FAQ & Errata update

Hello all, we are looking into updating the FAQ / Errata for ES:CtA in the near future. If you have any queries regarding any rules let me know then myself and the dev team can look into clarifying as much of it as possible.

Like that of a sword of bow, do ranged magic attacks receive a black dice when an exclamation (critical) is rolled?

If a spell or weapon with the fire enchantment hits a target, but does no damage, does the enemy still become burned?

Thanks.

So for your first point Owenp95 … it’s not that Swords or Bows allow a Critical roll to add an extra black dice, it’s any Skill Test for an “Attack of any kind”.

So any Spell that is an Attack that uses a Skill for the test would add the extra damage dice on Critical rolls.

It would only come into play of a model had a special ability that allowed them to use an Attribute in the place of a skill where a Spell Attack would not do so.

And for the second… under the Fire Effect entry it says you must deal damage to place a Fire Token

@Will Thank you for clearing those up for me! I pretty much have all of the rules learnt now without consulting the book, apart from those two issues. But now I know!

Howdy,

I like the game, but have a question about the Quest Item treasure cards.

On all seven Quest Item Treasure Cards it states 'Take top 3 cards of treasure deck and shuffle this card into them and replace"

What does this mean?

Where are these four cards replaced to? To the top of the treasure deck? If so, you would never obtain said quest item, as each time you drew it you would mix it with another three cards from the treasure deck and return all four to the top of of the treasure deck ad infinitum each time you found it.

To complicate things further, the Quest Cards that tie to the Quest Items have requirements that require you to have said Quest Item or you must discard the Quest Card and draw another.

" All Quest Cards have a Requirements category. A Quest card can only be retained if the requirements are met. Otherwise the player must draw another card." Pg 6 pf the Quests booklet.

So, you can never keep either the Quest Card or the Quest Item, How does one complete the quest?

To my mind, when drawing a Quest Card with a Requirement for a Quest Item, you get to keep the Quest Card until you search for and find the Quest Item. And once you draw the Quest Item From the Treasure Deck, you do not 'Take top 3 cards of treasure deck and shuffle this card into them and replace" . The only time you would not keep the Quest Item was if you did not have the associated Quest Card. Also, if you had multiple players in the scenario, should one of them draw the Quest Item from the Treasure Deck they would 'Take top 3 cards of treasure deck and shuffle this card into them and replace". One could also agree to share the quest before it begins, so should any party member find the item it could be kept and given to the Quest Card holder to complete the quest.

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Mark

See Special Quests p36 and Quest Items p96. You don’t put Quest Items into the Treasure Deck until you draw the relevant quest card. AT that point you follow the instructions on the relevant Quest Item card, take the top three cards of the Treasure deck and so on. When you then draw the Quest item as a Treasure, you get to keep it and can proceed with whatever the quest requires.

We did consider having just one “Quest Item” card for all the find quests, but went with the specific items for each quests in the end.

I didn’t find “bound bow” spell card in my Core Rules box.
I have only 22 spell cards.
Is it right?

Could we ask you a list of cards in core rules box, please?

Thanks in advance

Ale - Milan

Hi. My son and I have been trying this game. We like the idea of co-operative play, and it has some interesting detail that other games I play don’t. But it is taking us a very long time to figure some things out.

1. For Delve mode, does each player form a Party, or are all player models part of one Party?

2. The first scenario for Delve mode is Hold the Gates! It says that any models that start in play would start at the Adversary edge. But I don’t see that any Adversaries begin the game in play. There is a paragraph in the Quest book, but I think the errata page removed that. We did that anyway. Does that mean that we should only bring in Adversaries as they spawn? (The game may be a lot harder with the enemies present from beginning, than if a few came in every time.) (Hmm, just remember that we don’t have to activate every bad guy every turn, either. We are really making it harder on ourselves.)

3. Are there suggested septim limits for beginners? We gave each other one hero and one follower each. We gave them weapons and armor (not over-powered, I think) , and are at 172 septims, I think. With a bunch of drrrgghh (however you spell the darn things), an overlord, and some skeletons, we have 8 Adversaries. My son said he only found 7 Adversary tokens. Is that a sign that we’re aiming too high, and have too many things on the board? Two characters each on our side and equivalent bad guys didn’t seem like overdoing it. But I didn’t see any recommendations.

The game is only in second turn, left for later. We will try to correct as we go.

thanks
andy

1. All the players form one party. You can choose amongst yourself the order of activations.
  2. The Spawn rule should apply to this scenario, so half the adversary pool should be on the table to start with.
  3. Not really. We’ve played Delves with just the Dragonborn, or with Yrsarald and Ralof, or Hadvar and a brace of Imperial troops. Whatever you feel comfortable with. There’s only 7 adversary tokens because we had room for 7, that’s certainly not the limit. You can and should use any method you are comfortable to track them if you are using more.

Thanks for the reply.

I’m still curious about #2. When I check the Spawn rule (p. 7 of Quests, I think), it says where they come in if they spawn in. On p. 26 of Quests, there was something about half the Adversaries coming in, but the errata we had said to remove the paragraph.

Does the errata need errata? :slight_smile: Or is there something else that tells me to use half the Adversaries?

thanks
andy

Am I right about the two notes above? That page 7 doesn’t say to use half the Adversaries, and page 26 has the paragraph about that removed? (We have errata v1.0 Proof 3.0.) Are we missing a different place this is specified?

thanks
andy

Hi Andy

No, you aren’t missing anything. I’ve commented elsewhere (on the Discord channel) about some items that will be in eratta v1.1, the revised (returned) Spawn rules being one of them.

Basically the updated Spawn rules state that unless the Scenario says otherwise, half the Spawn pool starts in play, placed on treasure tokens until each token has one adversary. Keep an eye out for the new eratta shortly.

G.

Hello, being an inveterate French player of your game, I was wondering if a French edition was being created. I have already sent several emails to propose my services concerning the translation of your products but I have never received any answer, positive or negative.

I have already translated some of your files for personal use, but it would be more convenient if official ones were released one day.

Many French speaking gamers are waiting impatiently for a French release of your products, having discussed at length with the community, many of them see the absence of French products as a reason that keeps them from buying.

There are no plans for translations at this time.

As a translator I could offer you my services.

Any reasons to this? Bethesda not wanting it or an economic cost which would be too important?

Its a bunch of different reasons. Cost, time, bandwidth, approvals timetable etc.

Thanks for the answer, not happy with it though. I know about french players who badly wants a translation, but i don’t know how is the situation in other countries, are we the only ones complaining about it ?

No :sweat_smile::disappointed: (Spain)