Official 2D20 Star Wars

The only good that FFG did when they were granted the Star Wars license was to release the anniversary edition of the WEG 1st edition game. I own all Star Wars d20 and Saga Edition books and having this jewel in my collection is awesome.

I haven’t read it yet and probably will never find group to play with, but I still love to have the first game in this now-ruined universe. I have read that 2nd edition of WEG is much better, but have no room to compare.

On the 2d20 topic and the realm of theorycrafting - I prefer Modiphius not to have the license, as this will even further delay all other projects further (like Conan line). If they sort this staffing issue out - I would love to have Star Wars with 2d20 system… this means stormtroopers will not be missing anymore!

Did you try the Genesys system SWs?

Peeps in my group have played all iterations and definitely The Force is with FFG’s, in their (and my) opinion.

that sounds Awesome!

Please let us knoe how it goes!

No, no, no… your tense is all wrong. Perhaps it was with them until recently, but no longer.

FFGs SWs will become one with the Force, my young apprentice.

FFG is closing down their RPG production, but that doesn’t mean they’re letting go of the License. They’re still putting out new X-Wing stuff. We can hope that there might be a sub-license in the future, but it sounds like we’ll go without an official one for a while. I’m a fan of the WEG system and hope to run and/or play some in the future. I’m thinking 2d20 would be great for it, but as some of the official people above said, it’s not what’s going on. Maybe we can get a community effort like the 5e based SW that popped up. I have friends excited by that, but SW being shoehorned into 5e (or vice versa) leaves me very skeptical.

Dnd SWs was a Dark Time…

FWIW, Asmodee, the owners of FFG, are moving FFG’s RPG lines to a new company(?) under their umbrella called Edge Studio. This new company will continue to develop Star Wars, Genesys, and other RPG projects.

And their track records horrible - all darksiders, Im afraid!
I have a very bad feeling bout this!

1 Like

I would say that the FFG iteration of SW is pretty much dead at this point. They have been releasing compilation books. While I am not very familiar with Edge, from what I gather, they aren’t known for creating new content. Guessing this is just a move to keep the license active, reprint existing books. Guessing because I haven’t seen the license and really have no idea. :smile:

1 Like

well they’re delegating future genesys/nds games to edge-studio, a subsidiary of Asmodee, who owns ffg. so its a bit of a lateral move but will still exist for the foreseeable future

Yep, already known, thanks. Edges products are usually subpar.

They might be too busy working on the Skyrim RPG:)

1 Like