I can not start a Topic

I wanted to post a topic in the Conan section but I do not have a New Topic button. This is the first section I saw the New Topic button. Thanks.

1 Like

Hey there,

Try again now - it should work as I can’t see anything that would prevent it…

1 Like

I’ve been trying to post a new topic for the last 15 minutes and every attempt ends with an “Access Denied” message.

What might be going on, please?

Hello there!

We’ve done a bit of refreshing in the back end, log out and back in again, and then see if you can create one now?

:modiblue:

Hey @Modiphius-General,
I am having the same issue. I thought it was because I hadn’t gained the guidelines badge yet, but I’ve done that song and dance now. :herb:

Please help. Thanks!

Hello there!

I’ve reset some settings on your profile, and now everything has gone through. The topic you tried to publish was stuck and halfway between being live and in draft. Now I’ve reset the issue, it has gone live too.

Thanks!

1 Like

It seems I have the same issue.

@Modiphius-General, could you please look into this for me?

Hey there,

That should be fixed now… Fingers crossed :wink:

1 Like

I’m confused right now because I can’t find the “Create a Post”-Button … did I miss it somehow?

Try refreshing your browser/clearing your cache.
The button is showing for me, so it might be something weird happening with cookies etc.

Also, as you are a new user, there might be a post count before you can create topics, so maybe add a few replies to threads etc and see if that helps.

Thanks for the information, I will try it all :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m having a similar problem: even though I’ve read through the guidelines (and I would assume my security level is 1 now, having read more than three topics), I can’t seem to have the ability to start a new topic.

Any assistance appreciated!

You will get a notification when you reach trust level 1, though the system does tend to run slow at times.

According to the trust website (default settings, Modiphius may have tweaked them):

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Not sure where you are on the list but I think it tells you in your settings.

1 Like

Ah, right you are, apparently it was just a question of waiting for the system to work it through. Thanks!