FAQ and Errata Thread

The following Mods have No Descriptions or Line Entries on Charts (Other than Loot Chart) so no idea what they do or rarity etc…

Gauss Rifle ;

• Capacitor, Capacitor-boosting Coils

Armor Mods;

• Lighter Build

• Pocketed

• Deep Pocketed

• Lead-Lined

• Ultra-Light Build

Is there a list anywhere of these Mods that are missing from the Main Book?
I emailed Modiphius 2 weeks ago but haven’t gotten a reply.

Apologies if this one’s been reported already, but:

On page 387, under Attacks in the Raider Boss enemy entry, one of the attacks is written as FRAGRENADE - should probably be FRAG GRENADE instead

Page 270: Bean, the robot at Slocum’s Joe, is referred to as a barrister.

Whereas he MIGHT be qualified to practice British Law, I think “barista” was the word you were looking for.

Just in case I’m blind and may have missed it…
In the crafting rules, when your rank in the relevant skill reduces the complexity of the item being crafted, does that reduced complexity also effect the amount of materials required?
E.G.
If I am crafting Tempered Raider Armor (Complexity 3) and have a Repair skill of 3, the complexity is reduced to 0.

I have a question about injuries with the Mr. Handy. If they are hit in the main body(torso) with a crit, do they bleed like in the description?

In the case of a Mister Handy, ‘leak’ might be a better description than bleed, but either way the mechanical effect is the same.

Hello. Im a little unsure on healing robots outside of combat. The side bar on Pg. 34 makes it seem that all that is needed is the 1 hour work time.

Hi,

I can’t seem to create a new thread for this forum. I recently purchased the GM Bundle and was hoping to get a game going, but I was confused about where to start so I came here. But I can’t find where to even start a thread on this forum (or any of the other forums, for that matter). Can anyone help me out here?

Ok so apparently that was just because of new user restrictions. You may disregard this.

I’m a bit confused about the first 3 armor mods on p.136 : Laminated, Resin, Microcarbon.

The text says it applies to all types of armor (except vault security armor).

But when you head over the crafting rules, these 3 mods seems to be Synth Armor mods specific.

Is these 3 mods really supposed to be applicable to any armor type?
Seems wrong that I could laminate a Leather Chest armor…
It would also provide the same benefits from Boiled Leather.

I think the table on p.136 is wrong and the All Locations mods name should be :

Laminated/Boiled/Reinforced/Painted/Welded (which would probably not fit)

Could very well just be generic adjectives like “Improved”, heck even “Improved I, Improved II, Improved III”.

Something I encountered while entering NPC stat blocks into my VTT this evening…

The character sheet and the rulebook (p.45) both indicate that the default S.P.E.C.I.A.L. attribute for using Energy Weapons is Perception, with Agility noted as an option “when you are trying to disarm a trap that uses an energy weapon”.

However, all of the NPCs with Energy Weapons in their stat block use AGI+Energy Weapons for their attack rolls.

So should my players be rolling with AGI when attacking with Energy Weapons, like NPCs do, or with PER as indicated by the character sheet? Or do I need to change all my NPC stat blocks to account for rolling with PER instead of AGI?

1 Like

This may have been an intentional choice. It allows the GM to change what weapon is used without altering the combat effectiveness of an NPC.
An NPC using Agility for energy weapons also means they can be a good shot but not other Perception skills.

1 Like

When attacked by rad scorpion do you get poisoned even if it doesn’t get through the armor soak?

scorpion hits and does 2 damage from the sting attack (one is a face/effect the other is a bullet hole). Character is wearing combat armor with 2 physical DR.

Does the attack count as Physical til it gets through the armor and then becomes poison?

1 Like

It’s been almost six months since someone asked about ghouls, disease and addiction. There’s no mention of mechanics dealing with any of this in the book, and it’s only brought up in a sidebar in the chems section. I did a quick search on the subject and I don’t think it’s been answered yet.

But wait, there’s more!

The stat blocks for feral ghouls and glowing ones indicate that they’re immune to poison, and they have the ability to play dead.

None of these things are mentioned in the entry on ghouls in the origins section of character creation. Nor have I been able to find anything on them in the book, except for under-explained side tables and stat blocks.

What are the mechanics for addiction and disease, in relation to ghouls?
Do non-feral ghouls also receive poison immunity, and the ability to play dead?

2 Likes

My opinion is that the ferals (and their glowing relatives) get their immunity and playing possum abiity are due to their feral state.

A regular ghoul is closer to the human norm and has only the ‘double dose of chems required’ effect. Which in my opinion apllies also to addiction - basically, it takes twice the dose to get both the effect and the addiction potential.

1 Like

I have a few questions that I’ve tried to search for answers to but couldn’t find:

1.Carry Weight: Why is the basic carry weight 150lbs and then Strx10lbs before any weight penalties kick in? That’s a ridiculous amount of gear! Surely for a non-robot character the base carry weight ought to start at no higher than 50lbs, and even then with just Str 5 it still becomes 100lbs, which is a still lot to carry around and not notice it.

2.p.60 Core Book: Armorer Perk…what Level does the perk start at, bearing in mind Blacksmith starts at L2+?

1. p.146 Robot Armor Plating: “All Robot Armor except Plating is installed with the
    Repair skill.”…so what skill is used to install Plating?

The starting carry weight in Fallout 4 is 150lbs, that’s likely where the number comes from. You also have to take into account the clothes the character is wearing, weapons, etc. its not just the stuff the character is carrying if you’re going to track that stuff tightly.
Armorer Perk: That’s likely an error and starts at 2nd level like all the other crafting perks. As written though, I’d say it can be taken at Level 1, as it looks like they try to not give too many prerequisites to each perk.
The question on Robot Plating is definitely one I had too. Because it says except plating, I’d say it was Science skill, but that does need a good official answer.

1 Like

Well there are actually several Perks that have Requirements Level 1+, specifically AquaBoy/Girl, Blitz, Chem Resistant, Fast Metabolism, Gun Fu, Healer, Iron Fist, Lead Belly, Pain Train, Pickpocket, Rad Resistance, Refractor, Scrounger, Strong Back and Toughness.

So I’m inclined to go with the Level 2+ Requirement for Armorer.

1 Like

And several don’t say any level requirements, so I guess it depends on how soon do you want your players to be able to make Armor mods. RAW, I’d let my players take it at 1st level unless there’s an official ruling. It does mean that there are other, likely more useful, perks they’re not taking.

I have three questions:

1. power armor costs and weightsdon’t makie any sense. It looks like the columns were swapped is this true? If they are swapped, why does x-01 (the better, rarer, more expiremental armor) cost less than the T-60?

2. Super mutants and armor:

on page 53 under super mutant, it says “you can only wear armor which has been made to fit a super mutant”. In the same book, under raider armor on page 133, it says “Super mutant characters may only wear raider armor”

So which is it, can they only use raider armor, only raider armor made specifically for them, or any armor made specifically for them? Which brings me to my third question.

1. Crafting things from scratch: The rules for crafting list mods for guns and armor, but no rules for crafting guns and armor from scratch. Is it impossible to do so? Is this intended as a future expansion? If you can’t make armor from scratch, is there some mod that can be added to make it for super mutants?

helmets tend to have less DR than the rest of the body armor, so head shots do more damage by virtue of it being less armored. It would be unbalancing to give a further damage boost on top of this