Few clarifications (action points, armor boost, cover in CC)

As Vmag mentioned, a model can only use Criticals if it has the Critical icon on its cards - it’s the icon that’s just the exclamation mark (not the exclamation mark with a number next to it on the weapon cards which is the weapon’s Critical Rating). Most models get this icon from having a Heroic card; however, it can potentially come from other cards. At present, there is one Unit which has this icon at the bottom of its Unit card (so it can use always Criticals whether Heroic or not) and this is Nuka-Girl. (I have a few more planned for the future.)

On the same subject, Luck (and other icons on the Heroic card) are the same too - Most models get them from being Heroic but a few have one or more of these icons on their Unit card, or can get it from other sources. For example, the Day Tripper chem gives a model Luck whilst it’s active.

That’s a nice house rule.

1 Like

Is this right? So, a unit wearing power armor can choose to apply the armor stats from either 1) the power armor, or 2) the unit’s inherent armor. If choosing #2, does that mean that any damage that results from the attack affects the unit’s health instead of the power armor’s health (thus helping the power armor last longer before being degraded)?

I thought that was how it worked originally too, but the rulebook is actually really clear. If you’re wearing non-degraded power armor, all damage goes against the armor’s E, regardless of which armor value you use against the attack

One more question on the power armour vs normal armour. If you choose to use the armour rating on the card for the turn, do you keep the stat boosts from the power armour? (i.e. the + to strength etc.). Also interested in the answer as to if the armour takes the damage even if you don’t use the armour bonus…