New Monsters - Ithaqua's Chosen

Hello all!

I won’t lie, love this whole rule set up but I may have immediately ported it to a homebrew world :wink: Regardless, I’m working on some general bits and pieces and have been playtesting a bit with my playgroup over discord. I recently built a new Monster following the DM’s guide release, which I have included below, one thing I’ve noted is it’s still quite squishy due to the action economy against a party of four. Though as a lieutenant level threat I imagine that’s to be expected! Critiques and the such welcomed and encouraged!

EDIT: More Monsters added in, a True Wendigo and The Ravagers of Ithaqua/Windwalker Cultists!

True Wendigo.pdf (255.2 KB) Windwalker Cultist.pdf (350.9 KB) Lesser Wendigo.pdf (192.7 KB)

2 Likes

Looks pretty good on first pass. It’s vulnerability to fire makes is something PCs can intuitively figure out. The Fearsome 1 seems to already be included in the Wendiog’s Howl. Probably redundant.
I might add +1CD to normal weapons fire due to the exothermic nature of gunfire and the vulnerability of the wendigo.
Might add a speed element to the Wind Walker aspect of the beast too…like it can move X range fields (e.g. from Long to Close in one turn).

Otherwise…pretty neat.

Thanks for the comment Pandarian, in relation to Fearsome, I was attempting to narrow down what damage to start the Howl at and kind of just… guessed, which is why that likely seems off!

Will certainly add a speed element to the Wind Walker aspect, clarification is never a bad thing after all.

Thanks buddy!

Wow, nice homebrew, TheMaker, the first one I’ve seen for the system, congrats!

Thanks Johnh! I’m putting a few more up now actually, expanding on an adventure I’m running at the moment wherein the players are in the heart of a near continent spanning blizzard. Lots of horrible gribblies running around, hidden in the snow…

1 Like

Excellent, let me know if you come up with more. I’m thinking we’ll definitely do a bestiary expansion down the line.

Well I’m constantly working on new bits, currently I’ve got a few other new monsters that I’m still fine tuning, as well as some new spells, weapons and a subsystem - keeping busy!

2 Likes

Meant to ask! Been working on a lot more, are you linked directly to Modiphius Johnh?

I am TheMaker, I run the Achtung! Cthulhu line! :slight_smile:

Amazing! I’ve actually managed to get a whole set of bits and pieces done and would love to discuss at some point? Even to get some feedback or chat more about the bestiary you mentioned?

Sounds good, drop me a line at john.houlihan@modiphius.com and I’ll be happy to check them out!