Discovery campaign guide CE unboxing and discussion video

New video on the Discovery campaign guide up. Check it out!

https://youtu.be/wPlCvzOOUjQ

(And if you’re a DSC hater, vent somewhere else. Keep the thread positive.)

4 Likes

I don’t care for the Discovery series, but I was pleasantly surprised at some of the details in the campaign guide PDF. The treatment of duotronic computers is almost exactly what I had in my headcanon, so you better believe I liked the technological history elements.

2 Likes

I just think of it as “The Strange New Worlds” Prequel Campaign Guide. :innocent:

4 Likes

So I got Paramount+ for Strange New Worlds, which I love, and I decided to rewatch Discovery. I started with season 2 so I could see some Pike. It was interesting, a lot better than it had been in season 1.

I then watched season 3 and 4 and honestly its a lot better than I had thought it was at first. It won’t be my favorite show but it honestly finds itself in those later two seasons. I honestly think that if they had somehow cut season 1 and 2 and had it start with the time jump the show might have been a lot more successful.

I will also say this - the idea of a campaign set with a crew who serve as a special operations force designed to rebuild the Federation totally could work.

And yeah, I know, this book is only about the period of season 1 and 2 of Discovery (as future Discovery is a whole different can of worms in the sense of a campaign book) but it does have some potential.

2 Likes

Book does cover more that that – we tried to connect the dots between ENT and TOS with Discovery right in the midst of all that, setting the stage for the setting so that GMs and players can use the setting and time period before, during, and after the war.

4 Likes