Gameplay and Rules FAQ

Hi Ivangamer84,

Thanks for all these suggestions!

As you can imagine, we’ve tried out a whole lot of ideas for the TTS module (our internal prototypes are plagued with scripting ideas that were discarded over time). One of the things we are invested in is in making the module as close as possible to the board game experience, without making it too complicated for the players. The card search function, for example, is a must for this. However, adding too many helpers can easily turn the game into a more videogame-like experience.

We’ll take all these ideas into account and see if there’s anything we can implement into the next version of the module.

Thanks again!

Hi together,

I have a question about the Altmer passive ability after learning Illusion: is it mandatory to re-roll the enemy die when using an illusion spell or is it only optional? Because the ability might also be counterproductive e.g. when the enemy would miss its attack.

Thanks a lot for clarifying!
Hakon

Hi Hakon,

Rerolling the enemy die is optional. As you say, it would be really bad if you were forced to reroll an enemy missing an attack.

All the best,
Juan

1 Like

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your previous answer. I have some new questions about the ebony shields action ‘Protect’. I am not completely sure how the effect should be used.

First concerning the possibility to activate it. Me and my friends had different ideas of how it is intended to be used:

1. It’s like a regular combat action where the acting player can only protect another player in case of a multi-target attack of the enemy
    OR
  2. It affects one specific other player until the next turn of the player which uses ‘Protect’
    OR
  3. It can be used each time another player would take a hit (doesn’t matter who is currently acting)
    OR
  4. It can be used each time another player would take a hit but only once in case of a multitarget-attack (doesn’t matter who is currently acting)

Also the damage calculation is not completely clear:

1. Damage is applied the same way like if it would hit the player directly
    OR
  2. Armor of the ‘protected’ player is subtracted and damage is dealt to the ‘protecting’ player

Thanks a lot for clarifying! I really appreciate the possibility to ask questions here.

Hakon

Hi Hakon,

Thanks for your question. This is indeed an interesting one.

The Protect action is a fairly unusual one, as it hasppens out of turn. You just spend the Stamina, and the damage that should affect the active player affects you instead. Of course, your armor is calculated before deducting any helath or additional Stamina. This can be dangerous, as you cannot take a defensive action, but it’s helpful when your armor is really high and you want the characters with higher damage output to weaken an enemy, for example. There is no limit to the number of times you can use it out of turn, as long as you use it just once per enemy action.

All the best,
Juan

1 Like

Any news about the spanish translation? After 3 months we don’t have anymore info, and pledge manager is going to be closed in spring (right?), so I would like to know it before invest the money there or wait for the pre order in Spain.
Thanks

Hi Salvador,

The team handling the translations and localisation versions of the game will post updates on the Gamefound page as soon as there are news. I am not sure what’s the status of that, so I cannot give you more info about that, unfortunately.

Hello!

I have a question about sneaking in a dungeon.
When I have to fight ennemies one by one in a dungeon, can I sneak at every enemy as it’s not all in one encounter? Or I can only sneak one enemy?

Thank you

I’d echo the above question about sneaking - i.e. is it once per dungeon encounter, or once per combat within that dungeon encounter?

Also there was a question above about traps - does everybody have to try lockpicking in order, or is it just the first person who has to attempt, and others can choose either to lockpick or just attack it like another combat? The current wording is unclear.

Finally, how is Inspire intended to work? We could not find this anywhere in the rules - does it effectively heal, or does it (temporarily) override / increase stamina and magicka values?

Hi,

I have a question about the Legendary Speech skill. When it says to pay 1 fewer septim on the first draw does that mean that you see the first 2 cards from the market deck for free (normally paying 1 septim to draw 2 cards), or pay to access the deck as you normally would and then if you choose to purchase one of the first two cards it would cost 1 less?

Thank you

Re the components lists: rule book says there are 16 of the coloured quest markers (so 4 of each) but I only received 12 (3 of each colour) can you confirm this is a typo as they dont seem to be anywhere else in the core box?

Question regarding quest encounters involving multiple enemies. If a card asks to clear multiple of a specific enemy (2 undead in case of card 105), are they 2 seperate encounters, or 2 enemies in the one encounter?

What happens when you fail a Sneak (not an Ambush)?

Hi, as I was testing out the TTS and I got some questions that I hope could be clarified here.

1. Conjuration: Lets say that I enter a dungeon equipped with a Summon undead in one hand and a dagger in the other. Could I summon the undead creature during my turn and then next turn equip something else in the place of the conjuration spell and still keep that undead creature during the combat granted that I pay the 1 mana a turn cost. Or do I have dispel/discard the Summoned creature once I put the spell away from my hands, meaning that the creature would only fight for me when I have the spell equipped in my hand.

2. When you switch spells, does that cost 1 stamina like switching a weapon, or 1 mana, or is it free to switch spells?

3. Conjuration: As i leveled up and eventually reached level 8 during my playthrough I came across this problem where I didn´t know which undeads I could draw from the deck when I used the conjure undead spell. I ended up drawing from the same level, or one level below of what I could encounter in the dungeon deck since it didn¨t make sense (to me) to shuffle all the undeads and draw one at random with the chance of either getting a summoned creature of lvl 0 or 7 as it would either be too weak or way to powerful. What are your thoughts?

4. Illusion spell Hysteria.
    So the spell states that it costs 2 mana to cast, but it does not have a skill test. Instead underneath is listed the three dice symbols each attached to a damaging effect (Get a circle and deal Magic damage, A skyrim logo for Light damage or a diamon for Heavy damage).

I see two ways of interpreting this.
a. Spend 2 mana, cast without a skilltest, roll 1x dice and attack according to the Symbol shown, meaning the damage of the spell would always hit, but always be random.

b. Spend 2 mana, decide which of the three damaging effects that you¨d like to try to cast, then roll 3x dice + 1 for any Conjuration Skill and see if any of the dice hit the matching symbol, miss if you fail.
That means the spell could miss, but you can decide what damage you want to try to cause.

When I played I went for example a. Let me know what you guys think makes sense! :slight_smile:

Rules/Gameplay question. Final fight of Campaign 1 chapter 3. One party member had an item that triggers on final opponent, but the party member that had it was knocked out via critical injury. Would their status card still trigger or would it be skipped? We played that it was skipped but I’m not sure if this interaction has been discussed.

1. I cannot find any requirement that your need to keep the conjuring spell equipped. It just says that the creature stays with you for the rest of the game round. Removing the spell should be ok.

2. They unfortunately don’t mention spells specifically in the “switching equipped items” section (shields are also absent). I would assume that they lumped shields and spells into “weapons,” which means you can swap them out. All switching takes 1 stamina, and you can switch as many weapons/trinkets/potions as you want for that 1 stamina.

3. When you summon a creature with a spell, you just take the next creature off of that creature deck (discard any traps). And if you are level 8, creatures you have defeated that are level 2 and below should be removed from the game (potentially higher level ones as well, depending on his you upgraded your health/stamina/mana). See “Completing A Dungeon” on page 40.

4. It’s definitely a. If it were like b, then they would have just listed the different line items, like a normal attack, each with a cost of 2 mana.

Is this still how the rules are supposed to be played, or was it changed in a revision? At the end of “Completing A Dungeon” (Page 40) it says to do that at the end of the combat, not the end of the game turn.

Playing today, we got the necromancer necklace. Looking for clarification on how this works? We have three different theories. Thanks

Two questions about the retail vs. pre-order content:

1. Will there be any way for someone who bought the Skyrim Adventure Game to buy the legendary cards and whatnot at a later date? I just bought the game in a retail store and am really sad that it doesn’t have the late game stuff! Even just access to pdfs of the cards would probably be sufficient.

2. Can you clarify what the “free roam events are?” If I’m reading correctly, these cards were only included in the pre-order stuff, but that’s frustrating because the free roam mode seems to add a lot of the replay value. Can you post PDFs of this content on the downloads page, please?

In general, I feel like a lot of the replay value and late game content was locked behind pre-orders, as opposed to pre-orders adding extra but unnecessary stuff. It would be great to have a chance to purchase or download that stuff for those of us who only just now found out about and purchased this excellent game :slight_smile:

Regarding Equipped spells with passive effect (such as conjuration/alteration/guardian circle):

1. Are these effects removed after a swap with other weapons?
  2. Are there any upkeep cost for passive effects such as alteration/guardian circle? (Conjuration has an explicit section for that)
  3. Since there is no skill test involved for passive effects, can you activate the spell effects if you don’t have the skill?