Sisterhood Spin-off Series already ordered!

Tis a good time to be a DUNE fan. Spin-off series already ordered for streaming.

1 Like

The powers that be definitely seem to be building up the license as the ā€˜next big thingā€™. Considering that Game of Thrones and Star Wars may be heading for a slight hiatus with their big storylines ending this year, maybe 2020 is the year to really push Dune?

Well this is very promising news indeed!

Iā€™ll wait to get excited 'til we can tell if the writers actually bothered to read the books. And whether this series is based upon the KJA novel or is a more general spinoff. (I quit reading the new books halfway through Paul of Duneā€¦ it tried a GRRM flash back and forth edit, and I hate those.)

TV so often gets settings wrongā€¦ (Earthsea comes immediately to mind. TV show: almost all caucasiansā€¦ but not one meeting a caucasoid that I recall in the books.)

I hope they do it right. But I dare say, until they show me they did, Iā€™m going to remain hesitant.

Villeneuve has been said to be checking that the visual and costume staff have actually read the booksā€¦ and I hope thatā€™s trueā€¦ and has mentioned in interviews elements from other books than just the first 3, so seems to be a true fanā€¦

1 Like

This!

Though Iā€™d rather it be based on Herbertā€™s original writings. I never got into the follow on books that much. Level one of my tables with one.

But this really wonā€™t impact me, going with yet another private streaming service. Iā€™ll probably never actually see it. At least until the ā€œstreaming bubbleā€ collapses and they reorganize back into a common sense service format.

1 Like

Hopefully that last bit means heā€™s pulling from Heretics/Chapterhouse, since thatā€™s where we see inside the Bene Gesserit from Frank Herbertā€™s mind.

We see more (which is directly from FHā€™s notes, according to multiple sources) in Sandworms and Hunters. (7 & 8) The story is, to me, seamless thereā€¦ So I suspect most of the details therein are also FHā€™s, not BH/KJA in origin.

My standard for ā€œpassableā€ is ā€œGets the tech, colors and heraldry correct, and recognizably resembles the bookā€™s plot.ā€ For this spinoff? ā€œgets the tech, colors, heraldry and litanies right and doesnā€™t contradict D, DM CoD, GEoD, HoD, CHD, Hnt, SWoDā€¦ā€

Would be nice if it also avoided contradicting the House series prequelsā€¦