Collectors editions

A little late to the party, but are the 3 collectors editions a 1 print run or are they going to be reprinted when they run out? Not sure how Modiphius handles their collector editions.

1 Like

They are all available from different sources.
Atreides - Modiphius store
Harkonnen - Amazon (Still think they are trolling)
Corrino- Independent Games Stores (Also Amazon sellers)

They have said they may do a re-release of the collectors set when they get any returns back in, but that is dependent on how well they sell elsewhere.

1 Like

I meant will each of the collectors editions be reprinted again? Not if they will be resold as the collectors set on the their website. Just wondering If I should hunt down each of them from amazon and my local gaming shop now, or will those editions be around while.

1 Like

My mistake.

I’ve had a look at previous Collectors editions that they have done and it is a mixed bag on if they have any for sale. The older ones like STA & Mutant Chronicles are out of print, but the more recent ones are still available.

Some of them specify that they were a limited run so I expect it will be the same for Dune.

1 Like

The collectors editions aren’t limited editions, so we will do more, just not as many.
(Dune has been successful enough to warrant it - we weren’t sure until now if we could risk another run)
You’ll only be able to get them from the specific places until October.
Then we’ll be offering any of them to any stockist.

2 Likes

I hope there will be reprints
right now there is an incredible markup on the books in the general marketplaces
over $160 USD for the Arteides book in some places :grimacing:

1 Like

Yup, there will be more. Not in vast amounts but as mentioned above they are collector’s editions, not limited editions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it during October that the Harkonnen and Atreides books will be available at retail, or after October?

1 Like

Modiphius have just announced that they have the books back in stock.
It looks like there will be a slight delay to restock the melange dice but if anyone wants to complete their collection now is the time. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s good news!
Does that mean I’ll be able to order them through my FLGS, or just from the Modiphius sites?

They’re gorgeous books, but I don’t know if I want to be paying $60 Canadian for shipping and brokerage fees.

1 Like

Hi. What is the difference between the collector edition and the standard? Is it extra art and snappy cover for one or is it more than that (ie content)?

1 Like

Just the cover. Inside everything is identical.

1 Like

@Andy-Modiphius or to anyone else that’s in the know for that matter…I presume Dune is still doing quite well (better even), especially after the movie dropped and this started showing up in people’s searches. Will there be collector’s editions of any of the other books (sand and dust, etc)? Maybe a super duper version of the GM screen? (already have the original from ordering the GM toolkit).

Sand & Dune has 2 covers.
The collectors edition is a pretty funky stylised worm maw.

2 Likes

@CountThalim Oh awesome thanks for the link. That looks amazing and yes, funky haha. Sold! :smiley:

Yes indeed. So far we’re planning collector’s covers for Masters of Dune as well.
Basically, as long as people keep buying them, we’ll keep producing them! :slight_smile:
(and we also love making them too)
But for the next books it’ll just be one collector’s cover rather than three.

No plans for doing one for the GM screen though, but we may look at a really high end screen sometime in the future as its a good idea.

2 Likes

Can confirm the film drove me to buy all the CE Books. Excited to get into this game.

2 Likes

Thinking about purchasing another hard copy. Have the print editions now been updated to the current PDF as far as errata goes?

1 Like

I recently ordered a new copy (Harkonnen) from Amazon. It is quite red and bold. It surely grabs the attention, and is the reason why I wanted the Harkonnen version.

The text does not seem to reflect the errata. (Example: page 37, the reference to kanly, refers to page 106 rather than the corrected page 206 per the errata.) I don’t know how well it sold or not, so I cannot say if the Harkonnen-Amazon version exhausted its original run and required subsequent printing. (There’s no accounting for taste, I suppose.)

I appreciate that the Harkonnen-Amazon book provided me with a code, however, which enabled free download of the PDF version from the Modiphius store. I don’t know if the Atreides or Corrino versions come with such a code. It was generous of them to include the code, with which I have access to a zip file with a January 20, 2022 digital version along with errata (dated July 21, 2021).

1 Like

You will find all the books have a free pdf code in them, so if you get multiple books you can pass the codes on to other people.
Drivethrurpg and Modiphius also update pdfs without needing a new code. So if you want to check if you have the latest version of a pdf you should be able to just check your library for any updates.
We did make several corrections to later print runs, so you may find such books out in the wild, but it will depend on which stock that distributor/retailer has.

1 Like