FAQ and Errata Thread

So, this might be a silly question, but what is the intended use of the cap tokens that come with the GMs toolkit? I assume they are to be used for AP tokens, but the blue quantum bottle caps confuse me. There numbered on the bottom, the red ones have a 1 and the blue ones have a 5, are these suppost to represent 5 action points? Or are they meant to be used to represent cap values?

As far as I understand, damage to specific limbs is just subtracted from the total hit points. The hit location is used to determine if you hit armor and what injury you inflict on a critical hit.

The limb HP on the sheet only applies to power armor, all other damage is applied to your normal HP.

1 Like

Thank you very much for clarifying

How do the d6s work when working with how many items you get? like 4+2d6 ammo., how much would this give on a max roll?

the dice results are:

1 = 1
2 = 2
3-4 = 0
5-6 = 1 + one effect

So if you roll 2d6 and roll a 2 and a 6 you would get a total of 3.

And this applies for things like ammo rolling?

all d6 rolls in fallout

Can you please explain how sneak and especially sneak attack works?
Player can use sneak attack if enemy already in fihgth, but didn’t see player at this moment?
Can player use sneak and sprint?
Can player use sneak when enemy see him?

The enemy must be “unaware” of the character. That’s more than just a Sneak roll in my games. It means they need to not know that the character is there, not just that they can’t see them.

Sneak attack lowers the difficulty by 1 and adds Vicious to the the attack. If the weapon is already vicious then it adds +2CD damage.

I rule that unless a group of characters is deliberately spread out one person attacking means the enemies are aware of the group. Allowing everyone to sneak attack is going to result in very, very quick and unsatisfying encounters.

No reason a character can’t sneak and sprint. Note though that both are Major actions, thus AP would need to be spent. Sneak is a Test action.

I make the character find a way to break line of sight before allowing the Sneak test if they are spotted. YMMV

How much Flamer fuel do Mr. Handy builds start with? The book lists attachments, but no ammunition values from what I can see.

I just started mine with 12+6CD, which is the amount from the ammo table.

1 Like

Thank you very much. That’s pretty much what I was going to do, but i wanted to be sure.

In the pdf version I have, under the “Trait: Mister Handy Robot” section (p. 55) it states: “If you select an arm that features a weapon, you also gain 20 shots of ammo for that weapon.” But, if you want it to be more random, you can use the suggestion above, I suppose.

Thank you as well. I looked everywhere including there multiple times and i guess i just skipped over it

We just had our very first session a few days ago. One topic that was slightly confusing was healing outside of combat. In combat you can roll INT+Medicine to heal HP - pretty straight-forward.

Outside of combat the rules say that you regain all HP if you get 6 hours of sleep, but makes no mention of healing HP using First Aid. So why can’t you just make a few more First Aid checks after the combat finishes? It seems that if there is a party member who has ranks in Medicine then you can just keep rolling INT+Medicine to get everyone’s HP back to max, taking whatever complications come your way of course.

The first aid action can only be done in combat (p. 33), outside of combat. Outside of combat, there are three ways a character can heal: rest, food & drink, and medical attention (p. 35). Medical attention outside of combat is not a first aid action, the first aid action is a specific action that can only be done during combat.

Mortagon, thanks for the reply. I see what the rule says now, but I just don’t understand why. It just doesn’t make sense to me that my medic can heal someone with first aid during combat, but 1 minute (or 10 minutes) after combat is over he can’t do the same task.

1 Like

Personally I don’t subscribe to the only being able to heal in combat idea and let my PCs heal Health and Treat Injuries outside of combat. The combat rules are simply to adjudicate how long it takes to do in the middle of a firefight.

Ultimately it’s your game and you can do what you like and what works for your group.

It’s to emulate how it is in the video game where you have to eat and drink to regain hit points. If you allow healing outside of combat food and drink items will become a lot less useful.