Mutant chronicles errata

Here’s a question, FRL p.110:
“Equipment: Hardback armour, Luna PD uniform, CAR-24 close assault rifle with smoke grenades and torch attachment”

How many smoke grenades, and does it actually include a torch ? The name of the weapon should probably be " CAR-24 SMG " ?

It is CAR-24 Close Assault Rifle.

1 Like

BRH p.36, Staff of Casting. I think this needs some clarification, the staff can be charged, but what can a character do with those charges? Add Momentum to a spell or ability ?
" A Staff of Casting has no spells bound into it, and cannot benefit a character who is not able to use some form of supernatural power – the Art, Dark Gifts, or Ki Powers."
And Psionics I’m guessing?

Hey. Sorry to Necro this thread but I need help. On page 103 and 104 of the Bauhaus Sourcebook the ‘impact damage’ on the Sachs 9000 and the GF 750 is listed as 2+[ds]54.

Is there someone around here who could give me an Official ruling as to what the damage aught to be? Or point me in the direction where I could get one? It’s not a huge deal but one of my players refuses to accept any GM ruling that it’s just 2+[ds]5 since it’s not mentioned in any errata. It’s not an actual problem, more of an inside joke but I still wanna ‘ruin’ his fun by pointing out that he can’t possibly bring down a space ship with his “rocket” car.

3 Likes

“Official” errata corrections can be a bit intermittent in these forums, depending on the particular system, I’m afraid! But if it makes you feel any better, I think your ‘2+[ds]5’ interpretation is the correct one! :slight_smile:
You could try tagging one of the Modiphius users such as @Modiphius-Bill, who commented up-thread, but I don’t know who the current line editor is for MC3. (And you’re not likely to get a response until after the holiday period, either, I’m afraid.) So for now it’s probably best to keep that character as far as possible from car accidents!

1 Like

refuses to accept any GM ruling?
Kill him! Or at least give him HELL!
While i do try to wiggle a bit with my GMs from time to time and on the other side, i try to be generous, if players want some interpretation… but every decision making has it’s end and the GM says when…

3 Likes

@TheMarkus The Sachs 9000 is 2+[DS]5 and the GF 750 is 2+[DS]4. If you want more splattage per km, it’s slightly heavier and more expensive as a result.
@Andrax The staff of Casting (and can be used by those with Psionics) has specific Powers (generated from the table on the same page) - each of those consume one of more Charges and can be recharged (although Psionic users may have no idea of how to do that!):

A character may attempt to charge a Staff of Casting once every day
in a ritual requiring an Average D1 Mysticism test. Success adds one
Charge to the staff, plus an additional Charge per Momentum spent,
up to the staff’s maximum.

3 Likes

Oh my lord. Thank ya very much. :slight_smile:

I think I´ve discovered a weird thing when it comes to Brotherhood Mystic careers. As we all know, its only possible to choose one iconic career when creating a MC character, but it should be possible to create 1-3 primary careers as well. In the Brotherhood source book, all directories, except the first, has primary careers to choose from, enabling them to choose one or more primary careers prior to choosing an iconic career within their Directory, but the first Directory only has iconic careers. This means that if one wants to create a mystic, whilst retaining the ability to choose different schools of the Art, one has to choose the Diciple primary career (equivalent to Unemployed career path). This career has less skills and options than ordinary careers since it is sort of a failure. It seems mighty strange that mystics would have to choose this career, when all the other Directories has primary careers of their own.

Hello everybody, I hope someone will be able to answer my question. After all these years, I will finally begin mastering a campaign of MC with characters created by players and not the pre-gen of the Straffar gatan/Fall of van Holle mini-campaign (which, by the way, they enjoyed a lot)

I am currently reviewing the characters creation rules and I think I fould a bugin Mishima sourcebook.

• Firstly, it there any errata except the V1 posted on this topic by @Modiphius-Bill ?

• Regarding the bug I found in Mishima book:

On pages 14, “grew up on the streets” is not listed on the commoner education table, while “creative education” and managerial education" are not listed on the samurai education table. On parallel, on these tables we have two times “technical pre-carrer training” for commoners and not less than four times “management experience” on the Samurai table.

As these lacking educations are listed below on pages 14-15, can I suppose this must be a bug, and what would be the correct tables?

Many thanks!