Super Mutants, Armor values, bonuses and more

Hi guys and gals out there,
I seem to struggle to adapt to the newest armor rules.

My asumpion so far is for a unit to carry, wear and profit from armor(or clothing), that does not set armor values while also wearing armor that does.

ChatGPT answered if e.g. a supermutant can carry, armor, chains and a bladed helmet.
Note, in this example the armor and chains are both armor cards but set/mod armor. In the previous ruling this question would be both obsolet and answered by:“determin the armor of a unit by a maximum of one of each card type” while the armor value was on the unit card super mutant and the armor bonus ont the armor card chains.

Based on the rules changes in the latest wave for Fallout: Wasteland Warfare by Modiphius, here’s how the armor card restrictions and requirements would apply to your super mutant scenario:

1. Bladed Helmet Armor Card:

• Grants an additional effect dice to charge bonus.
    • This card provides an effect, not a specific armor value.
  2. Strong Super Mutant Armor Card:

• Grants armor values of 3s (sets armor values).
  3. Chains Armor Card:

• Provides a +1 bonus to ballistic armor (adds to existing armor values).

According to the updated rules, each unit must not carry more than one armor card that sets armor values, but they can carry multiple cards that provide bonuses or additional effects.

Evaluation:

• The Strong Super Mutant Armor Card sets the armor values to 3s, fulfilling the requirement that a unit must carry only one armor value-setting card.
  • The Bladed Helmet Armor Card provides an effect bonus to charging, which does not set armor values.
  • The Chains Armor Card gives a +1 bonus to ballistic armor, which modifies the existing armor values rather than setting them.

Conclusion:

Under the current rules as of wave 9 (Nucaworld), it is legal for a super mutant to be simultaneously equipped with:

• Bladed Helmet Armor Card (providing an additional effect dice to charge bonus),
  • Strong Super Mutant Armor Card (setting the armor values to 3s),
  • Chains Armor Card (giving a +1 bonus to ballistic armor).

Is this correct or is the bot telling me what I want to read?
Thank you so much and have a wonderful time!

1 Like

Thats how I run with it. It would be pretty useless if you could only have the Bladed helmet with your armour stats stuck on 0/0/X for a super mutant.

Not sure that it works like this, because in that case for Humans models we can use for example Combat armor, Army Helmet, Freefall leg armor and Commando Chest Plate. So 4 Armor Cards.
And still we have only 1 Clothes cards limitation in the rulebook.
But i am agreed that this situation is not described in Rulebook clearly.

Seems legit to me.