Overlord's ability

Is Overlord going to be updated? It is supposed Incite was made to affect other super mutants (or at least James said that long time ago). Ferocity and Incite still have wording wich could affect himself.

Hey @DK-dark,

This was probably said by James a little before my time here. I can understand the change however but could you enlighten me as to how this came about? Was it on the Facebook group? What caused the comment? Was it just a matter of the Overlord auras effecting itself being too strong?

Thanks for the help!

Dom

It is in the FB group. I was using Overlord yesterday and I was not sure if he charges Blue actually, by his own Incite, without any other super mutant in play, wich seems powerful.
The same with the other ability, if he could change his own roll. So I checked the info about this, and I saw James’ answer in FB group, but nothing new in the errata after the last waves.
I don’t know If It was forgotten or it is intentional (leaving Overlord using his own abilities).

Hey @DK-dark

Could you do me a favour and grab a screengrab or a copy/paste of the comment James left? I don’t use FB anymore.

Also, how long ago was this comment made by James?

Thanks!

It was 18 months ago

Hey @DK-dark

Play those two abilities on the Overlord for now as effecting the Overlord as well, despite the earlier comment made by James Sheahan.

Thanks!

Dom

Thanks for an update on that one, although I would think it wise to have a presence in the facebook group purely for the sake of dealing with these issues. The community should have as many points of contact as possible imo.

2 Likes

We have other members of staff who are fully entrenched in the FB group, not to worry.

Regarding the answering of questions, we found the FB group lacks the easy to follow digital paper trail offered by this rules forum - this Overlord thing being a key example of this! Things tend to get lost amongst all the posts. It has been the standard since I’ve been with the company (which is about a year now) for this forum to be the go to place for fielding rules queries.

FB has its place. It is fantastic for fostering community and discussion. But I think it is somewhat lacking for the clean cut and comprehensive process needed for answering FAQ queries.

I just hope all the questions and issues discovered (there are plenty) would appear in the next errata/faq soon. It would be fine to put this file or a post on FB too.

No need to hope - that is precisely what is happening. This is part of how we’ll feed stuff into the errata going forwards. If you could see the spreadsheet I have of forum FAQ questions!

2 Likes