Gaming with guy (battle reports)

Okay I might have gotten too tired to finish the game last night, but it’s over with now.

Round 8: The protectrons lurch their way up the street, while the ranger makes his way behind the general store to avoid them. The raider leader comes back to attempt another attack on the group in the general store.

Round 9: The raider leader is blown away by hunting rifle and combat shotgun fire. The militia officer narrowly dodges APC fire, while two of the raider veterans make their way towards the general store. The powerarmored raider descends from the roof to back them up.

The vertibird noises cease, and a squad of BoS forces show up on the edge of town, their motives unknown.

Round 10: The militia captain ducks for cover from the incoming protectrons behind the hood of the wrecked truck, while the APC fires another volley at her, but misses. The powerarmored raider closes in, while the group inside the general store works to free the captured townsfolk.

The BoS and the townsfolk join the fray with the following builds:

Round 11: The townsfolk are freed, and as soon as they are, the mercenaries spring out to kill the powerarmored raider. Meanwhile, one of the raider watchmen tries to use the nuka-cola machine, as the BoS paladin wearing T-51 moves in to dispatch a “potential hostile”.

Round 12: As the number of surviving raiders grows thin, the raider sniper begins her attempt to flee from the battlefield. The militia officer is melee’d to death by the BoS paladin, as the rest of the protectrons are destroyed. The townsfolk and the mercenaries prepare to take on the APC.

Round 13: The APC swings by taking heavy damage from the townsfolk, while the BoS forces get into position to take it on themselves. One of the townsfolk is killed by machinegun fire from the APC, as the raider sniper lands a few hits on the T-51 paladin. The raider watchman passes an agility test to hop on into the APC, as the T-51 paladin passes a strength test to move the wrecked truck aside.

Round 14: The APC’s escape is cut short as it is destroyed by the armored lad’s rocket launcher, killing both it’s crew and the raider watchman inside. The raider sniper desperately tries to flee, but is lit on fire by a distant laser bolt, before disappearing off into the distance.

Though most of the militia forces that went in to aid them perished, the mission is a success, and the mercenaries are paid their dues in full. Though they denied it, it seems the BoS squadron was there to poach control of the town right out from under the townsfolk. They get the feeling that had any more of them been killed, the BoS squadron would have likely tried to kill off the remainder themselves. What the BoS wants with this small trading post remains a mystery.

That was a fun game, but it certainly did take it’s share of time to run. It’s really nice to be able to play on an outdoors table instead of just another vault configuration. I wouldn’t recommend picking up FoWW with only vault terrain to run it in, the scenarios you can play are limited. Hopefully I’ll get some more fun miniatures painted up for the next game I run, and hopefully I can think up a less time-consuming scenario!

6 Likes