Fallout:Wasteland Warfare - Old FAQ and Errata thread

Associated images were:

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi there, recently dove headfirst into wasteland warfare. Started with the starter box and moved on to get the raider bundle and various survivors and some brotherhood stuff. I have a couple immediate questions on rulings I can’t seem to find anywhere.

1: How is the suicider nuke used, is it a charge? is it thrown because it has the grenade icon? can you detonate at will? I have just been using regular movement til within orange since it says that on the card and detonating at will.

2: Can you choose which armor save to use between power armor and your regular save? mostly for the raider vet in power armor, while its non degraded it works fine but after degraded it’s blatantly worse than the models’ save.

3: “on fire” question, specifically with the laser rifle. I shot someone and got the double cola bottles to set him on fire, but then he saved against all of the damage. Would he still be on fire or since he saved would it go away.

also one last thing, how many points is sinjin, he seems excluded from points lists.

2 Likes

Hi,

Suiciders detonate the mini nuke using the ability on their card. It doesn’t require an action. The FAQ mentions that a ‘Suicider can only detonate before or after its own actions.’. This means they cannot detonate during another model’s turn unless the Suicider is performing a Reaction in response to a trigger.

Yes, the Power Armor section (p. 45) says that ‘Before a model wearing Power Armor makes an armor roll, the player can choose to use the Armor Ratings shown on the model’s Power Armor card, instead of the model’s usual Armor Ratings.’ This allows you to do as you say and pick the best armor based on the situation at the time.

Yes, they would still be On Fire. Weapon effects like that, such as Stun, still occur even if no damage is done so long as they hit.

1. Sinjin is listed in the current points list (v2.2) on the downloads page so maybe you have an older version. He costs 88 caps. https://www.modiphius.com/fallout-downloads.html
1 Like

Thanks for the in-depth reply james, I appreciate you taking time to help me out since info on rulings seems to be a bit sparse. I have two more questions that came up yesterday.

1: with the lead pipe it has a circled number one next to the limb break icons, how is it determined which one is broken?

2: when fire a missile launcher for example, and the splash hits two people the rules say resolve individually and that each get their relevant armor save. I imagine you don’t roll to hit again but do you roll the colored effect dice for each model or just keep the same colored rolls and take the armor saves one at a time?

Again thank you, I hope those weren’t covered in any new errata as I’m at work and can’t download it to look but before asking anything else I’ll give all new downloads a thorough read.

Hi. No problem. Glad to help.

The circled number is a limit on how many times that effect can be used during a result. The slash between the injured arm and injured leg icons means ‘or’. So, the icons say a Blast symbol can be spent once to inflict either an Injured Leg or an Injured Arm. The choice as to whether it is leg or arm is up to the attacker inflicting it. (Remember that a model can only have one of each condition so a second injured arm would make no difference.)

The latter of what you describe is correct. The effect caused is the same for all so the attacker rolls the Skill dice and any Effect dice just once and that result is then applied to all those caught in the effect, but each makes their own individual armor roll.

Hey another rule question came up yesterday. Was playing ack ack as heroic with a minigun. When counting critical hits is a critical added for each of the 5 rolls that hit? And when using the critical attack do you auto hit for all 5 and use that double yellow dice profile with 3 base damage? Any clarification would be great, thanks.

P47 tells you what you need to know about critical points as for what happens when you use the critical you’ll notice the critical side does not show a walked fire symbol and therefore you just fire one shot that does more damage (really good for long range shots where the weapon has little impact)

Hey all, some back and forth in the facebook group about the Equipped rule. I can’t find it in the rulebook, and the information being shared, and what’s on some of the download documents doesn’t gel.

Does “Equipped” on a model’s stat card mean that model comes with those items at no cost in any mode? And if not, how and where is that listed?

Examples: Goddard is equipped with T60, his battle mode roster lists it as “does wear” but lacks the * that , say, an Eyebot or Codsworth shows for their ‘free’ gear. Then A-2018 shows a lengthy list of ‘does carry’ but it’s not “Equipped” on his stat card.

In Settlement mode we buy what’s on the model’s AI card with caps. Would Equipped = free for those items (like the T60), or ONLY those items with a free cost in the caps file, like again robots and their items?

Is the rule consistent across the modes?

Well… Goddard is very obviously not worth his points UNLESS the power armor is included in his cost.

Equipped on unit card means it is included in caps cost for all modes

Can something be done about the fact that Dogmeat is strictly worse than Dogmeat Scout, but also 10 caps more expensive?

1 Like

This is true, and I wish I could remember where in the rulebook it said that…but…

Check the Battle Mode files. Goddard lists ‘does wear’ with his T60, Eyebot lists ‘does carry’ for the Eyebot Laser and it’s marked with *, meaning no cost - as the battle mode roster states. Then you look at A-2018 and he also has ‘does carry’ a buuuunch of weapons, but no *.

So the confusion is what’s what in BM? What’s Equipped on the stat card and free vs. what’s Equipped on the stat card and costs based on the different ways it’s coded in the force lists?

And then with that question in mind, carry to Settlement mode. Is all Equipped on the stat card gear free when buying your settlers using their AI loadouts? And confirming where that’s stated…

2 Likes

MINES:

1. Can you disable an opposing force’s mine? If not, what happens if there is a mine in a doorway and that doorway is your only access to an objective?
  2. Can you shoot a mine? You can aim for points on the battle field…how do you test for a hit on a small object?
  3. All units have an awareness range. Are units automatically aware of mines within their awareness range as they are with investigation markers?

Hi,

At present, you cannot disable or shoot mines. If you have to go through the area, the best approach is to send someone you don’t mind taking damage or a model with good armor.

Mines are like other tokens so their position is open information and a model’s Awareness is not required.

Thanks for the quick response @WriterJames. House rule time…

I played the second tutorial mission yesterday and had plenty of fun. I have a couple of rules queries that I could not find the answer to though:

1. When the investigation markers turn out to be searchable markers and they are interacted with, how are these then resolved in that scenario? Do they just count as an item or are they randomised in some way? The four searchable icons which are set aside correspond to the numbers 1-4 on the investigation markers, so I know about those, it is what happens with those with a red tool case that caused the confusion.

2. Can Super Mutants wear clothing and armour? Their faction rules state no power armour, but can they really wear suits or leather armour? It seems a bit strange if they can.

If I’ve missed any of this being covered in the FAQ documents, please feel free to refer me to those. I have looked, but I didn’t see an answer to either of these.

Hi,

Question 1: If an Investigation Marker shows a Searchable icon, the token is replaced with a Searchable token when a model wants to interact with it. Details about this are in the table at the bottom of p.30 of Rules of Play in the row about the Searchable icon, which says: ‘While a player’s model is in base-to-base contact with this Investigation Marker, they may reveal and replace the Investigation Marker with a Searchable Marker (face-down).’

In the scenario you mention (Fort Davis), the final paragraph of the scenario’s Battlefield Set-up section says a pool of 14 Searchables is created: 10 are placed during set-up with the remaining 4 Searchables being set aside as ‘they are used if an Investigation Marker shows a Searchable icon’.

The scenario mentions ‘the numbered Investigation Markers represent weapons lockers’. When a numbered Investigation Maker is revealed the player draws 2 weapon cards (so the 4 set-aside Searchable tokens are not needed when a locker is discovered).

Question 2. At present, yes. The reason for this was so players didn’t need an entirely different set of cards purely for Super Mutant clothing and armor, which would have increased the cost but had identical, or very similar, effects. Contextually, imagine the Super Mutants are taking the item and re-working and/or fashioning it into something they can wear which has the same effect, i.e. using pieces of leather armor on parts of their body.

Hope that helps,

James.

2 Likes

I really want a Super Mutant dressed in the remains of a 3 piece suit or tuxedo for that matter! Wish my sculpting or conversion skills were up to it.

3 Likes

James, both answers are very helpful, thank you. I made a mistake when I read the scenario rules and did not see that the numbered investigation markers had specific rules for that scenario, so I now know where I went wrong.

Hello there!

I can’t find the caps costs for the staggering pipe pistol (a quest reward).
The freezing .44 has a caps value in the list of the items.

So, how much caps do I have to pay for the ‘staggering pipe pistol’ and where do I find this info?

Thanks a lot in advance!