New MC3 campaigns coming in 2021?

A friend of mine who is on Facebook (I’m not, so I wouldn’t have seen that) showed my a post from the Warzone/Mutant Chronicles group, where the poster referred to an announcement by Modiphius to publish several(!) new Mutant Chronicles 3 campaigns in 2021.

That would be great news, if there is some substance to it.

Could anyone from Modiphius confirm that there are new products, especially new campaigns for Mutant Chronicles 3 planned for 2021?

4 Likes

If true, this would be great news indeed… Keeping my fingers crossed

1 Like

I have taken the time and watched the announcement video from ModCon on Twitch:
Video Link

Matt Forbeck apparently had a script for the continuation of the Venusian Apocalypse Campaign (this campaign for MC3 was already published quite a while ago, and it was originally published for Mutant Chronicles 2 decades ago).
This script was supposed to be for a graphic novel. But Modiphius wants to publish it as a roleplaying campaign for MC3 with the title(?) “Dark Eden”.
But there already is a Dark Eden Campaign for MC3.
So I am a bit confused why the new campaign has the same title as the old one.

Due to the new campaign being the continuation of the old Venusian Apocalypse, the Venusian Apocalypse gets reprinted (if I understood that correctly), as it is the lead to the new campaign.

And for the boardgame “Siege of the Citadel” there will be a RPG campaign for MC3 where the players can play the iconic characters from the boardgame in a roleplaying campaign.

That is, what I took from the video I’ve linked above regarding Mutant Chronicles.

2 Likes

What I gathered this campaign will be set in the Dark Eden era, it’s title has not been revealed.

That’s great news !
Glad to see some new stuff !

I hope the following to the Venusian Apocalypse will take a more noir feeling, because it sure won’t be the case for Siege of the Citadel :wink:

4 Likes

I am curious about Dark Eden and how Forbeck will navigate using the original comic that never was at that story line and if he will do his own Forbeck universe thing or will he alter it to match the 3rd edition version of events.

I hope everyone has had a chance to read the original never published script of part 1.

It’s on forbeck’s blog

Most exciting thing in years.

Lets hope Fred & Matt go ahead and write a novel for Mutant Chronicles.

3 Likes

Is that the blog post in question? I’ll take a look, didn’t know it was available!

2 Likes

I is in the Modiphius newsletter also, so it IS official… :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is, I’ve heard about it long ago, waited 20 years to read it, but it only has the 1st part of 4.

Any update on this?

Guess not… Keeping my fingers crossed and there is still plenty of days left in 2021 :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

There is a new MC3 publication available, an adventure, not a whole campaign, but a new one, at least:

4 Likes

I haven’t bought it yet, but it seems to be a bit similar to the Living Campaign adventure “The Purging of the Crucible”. Does anyone know more about that?
Is this the very same adventure?

At least some love for MC !
But yes this is defenitely the print adaptation of the living campaign of the same name, I see the same map.
Looking at the docs I have of the living campaign, it seems that it was never finished so this could be interesting.
I think I may even include that scenario in the Dark Legion or Dark Eden campaign, a good old dungeon crawl !

3 Likes

After looking at the previews on DriveThru, it’s definitely the living campaign scenarios with an added conclusion and a layout that fits the other books.
As far as I can tell the maps were not updated (or very slightly) :frowning:
I hope it’s not a cynical way to try to grab extract some money before the license or whatever expires.
To be honest in the end I’m a little disappointed, 10$ for the pdf is a bit high considering more than half of it was free before.

I really hope we can get additional stuff very soon!

1 Like

I did buy the book because I was excited there is some new product from the MC RPG line however went almost berserk when I afterwards discovered this is the old living campaign adventure pack! I mean - what is this??? They do not support the game, abandon the living campaign, botch the Siege of the Citadel print and then push out a product which we should have received for free before if they did their job properly??? Btw, I also did have a similar feeling about them just skimming us for money before the licence gets pulled.

I am seriously not buying anything from them anymore.

And about the planned campaign based on the Matt Forbeck comic line:
I have exchanged some e-mails with Matt because I wanted to know about some projects of his and also asked about the planned campaign based on his outline / comic book - he was asked to write a foreword for it and that’s it. He is not involved with the actual design or anything… so who knows when and even if we are getting something.

I’m done.

3 Likes

That comes a bit as a shock. - It was announced as Matt Forbeck’s campaign, not as a campaign by someone else with a short foreword by Matt Forbeck.

2 Likes