FAQ and Errata Thread

Thank you for the answer!
Can I ask a further question?

How do I distinguish between effects that apply to all locations and effects that apply only to the equipped location?

Do All System MODs affect to all location?
I think that Plating MODs apparently affect only to the equipped location.
How about the normal Armor MODs, like Asbestos Lining? (Core rulebook p.136)

Plating/material mods affect only the location where they’re installed. For localized mods, when you have mention of ‘all ressitances’, i’d apply it to all locations (ie : padded would give +2 vs blasts weapons to all locations). In tthe specific case of the asbestos lining, i would count the +3 energy DR only on the torsio but apply the ‘ignore perisistent energy damage’ effect to all locations.

1 Like

Hello, again!
We had several sessions and enjoyed them very much!
Please forgive me for asking another rudimentary question.
How “Persistent” damage effect works?
When you say “target suffers the weapon’s damage again” do you mean the result number of the Combat dice rolled just before? Or does it mean that at the end of the opponent’s turn, the same number of Combat Dice are rolled (like Torso injury)? If so, how does the Damage Effect of the weapon or the opponent’s DR count?
(Core Rulebook p.89)

P.S.
Sorry, additional small question.
TRADER equipment’s “Roll 3 times each on the Random Ammunition table (p.200), Random Chem table (p.204), and Random Oddities and Valuables table” means total 3 rolls (1,1,1) or 9 rolls (3.3.3)?
(Core Rulebook p.80)

Both the Settlers and Wanderers Sourcebooks feature the Lock and Load Perk, but with different Level requirements, numbers of ranks and descriptions. The Wanderers Sourcebook is obviously more up to date but the Perk description there looks incomplete. Which should I be using?

I’m always a ‘when in doubt, go with most recent release’. But for the description if you stuck with the settler one and used the requirements/ranks from the new one would it be a huge difference?

Will Explosives always hit?
All explosives have the Blast quality. From what i understood, it means that this will happen when using a explosive:
Instead of making a skill test using PER + Explosives or AGI + Throwing with the difficulty equal to the target’s Defense (usually 1), you’ll still make a skill test using those, however, the difficulty will always 2 + weapon ideal range difficulty.
However, this is where it really gets confusing to me. The Blast quality is written that “If you succeed, every creature (and other damageable target) in that zone suffers the weapon’s damage. If you fail, your misplaced attack is less effective: roll only half the weapon’s CD to determine the damage inflicted to creatures in the target zone and ignore the weapon’s normal damage effects.
So does it mean that the explosive will always deal some damage and if you fail the test it will only reduce the damage? Of course in this situation I’m ignoring the Damage Resistance. I appreciate any help!

excuse me if this question was asked before -i wasnt able to find it. If survivor character has a gifted perk -does it allow to raise a statistic above 10 to 11 or not?

Errata:
Cold weather is defined as below 5C, but extreme cold is 18C (should be -18).
Page 192.

18C is extreme cold in Texas.

“Settler’s Handbook” p38 (print and PDF) says “Two settlement actions that can be performed regardless of a settlement’s structures and other objects:” Then it lists 4 actions:

• Hunting and Gathering
  • Scavenging
  • Guard
  • Build

Is it safe to assume that a settler can be assigned any one of those 4 actions, regardless of a settlement’s structures and other objects?

Yes. All blast weapons always do some damage (unelss the DR makes it zero). This makes sense. No matter how badly placed that grenade, if you are within its radius, its gonna hurt you. Explosives are good but they are a limited resource, and if you are bad at using them you will often only do half damage, which after DR at high levels is often very little or even no damage at all.

DR 7 is nothing. Our mutant character has DR 11 (13 when standing in therobot’s force field). They are also regualrily piercing through and doing enough damage to cause crits on stuff with 9 DR. They are level 13 at this point, but yeah, its hard to find threats that actually challenge the party I ahve to make stuff up, lol.

I’m probably missing something quite basic and in my face already. When a player creates their character and gets their starting equipment, it might say: 6 + 4 dice rounds of ammunition. What do I do here? Obviously roll 4 d6s, but how does that translate into additional rounds?

Second, although I have the Settler’s guide and it has templates for various people, weapon smith, chem dealer, etc., is there a completely generic template for your basic NPC? If all of a sudden they roll up on a baker (mirelurks make a wonderful cake batter), what can I throw together as quickly as possible?

I have to imagine these have been asked a bunch of times, but I cannot find a straight answer to these questions for the life of me, just some speculation and homebrew solutions:

Can Mister Handy (and all such variants) mod the integrated weapon arms? Specifically I ask for the laser gun, as I see that the pistol arm comes equipped with the automatic mod preinstalled, but it doesn’t say which mods can be applied and which can’t, even though I imagine stocks and grips wouldn’t make any sense.

Is the limitation to “one mod per section” also intended to apply to weapon mods, or just armor mods?

Furthermore, the art of the Mister Farmhand having gone hunting would seem to imply this, but it seems to be disputed in what conversations I can find about it: can Mister Handy et al use pincers to wield other guns (such as the shotgun in said art) or melee weapons?

I am not able to find an answer to this issue.
In the Settlers Guide, the perk Squad Maneuvers shows it has 2 ranks that a character can get. What it does not show is what level it can be obtained at and how much of an increase in the level requirement after the first rank is taken.

I have now found another error. Under the Perk True Friends it shows that it only has 1 rank, but the write-up of the perk states it has 2 ranks (also without showing what level it can be obtained at and how much of an increase in the level requirement after the first rank is taken).

Hi there!

Just a quick question. Can you use your major action in your turn to do a second minor action?

Thanks!

In the new Wander’s Supplement, where the Big Guns mods are listed out for each weapon, we are not given the crafting recipes for mods listed after the Gatling Gun’s list of mods. Where they should be, the recipe list for Gatling Gun mods is repeated.

Example: Page 70, Gatling Plasma has a mod list including Ported Barrel, Comfort Grip, Reflex Sight, Beam Splitter and Beam Focuser. In the table beneath, it lists recipes for Speedy Receiver, Long Barrel, Comfort Grip, Extra-Large Magazine, Front Sight Ring, and Large Bayonet.

This mistake continues to page 71, where the information for the Gauss Minigun has the same recipe list, despite the list of unique mods listing different mods.

On page 108, we are given a list of 20 Rare Books to roll for and the Rare Perks they unlock. Below this table, the perks are described. The Perk “Master infiltrator” appears in the descriptions but not in the table itself. What is the Rare Book that unlocks this Perk?

In Chapter 3: New Perks, some perks (Escape Artist, Modern Renegade, and Secret Agent) have a specific level listed in requirements, but it does not indicate if the perk can be bought at higher levels. It lists (in the case of Secret Agent), that the requirement is “AGI 9, Level 7” which differs from most other perks, such as Goat Legs, “Requirements: AGI 7, Level 7+”. Is this intentional or mistake?

In Chapter 4: Equipment, the Food Items table on page 114 lists Gecko Meat. It indicates that it is irradiated but there is no number before the image of the Combat Dice, where other items have 1 or 2. What is number is supposed to be there?

In most TTRPGs, it’s considered acceptable to replace a Major Action with a second Minor Action. It is ultimately up to the GM, but I’ve never had an issue with it, as a GM or a player.

1 Like

As a) substituting actions is not mentioned in the rules and b) Fallout has a very specific action economy, where additional actions (regardless of type) cost AP, personally I’d not allow swapping a Major action for a Minor one. On the other hand, I agree with rhett78 that it probably won’t break the game…

1 Like

Is there a list of the revisions to the Wanderer’s PDF that linked today?