Lower Decks! Lower Decks! Lower Decks!

We can confirm Tamarians, because he showed us a picture of that page from the proofs over on Twitter.

1 Like

One of the Tamarian-specific talents should involve spending a point of determination (or sth like that), making up a phrase in tamarian ( :joy: ) and receiving the effects of any talent for the rest of the adventure.

Jim Johnson, his teases on playable species ā€“ receive the bonuses of either the Bolster or the Reassuring talents for the rest of this thread :wink:

Also: We definetly need a Tamarian-babble random table. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

The trait for Meeglemo in the character pack is just ā€œMeeglemoā€™s speciesā€. I donā€™t know if Paramount or the staff on Lower Decks is going to give Modiphius behind the scenes info, especially if theyā€™re going to reveal the name of his species in a later episode.

According to Memory Alphaā€™s entry for FASAā€™s Star Trek Sourcebook IV Update, they were able to give names to the previously unnamed species because the movieā€™s makeup department production staff had assigned them names during the making of the movie (which they acknowledge in sense as a rumor).

The Drookmani could get a partial write-up like some species did in the core rule book, Beta Quadrant Sourcebook, and Discovery Campaign guide (before they were given a full write-up in later supplements like the Romulans, Ferengi, and Orions did).

We donā€™t get info ahead of time, so weā€™re as surprised as anyone else when new stuff comes up in an episode. Hence the challenge of getting new stuff out quickly. We went with ā€œMigleemoā€™s Speciesā€ because we donā€™t yet know what species he is. Paramount asked us to leave it vague until such time as the creative team reveals it (if they ever do).

2 Likes

This forum is on life support.

The Discord has a pulse and responds to stimuli.

Preorder for the LD book is now live.

modiphius.net

Modiphius.us

Print editions expected to ship in August, PDF by itself will be available for purchase in August as well. Preorders get the PDF right away. Have fun!

1 Like

I open the PDF and am immediately greeted with a fullsize, both-pages print of the Self-Aware Megalomaniacal Computer Storage. I love this so much already! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Be sure to check the back endpapers too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ohhhh, now I will spare this as the last bite of this book! The excitement already commenced!

(That being said: Thereā€™s still a typo in the updated Badgey-Sidebar on p. 3 of the Lower Decks Mission Briefs. :slight_smile: )

You sure about that? :wink:

Actually, yes: Between ā€œAldeansā€ and ā€œandā€, a space seems to be missing. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

*duck and cover*

Fix was uploaded yesterday.

Indeed it was. Yet, I did not notice. My apologies.

(I shall not question the line managerā€™s wisdom. I shall not questionā€¦)

@Modiphius-Jim I want to redeem myself. :wink: Is the Lower Decks supplement already in print? Or can you still react on typos? I already spotted a very funny one and double-checked it hasnā€™t been fixed, yet.

1 Like

Already in print. Feel free to email me the error and Iā€™ll add it to the errata for a possible reprint. And add it to the digital corrections. I found a couple little errors too, dang it.

Nature of the business.

1 Like

But when Chat-M5 starts editing all the manuscripts, these errors will be a thing of the past!

Not on my watch.

3 Likes

I genuinely LOVE this one. I thought the mission told by the Lower Decks castā€™s logs was the most hilarious part of the book. Then I thought the traits of the Pakled Planet were an even better joke. And now Iā€™m laughing my bottom off at Badgeyā€™s description of Hirogens (pretty on-point btw. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:).

Yes, my taste is simple, obviously.
But in other news, Iā€™m in only about a quarter, yet. And I already love this one so much! :rofl: :heart_eyes: :rofl:

Edit: And on the next page, Tom Paris begins telling jokes. Heh heh. (It begins to hurt a little bit. :smiley: )
Whoever wrote this masterpiece, I take off my hat to you, (insert appropriate address here)s! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

A multicultural, multiethnic, diverse team of writers and developers put it together. Glad you like it!

3 Likes

Lower decks, letā€™s goooo!

4 Likes
2 Likes