FAQ & Errata update

The biggest barrier is that the starter set has a bunch of “stuff” in there - cards in three sizes, three books, two token sheets, dice etc. All of that needs translation and all of that needs manufacturing.

We might look at a translation of the core book after the revised version is completed, if we can find an interested partner, but I think a full translation of cards, tokens etc. is beyond the scope for now.

Well, as far as I know, in Elder CtA, there is no token or die with a letter/word… So you don’t need to translate anything of that stuff.
The card sizes don’t matter for this purpose.
It was not said, but you would need to translate the cardboard box.
In any case, to avoid manufacturing, it could be digital only, so you would save a lot of time on manufacturing, you would need books and cards only (print&play).
Having a foreign language available for being downloaded would be enough for players, from my point of view.

1 Like

Dice - no, you don’t need to translate them, but you do need a very big production run of them for new physical starter sets. many translators want small runs and there are minimum quantities for manufacture that we have to be able to fulfil to make the product worthwhile.

We are not in a position to make the cards available digitally at this time, in English or another language, so while a digital rulebook is possible a fully digital set is not.

A translated digital rulebook would be a good start point

Hi guys, New here. Just starting out in the game but been collecting packs and figures from day one. Sleeving at the moment but card storage is an issue for me. Do the various chapter cards need to be stored as chapter specific or is the intent in the game to add all the decks together as you go? I suspect the later but found no advice on this. Also any clues on how to store the cards ongoing for safe keeping? Any advice would be helpful.

A few sections have rules for curating your decks for gameplay, like Events (RB.37) and Treasure (RB.96) for instance. They do mention under Curating the Event Deck that some cards have expansion-specific intent, and to be careful including them in general lists for balance, but that those are marked with an icon when appropriate. AFAIK Master Treasure & Trap decks can be all of your available cards.

There’s also a few reprinted cards to be aware of (like the Orcish mace, the cards with Block on Endurance, etc-- all noted on the errata page iirc) and some faction-specific ones (Dawnguard/Vampire-specific upgrades, for example). You may want to separate those; I didn’t bother but personal preference!

Personally, I’ve found sorting category-cost the most useful for upgrades, and faction-type-cost for adversaries. Pretty basic, but then, so is my brain!