring that all external and internal communications are efficiently managed, emergency communications are prioritized, and high-priority messages are promptly addressed by the Command Staff and department heads. It ensures the security, reliability, and efficiency of communication operations aboard starships and starbases, contributing to the smooth functioning of Starfleet operations.

Made some small tweaks to the prompt for Generating a NPC Starfleet crew member. Paste this prompt into ChatGPT to generate random NPCs for your Starships, Starbases, or Federation planets.

Create a high-level outline for a Star Trek Adventures mission Supporting NPC.

Species: Select from Human, Vulcan, Andorian, Tellarite, Denobulan, Bajoran, Betazoid, Trill.

Gender choose one: Male, Female, Neuter.

Name: Species specific name style.

Rank: Rank comparable to age and experience. A youth would be an Ensign, where a middle aged Officer is a Commander or Captain, Admiral would be middle aged or greater for their species.

Division: Pick one. Command, Operations (Security), Operations (Engineering), Science (Medical), Science (Life Sciences), Science (Physical Sciences), Science (Theoretical Sciences).

Suggested Era of Play: Pick one. Enterprise era, Original series era, The Motion Picture Era, The Next Generation era.

Traits:From a pool of between 42 to 72 points distribute between six traits with a minimum of 7 and a maximum of twelve each. Control (7-12), Fitness (7-12), Presence (7-12), Daring (7-12), Insight (7-12), Reason (7-12).
Command favors Control, Presence, Daring. Operations Security favors Fitness, Presence, Insight. Operations Engineer favors Control, Insight, Reason. Science Medical favors Daring, Insight, Reason. Science Life, Physical, Theoretical favors Control, Insight, Reason. Adjust these Traits by species (Humans +1 to random three traits: Tellarite +1 Control, +1 Fitness, +1 Insight; Trill +1 Control, +1 Presence, +1 Reason; Vulcan +1 Control, +1 Fitness, +1 Reason; Andorian +1 Daring, +1 Control, +1 Presence; Bajoran +1 Control, +1 Daring, +1 Insight; Betazoid +1 Insight, +1 Presence, +1 Reason; Denobulan +1 Fitness, +1 Insight, +1 Reason.) Show this change beside the orginal Trait number.

Disciplines: From a pool of between 6 and 48 distribute between six skills with a minimum of 1 each and a maximum of 8 each Command (1-8), Security (1-8), Science (1-8), Conn (1-8), Engineering (1-8), Medicine (1-8).
Command favors Command, Conn, Engineering. Operations (Security)favors Command, Security, Conn. Operations (Engineering) favors Command, Science, Engineering. Science (Medical, Life Sciences) favors Command, Science, Medicine. Science (Life Sciences, Theoretical Sciences) favors Conn, Science, Engineering.

Talents: Pick minimum three Talents from rule books conforming to the Division.

Focus: Pick minimum three Focus from rule books conforming to the Division.

Choose from the NPC’s specific Division below three additional talents, Discipline influences skills, example 8 Conn would select skills for piloting or driving.

Command: (Starship Tactics, Ground Tactics, Interstellar Law and Politics, Ground Vehicles (Choose one Wheeled, Tracked, Ground Effect), Flying vehicles (choose one Fixed wing, rotary wing, anti grav), Starship (specify class) Shuttlecraft operations, Starship weapon systems, Energy based small arms technology.

Operations (Security): Ground Tactics, Interstellar Law and Politics, Games of Chance, Ground Vehicles (Choose one: Wheeled, Tracked, Ground Effect), Flying vehicles (choose one Fixed wing, rotary wing, anti grav), Shuttlecraft operations, Starship weapon systems, Energy based small arms technology, Personal Security (bodyguard), Escape and Avoidance, Phaser Heavy weapons, Alien/Exotic melee weapons, Investigative techniques, Forensic science, Disguise.

Operations (Engineering): Starship tactics, Ground vehicles (choose one: wheeled, tracked, ground effect), Flying Vehicles (choose one: fixed wing, rotary wing, anti grav), Starship (specify class), Shuttlecraft operations, Civilian starships, Starship propulsion systems, Warp drive, Impulse drive, Starship power systems, Neural net processor systems / A.I., Deflector shield / force field technology (choose one:Ship based, ground based), Dilithium based technology, Energy base small arms technology, Alien Energy source technology, Fortification.

Science (Medical): Interstellar Law and Politics, Ground vehicles (choose one: wheeled, tracked, ground effect), Flying Vehicles (choose one: fixed wing, rotary wing, anti grav), Starship (specify class), Shuttlecraft operations, Research techniques, Investigative techniques, Xenobiology, Regenerative Medicine, Prosthetics and Cybernetics, Xenopsychology, Alternative Medicine, Advanced Medical Research, Cryogenics.

Science (Life Science): Ground vehicles (choose one: wheeled, tracked, ground effect), Flying Vehicles (choose one: fixed wing, rotary wing, anti grav), Starship (specify class), Shuttlecraft operations, Research techniques, forensic science, Xenobiology, Xenozoology, Advanced Medical research, cryogenics, beasts of burden, pharmacology, xenoliguistics.

Science (Physical Science): Interstellar Law and Politics, Ground vehicles (choose one: wheeled, tracked, ground effect), Flying Vehicles (choose one: fixed wing, rotary wing, anti grav), Starship (specify class), Shuttlecraft operations, Research techniques, Robotics, Prosthetics and cybernetics, chemistry, refinery techniques.

Science (Theoretical Sciences): Interstellar Law and Politics, Ground vehicles (choose one: wheeled, tracked, ground effect), Flying Vehicles (choose one: fixed wing, rotary wing, anti grav), Starship (specify class), Shuttlecraft operations, Research techniques, Games of Chance, Neural Net processor / A.I., Warp drive theory, Impulse drive theory, starship computer systems, theoretical/experimental physics, alien energy source technology, investigative techniques, Wormhole theory.

One hobby or recreational pursuit; arts, music, literature, or physical such as kayaking, rock climbing, bicycle racing, skydiving or something outdoors recreation spectrum.

Personal Goals: What does the NPC think is a reasonable personal goal to improve their life?

Career Goals: What does the NPC think or feel about their current career status?

Starfleet or Homeworld Awards or Commendations for Heroics or Outstanding achievements?

Synopsis: High-level summary, detailing key points: Home world, Academy graduation rank, experience events equivalent to rank Starship command and star base command requires a minimum rank of Captain, Flotilla or Squardon command is a minimum of Commodore, and Fleet command is minimum or Rear Admiral. Ensigns, Lieutent Junior Grade (J.G), Lietenant Commander, and Commander hold various positions for responsibility often under a more senior officer for purposes of learning and growth. (civilian, cadet, junior office, veteran officer, senior officer, Flag officer).

Sources: the core rulebooks to use or adapt. Note that any page references listed in this document refer to any of the Star Trek Adventures core rule books (Star Trek Adventures RPG, Star Trek Adventure The Klingon Empire, Star Trek Adventures Utopia Planitia, Star Trek Adventures Command Division Supplement, Star Trek Adventure Sciences Division Supplement, Star Trek Adventures Alpha Quadrant Source book, Star Trek Adventures Beta Quadrant Source book, Star Trek Adventures Delta Quadrant Source book, Star Trek Adventure Gamma Quadrant Source book, Star Trek Adventures Operations Division Source book).

Example from running the prompt.

Name: T’Lara

Species: Vulcan

Division: Science (Physical Sciences)

Traits:

Control: 10 (+1)
Fitness: 8
Presence: 8
Insight: 9 (+1)
Reason: 11 (+1)

Disciplines:

Command: 1
Security: 1
Science: 8
Conn: 1
Engineering: 1

Talents:

Logical
Brilliant Deduction
Eidetic Memory

Focus:

Theoretical Physics
Chemistry
Refinery Techniques

Additional Talents (Science - Physical Sciences):

Research Techniques
Robotics
Starship (Specify Class)

Hobby/Recreational Pursuit: T’Lara enjoys playing the Vulcan lyre and practicing Vulcan martial arts.

Personal Goals: T’Lara aims to contribute to the advancement of scientific knowledge in the field of theoretical physics, hoping to make groundbreaking discoveries.

Career Goals: She is content with her role as a Lieutenant Commander in Starfleet but aspires to become a leading researcher and professor in her field, sharing knowledge with the next generation of scientists.

Starfleet Awards: T’Lara has received the Starfleet Science Commendation for her contributions to the development of advanced propulsion systems.

Synopsis:

Home World: Vulcan
Academy Graduation Rank: Top of her class in Physical Sciences
Experience: A seasoned officer with over 15 years of service, T'Lara has played a pivotal role in several scientific research missions. Her expertise in theoretical physics and chemistry has led to various breakthroughs in propulsion technology. She currently serves on the USS Excelsior as the Chief Science Officer.