Modiphius.com  |  Modiphius Shop

Is there a Discord 2d20 dice bot?

Can’t seem to find one. Would be amazing if there was, especially when it comes to the combat/challenge dice.

not sure for discord but I know a few of the games are nicely supported through ROLL20 which I’m slowly going through the Tutorial on

I usually use Sidekick for my dice rolling on Discord … but I’ve not tried to run 2d20 through it. I’ll have a look at the mechanism to see whether there’s a syntax combination that would work.
Someone built a dice bot that worked with the custom dice for FFG’s Star Wars Edge of Empire, and 2d20’s are simpler than that, so fingers crossed.
(You’d also have to specify whether you’re using MC3/Infinity dice or Conan/etc dice, given the mechanic change.)

Conan onwards.

I set up a pair of macros using the Discord bot DiceParser to roll 2d20. It uses the format "!<# dice>t<target #>f. Example: “!2t11f2” to roll 2d20 against a target of 11 with a focus of 2. The focus is optional. Since this is for Dishonored, I don’t have a d6 macro though setting up a separate d6 macro or expanding my macro to include d6s in the same command/macro call is definitely possible.

These macros must be added to the bot in the same order that they appear here or you will get errors when you roll. The first macro is for rolls with a focus, the second is for macros without a focus. After adding the bot to your server, paste each line, one at a time, into discord.

!macro ([0-9]?[0-9]+)t([0-9]?[0-9])f([0-9]) \1d20s;$1c[<=\2];$1c1;$1c20;$1c[<=\3];$2+$5;“Successes = [$6], Complications: $4, Total Results: [@3]” 1

!macro ([0-9]?[0-9]+)t([0-9]?[0-9]) \1d20s;$1c[<=\2];$1c1;$1c20;$1c[=1];$2+$5*2;“Successes = [$6], Complications: $4, Total Results: [@3]” 1

1 Like

The Lyinggod answer Is the best for years to come :wink:
But I Just add that, in Extreme Need, Just roll as It goes and read the results with dice parser or other bots, I did It and that’s fine. XD

The above macros though… Gonna check 'em out soon. :slight_smile: