So in a week this will be session 0 for my first STA campaigne and I am preparing a google doc to summarize what topics will be in that session.
I am not considering myself as as a beginner game master but “session zero” is pretty new to me (in fact when reading Return of the Lazy Dungeon Master last year).
I have already done one for my Tomb of Annihilation D&D campaign (which is in standby for now for personal reasons) in January 2018 but D&D and STA are not the same kind of RPG so I’m looking for advice about topics I should cover next week.
There are some point which has already been covered on our Discord server :
- we will play in the default era of the game
- character have already been created
- roles have already been decided
- I have already created a ship because initially it was supposed to be a test one-shot because one player had asked for it but this player has left the boat meanwhile and the other are pretty sure they want a campaign so maybe they will create their ship
- The only thing they want to test at this stage during is the 2d20 system (2 players have tested it with me in 2018 but want to test it again, 1 player have played another Star Trek previous game but dont remember which one and 1 player has never played any Star Trek RPG)
Thanks and regards fellow trekkies GM