Hello, just decided to join because I am currently doing a solo game of Infinity and some issues I never encountered before showed up right at the worst moment.
Now, remotes being Piloted by the LAI are simply NPCs, and you use their statblock as is. Although it is a bit annoying that, for how expensive combat ones are, they are simply elites, but I do understand the balance concerns.
The questions that really trouble me are:
- What happens when a geist or a player with a cube 2.0 ghosts into a remote? Obviously, the attributes used are the remote’s but the operator keeps their skills and talents. However, how does a remote take damage? That is, an elite remote after two faults is disabled and the controlling “ghost” kicked out?
- A ghosted player with lower attributes than the remote, does or does not increase his attributes to match?
- Do remotes still assist the controlling entity? if not, ghosting would be inferior since you only remove the complication range increase but have your attributes limited and are not assisted in every test (it is not mentioned that in remote control the pilot has his attributes limited)
- The Rui Shi remote in the Yu Jing supplement is more rare, maintenance heavy and expensive than all the other elite remotes…and yet is just a trooper, without armour as well. Should it be elite or higher? The overall expenses for it are second only to the (Nemesis) Daruda Tacbot.
- And the same questions apply to vehicles you ghost in. Although only vehicles with the remote quality can act as true remotes (any vehicle without will not be able to assist on tests when remote piloted), but every non-hackable can be remote piloted or ghosted in. Do damaged vehicles increase the difficulty of tests even when ghosted in? After all, wounds do not make tests harder and a ghosted character is “there in the flesh”.
I randomly rolled a cetacean uplift in character creation, and I thought a cube 2.0 would be fitting, and also very helpful if my dolphin friend could jump into remotes and vehicles to be an amazing pilot. Shame his great abilities are severely hindered, particularly those same pilot and observation stats. I appreciate any and all help, and although I got more questions, this is not the right topic for them.
Thanks in advance.