Shackleton Expanse Mission Briefs

If you are in possession of the Shackleton Expanse book, and you happen to run anybody through the mission briefs “Adrift” or “Splinters of Fire,” I’d sure love to hear some after-action reports. There’s been a little tweaking to the former, and the latter is entirely new.

I have the idea that the mission briefs in the Shackleton Expanse campaign book were fully written up adventures for the Living Campaign. Does anyone know where to find the full adventures?

Thanks.

Maybe here.

I know that “Signals” became a published adventure in (I think) the Quickstart rules.

I haven’t played these 2 because I mostly do TNG Era mission. I have played some missions from the living campaign before the Shakleton Campaign was published.
The living campaign can still help you a bit on new Mission Briefs, be careful there’s some rules change between Living Campaign and Shakleton.

My players managed most very well.

Signals was the first mission of my group

A great memory was “decision point”, they argued that they didn’t break Prime Directive because the scientists were already there and the harm was done. They managed to evacuate the natives on an other planet in the system on a secluded away island with a network of satellites and the help of civilian ships and the Vulcan Institute which were less subject to the Prime Directive or interested in Tilikal site. I have a complete story somewhere on this forum.

I have played Convoy S119 by putting the engineer and the ship counselor on the Klingon’s ship and it was great. The Ship Counselor’s role became synonymous of Great Warrior for Klingon and that still pose problems to other Starfleet’s ship Counselors in our campaign.

Tug of war was quite fun with repetition comic when I threw the ship multiple times between the two tractor beams. Of course at some point it became more and more dangerous but they have quite a fun session. At a later date they installed experimental Tilikal high power tractor beam on their ship (with the Chief of Security arcstone) that saved the day against the 4 Akaru’s ships that have harpooned them 2 weeks ago.

I have plan to play them all 2370’s briefs as the campaign progresses

1 Like

Sort of. While the Living Campaign Adventure “Signals” entails scenes shipboard and with an Away Team, the adventure in the Quickstart comprises only the latter.