Errata & FAQ submission thread

@JimmyW Their Melee attack is pretty bad, so a 110 septim adversary that tries to hit you with GY is… weird.

RAW the Adversary does not start the game with the Ward cast, and will never cast it.

@Scarten Yeah, it’s a bit wonky at that Septim cost. They’re tough, especially with Ethereal and Magic Resistance when they block but the preferred melee is underwhelming.

Adversaries don’t have to cast Wards; they immediately use them instead of a Block if they have one listed on their profile card. This is RAW in the Rules Update Card in the Ch.2 set.

RRB if they spend their block token against non-Enchanted, might as well not attack them haha.

Oh I did not see that update card yet, thanks for the info.

Q: Is there any mechanical difference between the keywords Bleed/Poison and the damage types Frost/Fire/Shock/Force. Mainly, does the ruling of “Damage Types” op page 79 of the main rulebook also apply to Bleed/Poison? Can an Attack give both Fire and Bleed (for example) damage? Does an Immunity to Bleed (but not to Fire) still negate all damage in this case?

Card Errata:

1. Jenassa’s standard (not levelled) hero card says “dunmer mercenary” not “mercenary archer”. The levelled side is correct.

2. Lesser Ward and Frostbite have replacements in Chapter 1 Card Pack, but the errata does not point out the need for replacement.

3. Healing Hands reprint from Chapter 1 Card Pack was confirmed wrong in the 1.1 thread by a moderator, this is not in the errata document. The original card should be used.

Chapter 2 Pack:

1. Slow Time has a reprint with 9" range instead of 8". Which is correct?

2. Soul Trap from the core game had the Curse type, should it be Aura like the new cards? The effect text doesn’t make sense for a Curse.

3. Stormcloak Officer Armor is replaces by 2 copies of the reprinted version. It seems the old one should be removed.

4. The Lockpicking enchantment which had confusing effect text was replaced by 2 copies of Fortify Lockpicking. It seems the original should be removed.

5. The Throwing Knife upgrade card has been seemingly replaced by Iron Throwing Knife with identital stats but in a more consistent format to other cards. Is this a replacement or a seperate item?

When casting Rune spells, do you roll to hit when you want to place the spell? If so, if you roll a crit, does it then do crit damage when someone walks over it? Or do you just place it when casting it, and then roll to hit when someone activates it? And if so, if there’s more than one target, do you roll to hit for each one?

OK. I’m going to bring out a question I’ve been trying to get answered for a year and that’s around recovery. The first part was clarified in the FAQ last September:

A: Models recover at the end of their activation. Adversaries therefore recover at the end of their activation, after they have performed any actions. This applies regardless of whether the adversary activated as part of reaction or as a normal activation. Details about Adversaries and recovering from status effects can be found on Page 59 of the Core Rulebook.

However, pages 35 and 70 as written prevent them from ever being Activated. Gavin said he was going to follow up on that. As there are weapon and spell effects that apply incapacitated via effect and not injury (Examples from the rule book are Paralyzing Strike and Deep Freeze) and those would be very powerful if you could use on an Elite and Master and basically knock them out the game by just staying 6" away from them (thus denying the react to recover).

I’m going through the cards of both the core rules and the chapter 1. I’ve seen some typo:
Some cards as “fire rune” (43), “ice spike” (46) have a "add “yellow dice”, instead of having “DB icon”: “yellow dice”. Not really important imo, but that breaks the sentence “scheme” (i hope it’s understandable)

Another thing: oakflesh : armour instead of armor (armor is used in every other cards).

Telekinesis and calm use “marker” instead of “token”.

The enchantment card “sparks” share the same name as the destruction spell “sparks”. I think it’s an error, as the enchantment should have been named “shock”, as the enchantment card “frost”.
The card “lockpicking (62)” makes models without the lockpicking skill gain the lockpicking skills + the alchemy skill. Is that an error?
The “robe mages” (37) and "Monk’s Robes (38) are categorized as upgrade item, but their description (atop on the card name) list them as upgrade (armor).

1 Like

We have nightingale agent cards in the Ch2 card pack but RAW they are not usable this chapter yet because there’s just one nightingale hero?

Some of the Chapter 2 Spell Cards don’t have a +/- modifier next to their difficulty value meaning it’s not currently possible to tell how easy/hard they should be to cast (probably should be a +X value but will need confirming).

1 Like

This is just my interpretation but i believe that a party with a main faction that is anything else can have a nightingale in it, but a party with all 3 nightingales automatically becomes a nightingale party

JoeBubber already asked the question on when exactly the Destruction/Intelligence test is taken when using a Rune (when placed OR once when exploded OR once for each enemy hit by the explosion), but there is an additional issue. Currently there are 3 distances on Rune equipment cards:

12" in the crosshair
12" in the damage
3" in the Area Effect special attack

The crosshair distance seems to be the range (measured from the caster) that the rune can be placed. The Area Effect is the Blast Radius (essentially the size of the explosion). However, the one distance that is not clear is the “proximity trigger area”. Based on the two above we have to assume this is the last remaining 12", the one in the damage description. However, 12" seems stupidly large for a proximity trigger area, and even it was, putting it in the damage description seems odd. Because standard runes do not really have a proximity trigger area in Skyrim, I’m assuming the area is simply the size of the base and the 12" in the damage box is simply a repetition of the 12" in the crosshair? In this case the size of the Rune token should also be specified, as not everybody will buy the Token pack.

There’s also a rune token on the punchboard in the core set.

Some minor errors on the cards from the core rules:

Drainspell Bow (#93) : damage instead of keywords
Shield of solitude (#95) : block boost instead of block rating
Dart trap (#106) : Poison - health instead of the icon
Invocation of azura (# 112): beothiath instead of Boethia.
Few and far between, part one (#160) : wrong pronouns for Ingun, him instead of her (Ingun is a woman), Eligrim instead of Elgrim.
Few and far between, part two (#161): Eligrim instead of Elgrim.
Art of Destruction (#157) : missing quote, replaced by the requirements sentence.
I wonder about some cards : The Augur (#151), closing the breach, part one (#152) and few and far between, part two (#161). A number of VPs is shown under the “reward” section. I think it can be misleading with the VP already gain from completing the quest and a player can think they can win 4VPs in total.

I don’t think i’ve seen this one in the errata : Shadowmarks (#185) : there’s a sentence (if possible – place it as far away as possible otherwise) which seems to have been added by mistake.

In the ESO digital cards, the Ebonheart Pact party composition rules look copy-pasted from Daggerfall Covenant.

The reinforcements keyword need some precisions I think. Does this special action is usable at each turn? Only once for the entire game?

It’s got a value, so Reinforcements (2) lets you do it twice, per game.

That’s the “per game” which need to be add to the rule in the quest book :slight_smile: For now it’s not present which can be confusing, thanks !

Do Items that aren’t actually Armour, yet occupy the Body slot on Heroes count for the purposes of the Mage Armour Perk? e.g. Monk’s Robes.

Scenario 4 of battle mode: lost treasure. In the setup part, in the 4th paragraph, it says that players place their models on their own deployment zone.
It’s a bit redundant with the last paragraph saying players need to deploy their models in the normal manner, at least at 10’’ from any treasure tokens or enely models.

IMO, either paragraph should be mixed with the other.