Additional Resources

Both are great. Note that the Soong-Type-Android writeup in Captain’s Log is lacking species talents.
The random tables in Captain’s Log will be great for a hex crawl type game, providing loads of adventure seeds and even more exciting and different locations. Yet, Utopia Planitia will be great for a Standard Game. With the tables already in Shackleton and the Core Rules (maybe Science Division Supplement, if you happen to own it) will be enough to generate loads of adventures, so Captain’s Log could easily wait for a bit. I recommend both, of course. :wink: But I’m both a Star Trek and a 2d20 fan to my core, so your mileage may vary. :wink:

@Modiphius-Jim The point was that I (erroneously) thought that all species presented in Crew Packs were replicated elsewhere in major products of the line. These two are the exceptions as Linklite correctly pointed out.

You know the thread on hex-crawling the Shackleton Expanse in this forums already?
With regard to a map: Do you want to take three dimensionality into consideration or will a “flat” star chart be enough for you?

@Modiphius-Jim shall correct me, but: A definitive map of the Expanse was intentionally left out so Players are encouraged to come up with their own, fitting their needs. Yet, you’ll find rough outlines of a part of it on the backmatter of the Core Rulebook, the frontmatter of the Shackleton Expanse Campaign Setting and in the Beta Quadrant sourcebooks. Extrapolate from there; I’d say that’s about the third or, at most, half of the Expanse what’s in there. Maybe more, as you see fit.

1 Like