Light board theme

Is there a way to enable Light theme(s) for the forums?

You can change this if you want - thereā€™s a setting in your preferences panel. (under ā€˜interfaceā€™)

Now, hereā€™s the caveat - weā€™ve designed the site for the DARK & MOODY scheme, because it fits with the design of http://www.modiphius.com. However the light & cheery theme might not work as well, so please do give it a go and test it.

Let me us know here if you come across anything that breaks the site!

Have a Beta Tester Badge as a thank you!

1 Like

Thanks, I didnā€™t notice this somehow. I switched it on, and the first thing I noticed is that there are threads where the font is not readable. Check it out:

Darn.

Like I said - we havenā€™t built these forum to support that Light Theme (which, Iā€™ll be honest, I just turned on for you now :heart_eyes:)

If you can log the things you see that donā€™t work with the Light Theme turned on, we can use it as a list for our dev to try and fix when we next patch the Forums.

Thanks for the help!

Thank you very much for turning the theme on just for me :slight_smile:
I will post updates here if I find something else not looking properly.

Thanks for those new forums !
Indeed, it feels like theyā€™re made for the Dark theme and not so much for the Light one, for exemple the little image at the top that says ā€œModiphius - Forum - Betaā€ only says ā€œForum - Betaā€ (as ā€œModiphiusā€ is in white letters) when we turn on the Light theme :wink:

1 Like

Errā€¦ yeahā€¦ thatā€™s because weā€™re so modest we donā€™t need a logo?? :persevere:

Thanks for spotting that though!

2 Likes

I canā€™t read it in Light mode because there is a black background image and the text over top is black/grey as well. Itā€™s fairly user-unfriendly in Light mode.

Weā€™re looking into what is exactly required to get the light theme usable. Currently itā€™s very much ā€˜use at your own riskā€™. However weā€™ll add this feedback to the list of things that need to be altered for it to be usable.

Thanks! And have a Beta Tester badge for being brave enough to use the Light Theme! :wink:

A fully functionable light theme would be very useful to me. I donā€™t know if it happens to other people but if Iā€™m reading white text on a black background for long periods, if I look away I see ā€œbandingā€ across my vision which eventually begins to affect reading the screen.

Its one of the reasons why I canā€™t really read the non-PF versions of the STA PDFs for anything other than quick referencing.

Thanks for the feedback - the fact that the current light theme is pretty broken is definitely something we want to address.

If thereā€™s any particular part that youā€™ve noticed needs special attention definitely let us know here!

As soon as there is any news regarding this rolling out weā€™ll announce it here.