A Few Questions About Mutant Chronicles

That is how I understand it:
Every item you buy for a single Lifestyle Acquisitions test adds it’s cost to the total cost of this acquisition.

Restriction 1-2 items are purchased at no increase in difficulty (although the price must be paid for each item) Restriction 3-4 items increase difficulty by one, and Restriction 5 items increase difficulty by two.

For the MP-105 Reloads mentioned above, the Restriction is 2.
If you buy a single Reload, you have to succeed at D2 Lifestyle test and then roll your Earnings DSD against a Cost of 1.

If you buy 4 Reloads, you still only have to succeed at a D2 Lifestyle test, as this is a common type of ammo, but you have to apply cash by rolling your Earnings DSD against a Cost of 4 now.

At least that is how I had handled it (before returning to use “real money”, as in using the old monetary values, costs and earnings from MC2 and MC1, given in Cardinal’s Crowns. That made things so much easier and more convincing in play than the overly abstract Acquisitions rules).

I’m also not a big fan of the abstract ecomics. I only use the asset value as a reference of whether the PCs are able to do big purchases, like a car etc.
I don’t bother doing so for reloads or small purchases.

If I wanted to play a campaign / scenario where the players would be cash strapped and where money spending is important, I’d do as FrankF and use the old edition prices.

I still use the lifestyle roll to see if they can get their hands on very restricted items.

And here I am with a question once more, to make sure I understand vehicle rules correctly.

The issue I have considers a single crew vehicles. I understand that in that case that character counts as a commander and can take actions of any role, that much is clear. The doubt comes from the following.

“Each vehicle receives a single turn. During that turn, the vehicle
receives a single action per crewman, with the available actions
defined by each crewman’s role.”

This does not suggest the same split betwen Standard-Restricted-Free actions as a basic combat rules. However further descriptions of specific actions do specify whether they are Standard, Restricter or Response actions.

Given the above I assume the character in a single seater vehicle (say AZH-15 Raptor fighter jet) can take a Restricted Action from the pilot list - Standard Motion action, followerd by a Standard Action from Gunner role list - Open Fire or Firing Solution.

Other reading, that a single crew member gets a single action of any kind and that is all would mean that such an aircraft can’t ever actually fire, since it is forced to take move action by the Aircraft quality. So I am pretty certain in my interpretation, but I wanted to confirm it just to be 100% sure.

Is there any way to get a list of the prices if you don’t have access to the old books?

If you don’t mind putting a bit of translation effort into it, here is our price list we used in our MC3 campaigns - it is in german, but most items you might recognize from their english names.

The prices were calculated based on the acquisition stats in MC3 and the prices in MC1 and MC2.
This list has been used in our campaigns for a few years now, so it does work in actual play quite well.

3 Likes

Thanks. Time to put the skills from my high school German classes to use.

1 Like