Gameplay and Rules FAQ

Hey,

Correct, you should only have 12.

Hey,

2 - No. Examples like this are often spells with an ongoing effect. Mechanically though, these cards behave like an armor card - the effect is always in play as long as it is equipped.

3 - Yes. Skills primarily exist in order to add additional Skill Test Dice to Skill Tests, rather than to determine which items a player can and cannot use.

Hey,

Some cards will be able to Fortify an item they are attached to. An item which has Fortify allows the user to increase a selected value. For example, an item with the Fortify Light armor Enchantment will grant the user 1 Light armor on top of what they have already.

Hey,

I can answer the second question.

If you have S54 equipped whilst attempting the Skill Test on this Wilderness Card, a Diamond Icon is added to whatever you roll.

Hey,

You reshuffle the deck. Check the top of page 19 in the rulebook.

Hi,

Is this confirmed? The first round in the tutorial scenario depicts a cave exploration, in which Moira confronts a Mudcrab, then a bear in sequential encounters, and she sneaks once for the Mudcrab (an epic 6 squares roll), then fails to sneak upon the bear.
It’s understood that sneaking upon multiple enemies in one encounter allows only one sneak (against the highest sneak level enemy) for the whole encounter. But fighting sequential enemies in a dungeon exploration or clear x encounter does reset the sneak ability, as stamina and magic between combats, according to the tutorial,and is actually far more thematically correct.
Could you please confirm what is the final word on that aspect, and, if confirmed you can only sneak once per dungeon exploration, could you please correct the tutorial?
Thanks a lot in advance.

So it seems like there might be some crossed wires here?

You can only sneak against one enemy when fighting multiple foes. Fighting multiple foes means you are fighting several foes at the same time. This would effectively be fighting a Mudcrab and a Bear at the same time with no rest in between (see the second card on page 39 of the rulebook for an example of this. The white rectangles with two enemy icons in them - multiple foes in one room).

What we have in the tutorial is an example closer to the other card on page 39 - two foes but spread across two different rooms. You are not fighting multiple enemies here in a gameplay sense. The latter enemies have not happened yet. You are fighting one enemy, one at a time.

Using those cards as an example again, each white box is an Encounter regardless of how many enemies are actually in it.

Sneak does not care how many enemies are in an Encounter, only that you have entered a new one. Each time you get a fresh Encounter, you get a new attempt to Sneak.

There is ultimately nothing to correct in the tutorial, although there might be clarification on this point in an eventual errata.

Quick question, I purchased my retail copy recently and noticed I don’t have the 5 free roam event cards. are those included with an expansion or am I missing them? Thanks!

Hey, major problem in our game, caused a major argument and storm out. (dramatic I know…)
When does the Khajiit with Pickpocketing skill take the gold from the Humanoid, city/wildlands encounter cards? before, during or after… I ask this because if you go into a dungeon and draw a humonoid card from the dungeon deck, do you loot the gold then when you draw the card or do you wait until its flipped, and if its flipped and reveals a trap card, do you still loot 2 gold even though its a trap card and not humonoid?

I cant find an answer anywhere… there is traps/non-common sense cards in the Wildlands deck which makes no sense to be able to pickpocket either so it makes sense to me at least that you can pickpocket a trap as long as it comes from the humonoid deck.

Official response?

So don’t know if it’s been asked but 2 questions. So the leather boots has sneak (1) where as the elven boots have gain die for sneak. What’s the different between the two? Also I’m the second campaign do the war quests carry over from chapter 2 to chapter 3 if they aren’t finished or do they go away? Also for the black market card, do we access the markets in the wilderness space as if we were in a hold or do we get to pick and choose whatever item we want from the decks?

The five additional Free Roam Event cards were Crowdfunder exclusive, as part of the Legendary Cards Expansion.

Instructor cards:

1. Do you hold onto them till you can afford to level up or discard them if you can’t afford it?
  2. When you use it, or if you can’t afford to use it does it just go to the discard pile as it does not say remove from game?
    3.Your leveling up with Septims instead of experience, do you keep your current experience or use a combination of coin and experience to reach the next level?
  3. I take it you get to raise an attribute as well as get the skill as it says ‘level up, buying a skill’?

If I have Stoneflesh equipped at the beginning of combat:

1. Do I need to roll to use the ability each time as a defensive action? if so, that doesn’t seem to echo how the game dealt with it
  2. If I don’t need to roll each time, can I roll for stoneflesh then unequip by paying stamina and switch to another weapon and keep the bonus from stoneflesh?

You get the bonus just having the spell equipped, you don’t need to cast anything, and if you unequip them, you lose the bonus…

I saw this and found it most relevant for this question. When a Fortify Enchant is attached to the weapon, does the fortify variant icon act as another type of damage to all attack or does it add 1 damage of that type to each attack? I.e. A Steel Greatsword getting a Light Armor Damage Fortify Enchant