Can we create are own mission adventure pdf?

hi,my name rez and im wondering do we have permission to create city and area campaign book?im a long time storyteller and fan of fallout!So i was thinking,i’ll create a city and area book for one city and post it for players use!Can i?

I have created my own settlement as well as multiple quests and my own vault. I think the only time you would run into issues is if you attempt to SELL the stuff you create as that would run into licensing issues. Most IPs dont care if you make your own content, its only an issue if you profit from it.

2 Likes

Just make it clear its a fan product and don’t try to make it look like an official product. And don’t try to profit from the product and you should be fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s sad that they don’t help creators sell their own derived product, since it’s a win-win-win.
I.e. more content for the rule system which makes it become more attractive and an incentive for creator to keep the ball rolling.

That said, is there a clear guideline to it somewhere?
Who’s to say people can’t sell their own add-on (dunno where)?

1 Like

With an IP that is controlled by someone else you are stepping into an absolute minefield with endorsing 3rd party publications.
Modiphius will have a pretty tight area they can publish in, with a whole host of restrictions and caveats put in by the lawyers.

Someone publishes a acenario or mission that Bethesda feels makes Fallout look bad and they will come down on Modiphius first and foremost.
We know from the Liberty Prime scenario that Bethesda want to check everything thar Modiphius publishes through their normal channels.

With the new game that is coming it may be easier as it is apparently a wholly internal IP so Modiphius will have a lot more control over how many risks they are prepared to take with 3rd party publications.

2 Likes

mm… so what is this new game coming up?

There is definitely Cohors Cthulhu (essentially Cthulhu in the Roman empire) and possibly another unknown original IP coming out, but getting future information out of Modiphius is a challenge. (I’ve found Brownies work for some of them)

1 Like