Liberty Prime 'miniature'!

That’s a shame, but understandable. They’re still going to be nice to have, even if we won’t have stats for the coursers yet (Maybe the powers-that-be will find it in their hearts to upload printables for them?)

And yes, the Glowing Ones are part of the wave 2 stuff. Part of why I’m interested in the “Glowing” versions is so I can get those without ending up with a bunch of extra regular Ghouls since I already have a pretty good crop of those.

I’ve literally just started collecting fallout warfare, I’m a bit late to the party. Anyway there is so much for me to buy I don’t know where to start.

I love the new raider sets but this liberty prime is a must buy at some point. Problem is can I justify liberty prime above all the other stuff.

My collection consists of the starter set, survivors core set, mutants core set and few scenery pieces. What would you guys buy next, like most of you guys I don’t have tons of disposable income and miniature collecting is quite an expensive hobby. My worry is modihious will discontinue the line before I get a chance to buy it all.

What set you buy next depends on reasons personal to you. Are you mostly in the hobby for the tabletop gaming aspect (in which case getting a set that fits with your preferred faction makes sense), are you wanting to paint the minis you think look coolest (in which case get the ones you think look the best), or are you just wanting to collect all of it (in which case the order you buy probably doesn’t matter much)? There may be other reasons of course, it’s all down to your personal preference :slight_smile:

Personally i would recommend the raiders next. The bundle comes with all of the wave 2 cards and raiders are common in any fallout setting. Liberty Prime on the other hand won’t have the cards available until later, so you would only be able to use it as a terrain piece for a little while. There is also the Gencon exclusives if money is really tight.

I always recommend that if you want everything (like I do) then start with core for each faction.

If you want to only get for specific factions then again go for the core ones , then expand from there.

I would however say that Terrain makes or breaks this game so make sure you have a reasonable amount with good variation to prevent the game becoming too samey

4 Likes

That @theoldbadger says - agree to his statements

And never forget the terrain… Its more important than the minis as on the battlefield it takes up so much more space

1 Like

I’ll second that. Terrain is important with games like this. Sure, you can set up a table the same way every time, but when you do it’s easy to memorize distances, to learn what pieces of cover work best from what vantage points, all of that. But more so, creating a theme for your game with a couple of special terrain pieces can set the tone of an entire game. I think my favorite table setup we’ve done so far was the trailer park with all the little campers I found at our local Dollar General. But at the same time, I’ll never forget the first time I put the Red Rocket gas station on the table, or the first time the crashed Vertibird became the centerpiece of our map.

Never underestimate what a little well themed terrain can do for a table.

I for one am looking forward to seeing how the different parts of the Liberty Prime model come together. I’m hoping that it can be assembled in such a way that each part can be pinned so it will stay together without needing to glue everything. If that proves to be the case, then I should be able to set the model up so that it can be played at the full model, or taken apart for both storage and to use as terrain. It says that it’s a 10 piece model (Plus base), looks like both legs, hips, torso, back, both arms, and head. Not sure what the other two parts would be, but from the seams, I can see a couple of places on the arms where there might be a seam to make them two parts, but there’s no way to be sure until someone actually sees a model.

4 Likes

Some great advice… Is the red rocket scenic set worth the money or would you go with the crashed vertibird? I might take my chances and leave Liberty Prime as a nice Christmas present to myself.

1 Like

The Red Rocket is sort of hit and miss. The map is fantastic, the resin pieces are beautiful, but the building itself is a little fragile and has a different interior layout than the one outside of Sanctuary Hills. It comes with two Power Armor workstations, some Nuka Cola crates, and a few other really nice bits too. In addition to all that, it’s completely compatible with the other Battle System terrain.

The Crashed Vertibird is an absolutely stunning terrain set. The detail work is really nice and it’s designed to be displayed in pieces which gives you a lot of flexibility in how you play it.

Both are spendy, but a fair value for what you get. If you’re on the fence as to which to pick up, it’s largely a matter of what kinds of themes you picture yourself using. The Red Rocket would make a better backdrop for Survivor/Raider themed games a lot of the time, while the Crashed Vertibird gives you some good themed options for Brotherhood of Steel.

My personal leaning would be the Red Rocket, partially because it gives you a little more terrain to work with, and partially because I feel it can inspire more scenarios.

And if you opt for the Red Rocket, check out the Battle Systems stuff. Combining the Red Rocket with any of the Urban Apocalypse bundles (I have the shanty town and love it. But the City Block and Suburban sets look really nice too and are on my wishlist) can give you a fairly wide range of options for play.

1 Like

I would also recommend the red rocket set. I have it along with Battle Systems urban apocalypse range. The red rocket set also requires very little painting, and the other Battle Systems terrain doesn’t require any.

If you are looking for some quick terrain I recommend Battle Systems because it is fully modular and it can be taken apart and stored in very little space.

1 Like

I ended up buying the Red Rocket set and im very happy with the purchase. The battle map is a really nice upgrade over the core set paper mat. I haven’t build the red rocket yet but the resin bits look sweet. Thanks for the recommendation!

1 Like

Glad to hear you found a set and you’re happy with it.

Building it isn’t too bad. And once it’s built, I store it in two pieces, the main part of the building and the overhang I disconnect and sit on top of the main building for storage. Takes up half the space and prevents the need to rebuild between games. :wink:

Modiphius did a nice Twitch of building the Red Rocket and basing it and painting it over two episodes

2 Likes

Gotta get me one of these

For those looking at the red rocket set I’d also recommend you watch Modiphius’s 2 part painting tutorial where they base it and paint some other bits. It’s on you tube and is the second and third live stream they did

Finished mine.

4 Likes

Very nice, looks really good! Still waiting on mine. REALLY excited to put it on the table!

Thanks. It truly is a beast on the table. Can’t wait for the play rules to be released ,hopefully it’s not too overpowered as I plan on several “destroy all robots” scenarios.

1 Like

Liberty Prime recruiting old Ironsides and his crew, . . . . sounds like the birth of some good story driven games.

2 Likes