So… where to start? I’m preparing to run the game next week from the pre-order PDF, and it seems a little incomplete.
- None of the weapons or other equipment are given any stats. I understand that the game is intended to use the skirmish game cards… but they aren’t included in the book at all. Do you need to download them from the website and carefully scan those for items that are not available in the RPG and/or have changed stats (I see there are at least a couple that have?)
Adventure (WARNING: Some minor spoilers for the adventure below!):
2) None of the opponents in the adventure are given equipment. The adventure states I should just give opponents what I want… but I have no idea what would be suitable for starting characters. It would be great to get a breakdown in the book (or at least adventure) of gear packages (rookie/standard/veteran) indicating what is suitable.
3) There is also no guidance about which opponents make for a suitable challenge. The adventure again simply states to choose a mix of the cards, but a veteran is much better than a standard raider, and I have no idea whether 1, 2, or more of a group should be veterans.
4) The adventure includes an encounter with both “immature/small radscorpions” and “adult radscorpions”, but only one unit card is given. Are the descriptions just flavour (i.e. all radscorpions use the given stats), or are some stats missing? The same encounter describes a radscorpion as “some distance away”, but gives no guidelines for how far or how long it might take to arrive.
5) None of the expertise skill tests in the adventure state the difficulty or resistance - should they be assumed to be 1 and 0 respectively? If so, that seems to make black/yellow effect dice on expertise skill tests largely superfluous…
6) Encounter C1 (p116) gives no guidance about how many foes should be used for a balanced encounter.
7) The second paragraph on p117 seems to be confused. It claims that Yarwen and company was behind the first encounter of the adventure, and the settlers want revenge against them… but as far as I can tell from the first encounter, Yarwen wasn’t behind that encounter at all???
8) Once again, there is absolutely no guidance for the encounter(s) with Yarwen and company, in terms of numbers (just mention of them being around a dozen), breakdown of unit cards or item cards. Some suggestions at least would be very welcome.
That’s it for now…