FAQ and Errata Thread

I think it would depend on the narrative. Unlike D&D (or similar games) the turns don’t have a set amount of time (no 6 second turn or 3 second turn); it’s more abstract and narrative so it fits what the Overseer and the Players visualize. So, Green and Blue can be drawn next to each other but narratively unless one moves within close range of the other then they aren’t actually next to each other.

Does the Piercing Damage Effect penetrate the target’s DR (4 Damage with 2 of it being Piercing vs DR 6 = 2 damage to the target)

or

Does it effectively reduce the target’s DR vs that attack? (4 damage, Piercing 2 vs DR 6 = 0 damage to the target [ as 6 DR - 2 piercing is still 4 DR ] )

How do you calculate explosion damage, like from a grenade, vs a target’s DR?

Do you roll for a hit location, or do you use the lowest DR on any location?

The latter of the two - reduce the target’s DR vs that attack.

Roll for a hit location - that’s the part of the targe that gets hit first/takes the brunt of the blast.

Is there any plan in the future for more robot type for PC, like Assaultron, Protectron or Sentry Bot PC options. In the video games some of these types of robot were shown to have the same type of personality as a Mister Handy, thinking of assaultron like KL-E-O, Protectron like ADA or the Sentry Bot Ironsides

Hi there, we have a little issue in our current campaign, my gamemaster have not been able to find anywhere a chart for the enemy creature hit location, with humanoid enemy is not a problem but for example last encounter we have was with some Bloatfly, and was difficult to know in witch part of the body we hit.

A little creativity goes a long way here. For the Bloatfly, arms could equal the wings. The rest should be clearcut: head - head. Torso - thorax. Legs - legs.

I find that you can almost always map humanoid locations to other creatures. In other cases you can rule that all hits are torso - for example if fighting a giant centipede or a shoggoth.

I know other games have hit location charts for specific, non-humanoid creatures, but I find it quickly bogs the game down.

They should have simply not mentioned alternative hit location tables :slight_smile:

1 Like

well tbh i find that we should recive a monster chart with all the hit location, for example how i determinate the location for a giant ant? or any non humanoid enemy with many hit location.

Although it involves some extra work, you can always look for images on google of the hit locations of creatures on the F4 game, and then create your own from that. But I agree a generic creature table would have been nice

This has hopefully been addressed in the physical book (I’m in Ireland so still waiting for mine to arrive), however I just wanted to mention an error I spotted in the .pdf. On page 136, the armour upgrades table, the “all locations” upgrades list has simply duplicated the material modifications for the Synth armour on the same page. If you compare to the “armour workbench” recipes on page 212. the following upgrade effects are missing from the “all locations” section: Lighter Build; Ultra-Light Build; Pocketed; Deep Pocketed and Lead Lined.

p. 98 Submachine Gun.

I’m guessing the Armor-Piercing, Rapid receiver mods and the Short barrel mod are old names for something else.

pg 97 Gauss Rifle

Gauss Rifle has mod options for Capacitators like Full Capacitors and Capacitor Boosting Coil, but they not listed in the big list of small arm mods and these do not appear anywhere in the energy weapon mod list that do use capacitators.

So I take it that this is a hold over from an earlier write up of the weapon that did not make it into the final and should just ignore that. Besides the Guass Rifle damage is chunky enough that a capacitator (which seems to be for damage boosting in energy weapons) would not be needed.

this was posted but i did not see a response. The Mutant can start with a “heavy Bolt-action Rifle” but i have yet to see a heavy rifle mod, save for in the beta. will there be one?

For Ghouls, it says that “Survival is a tag skill”. Does this mean they get Survival as a 4th, or it takes up one of the three initial slots?

The Heavy mod was removed because the effect of it was too small to waste page space on (and we needed to cut down on the number of mods included to fit the game in the book). Assume all instances of “heavy bolt-action rifle” are just “bolt-action rifle” instead.

Ghouls receive Survival as a Tag skill in addition to the other three Tag skills chosen during character creation.

2 Likes

I’m a little confused. I’m noticing a couple things that mention various underwater mechanics (the Aquatic trait on some creatures, for example, calls out that they can submerge indefinitely without needing to come up for air, and suffer no difficulty increase for attacks or movements made while underwater), but no mention of the actual rules for those mechanics anywhere. I’ve searched around the PDF a fair bit, and I’m just not seeing anything about it (other than that moving in water is always hard terrain). What is the difficulty increase to attacks associated with being underwater? In regards to the Aquaboy perk, which says “…you can hold your breath for twice as long as normal”, how long can a character normally hold their breath? And then I noticed a reference to drowning in the description of quicksand in the GM toolkit, but no other reference to drowning anywhere else–how does drowning work?

1 Like

Is the cost of ammunition per round, or do you roll the C.D. for “Amount Available” for the cost?
For example, Shotgun Shells: Let’s say 6+3 C.D on average is 7 rounds of ammo available. The cost is 3 caps. Does that mean that all 7 caps cost a total of 3 caps, or does it mean that there are 7 rounds available at 3 caps a piece (21 caps total to buy all 7)?

Do you have to get past a target’s DR for the Syringer’s Ammo to take effect?

When you install a mod to Power Armor in the legs or arms, does that mod affect BOTH legs or arms? Do you install it once in both the left and right, or do you install it twice, once in each?

The cost is per shot.

I say yes. As a House Rule I also say that you need to actually inflict damage to trigger the Stun and Persistent effects.

For Power armor it says "Each piece of Power Armor can accept three mods: an upgrade mod, one plating mod, and a system. " which I take to mean that they need to be installed separately.

Greetings! I may have completely missed it but I’ve been searching and I cant find any rules regarding the health of specific limbs or if they are the same as your max hp. I’d love if someone could point it out for me.