Nightkin weaponry?

Nightkin comes with a Rebar club which requires str 7 but they only have 5 str? How does that work?

They also got “unpredictable” which can boost their strength to 7.
But i agree with you that it is not that good.

If you play agianst them as ai, then the str Requirement is ignored. (Should be in the errata)

Ah so thats why they come with a nail board. So they can attack when not unpredictable?
Yeah its very weird XD

Thanks for the answer though!

I beleive it’s stated in the errata that a unit’s standard equipment ignores requirements (for example BoS Paladin has 6 str but it’s equipped with gatling laser)

2 Likes

Yes, but keep in mind that is just for AI units and not your player-controlled units.

Nightkin need that ‘Unpredictable’ boost to use the club, or just take the Weapon Handling perk. Same goes for a Paladin - weapon handling and/or power armour are your friend.

1 Like

No, a long time ago, James Sheahan said a Paladin can use a Gatling Laser as it’s standard weapon, not just as an AI unit.

On page 4 in the Campaign Handbook section of the Errata (v. 8.0_00st)
“p.24: Settlement Mode: Rules Adaptions: Creating a Force and Settlements
After ‘An AI Unit’s ‘standard equipment’ is shown at the top of an AI
card.’ add ‘Ignore any minimum requirements on Item cards.’”
It’s not just for AI, it’s for Narrative and Settlement mode.

1 Like

On page 4 in the Campaign Handbook section of the Errata (v. 8.0_00st)
“p.24: Settlement Mode: Rules Adaptions: Creating a Force and Settlements
After ‘An AI Unit’s ‘standard equipment’ is shown at the top of an AI
card.’ add ‘Ignore any minimum requirements on Item cards.’”
It’s not just for AI, it’s for Narrative and Settlement mode.

You are right for settlement modus. For narrative you still would need to get the required strength. The ai loadout is not applied there.

Correct, ignoring the AI item requirement is only for settlement mode. So in battlemode or narrative you’d need something like weapon handling to consistently get the attacks off.

I had understood ‘Ignore any minimum requirements on Item cards’ to apply to AI only, but it make sense that it’s for all units after re-reading James’ post!

2 Likes