Low Cost Easy DIY Terrain

Just thought I would throw up our current FOWW set up. Its no where near as nice as what I have seem posted here. Some of the posts here are truly inspiring.

This was all built with some foam board, heavy card stock/art board, wood glue, super glue, some cardboard tubes, leftover model parts, a branch, hobby rocks, Mod Podge and some paint. It all packs up and fits on an 18” by 12” cutting board for storage. I highly recommend considering storage when making your terrain. The keen eye will also notice I have reduced our playing area 25% by folding over a section of the supplied game mat

Clearly I am no pro but what I hope to show here is “you don’t need to be”

The best part about the wasteland is it’s destroyed. Your biggest blunders can become your best pieces.

If you have any questions or would like to see more images please feel free to ask

6 Likes

Some nice ideas. Little projects like that is exactly why I have totes full of stuff for future projects (See some random item, think to myself “Neat! I’ll think of something to use that for!”)

I particularly like the rocket. Seems to me like you could easily build a story around that.

1 Like

These look good! Terrain doesn’t have to be super detailed to still make games a lot more interesting :slight_smile:

1 Like

They do look good :slight_smile:
I always say it’s post apocalyptic, it’s supposed to look ramshackle and half destroyed when I’m messing about with terrain :laughing:

1 Like

Thx Gatekeeper, Alastair, and Info_Overload.
The rocket was built so we could play the quest from FO3 “The Power of the Atom”
I have the Prima Official Game guides for FO3 and FONV. Many of the quests for the original video games outlined in these books can be easily converted and played on the tabletop using FOWW. Everything is there, quest flowcharts, artwork, enemies and even the maps.

3 Likes

Can you tell me about the terrain that looks like a house foundation

1 Like

Hi WickedCool
It is a half-finished project that ATM I am not 100% sure about.
Originally it was supposed to be a complete house less the roof modeled after those seen in FO4. It’s just 5mm foam board and heavy cardstock
After completing the foundation I only painted it so we could use it while I completed the walls.
Currently we have found it quite useful “as is” during gameplay. We roll dice in the garage, stage chits and the wasteland deck in the living area. My thinking is now starting to lean towards partial walls similar to the garage I also made (shown in the original post picks). This way it will not only provide cover but continues to be a place to stage items and roll dice
I hope that answers your question :grinning:

3 Likes

Nicely done

1 Like