VTT options for Star Trek

Playing around with the VTT I use for my games (Arkenforge).
https://www.facebook.com/joeri.jean/videos/4138000226224661

I’ve been using Roll20 for our STA game. Would love to see more support for Roll20 as it’s the most popular VTT system.

What do you people all mean by ‘support for VTT’?

I’m genuinely asking, because I have not a single clue.

Edit: Can you maybe break it down to a bullet point list?

1 Like

Virtual Table Top

IE Roll20, Fantasy Grounds, etc

I think the question was more about what constitutes support for VTT. People are talking about wanting more, but what actually would the more look like?

At least that’s what I took the question to be, and if not, I pose that as a follow up.

1 Like

Ah, well, at a bare minimum, support would be understanding the basics of the 2d20 system. Setting attributes/disciplines, selecting attributes/disciplines, the system knowing that you can only pick one attribute and one discipline, knowing what constitutes a success, a crit success, a complication, what the success and complication ranges are. Able to automatically assign damage to a character/ship

1 Like

@mattcapiche You nailed it, thanks. As I posted in the thread about Fantasy Grounds, I am marginally involved in development of an indy free and open source VTT which imho works just fine running STA. So I don’t know what people expect.

Hence the question for bullet points. :slight_smile:

Other than the last point (which is literally ticking a box) Roll20 already does all of that?

But different people do different things, so fair enough

I had been using a bare bones community build in Fantasy Grounds from 2019, and was planning on using it until the long promissed official(-ish?) version came out on FG (mention twice above by Sunpoticus) but after two years of waiting just couldnt hold on with the community build any longer. I’ve gone over to Foundry which has a Community build, but a supported one with alot more functionality. Granted, I’m trading off the large servers of FG Unity and now using my own system as the game server (as thats how Foundry operates), but willing to trade off the bandwidth for the increase in functionality.

1 Like

Just ran my first game on Foundry for my friends. We were a home group before COVID and are virtual due to a player moving.

It worked really well. There were multiple gleeful moments where. Like “you can zoom in” and moving the ship tokens as they tractor the freighter. It just worked.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone purchased and used the STA Core Rulebook module for Roll20? It’s about $60 currently, but I can’t find any examples, tutorials or videos of people using it online, and I wanted to know if it was worth the price. I know it seems to give you an LCARS character sheet and some tokens but is that it? Can I select a discipline and attribute and roll for it from within the sheet for example like you can with the D&D one?

The character sheet Star Trek Adventures by roll20 is for free. You do not need the Core Book for that.
From that sheet you can select discipline and attribute and roll. The sheet is great. And free of cost.
Some thoughts on the Compendium/Core Rules for roll20:

• I enjoy having the rules in game, so I do like it.
  • At this point in time there is no drag and drop from the compendium to a sheet.
  • There are NPCs you can drop onto the playing field. They get a sheet you can use for rolling

One could mention, that the book is on sale every now and then. Waiting for a sale can easily save you some bugs. I did not wait, which annoys me to this day.

I have the corebook on Roll20. It works well though initially did not have drag and drop. I need to see if they updated it.